What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats wrong with my Plants?

J

JohnGault

Hi Folks:

I'm in the 5th week of flowering a crop of Sweet Tooth 1.1, and seem to be having some sort of problem.

I've looked through Stitch's guide, and tentatively identified the problem as low Phosphorous, and maybe low Mg. as well.

Could you kind people take a look at my pics, and tell me what you think?

I'm growing NFT. Using GH Flora products. 5ml Micro, 5ml Bloom, and 5ml Big Bud per gallon. I recently upped the Bloom to 7.5ml per Gal., but it's too soon to tell if that will help.

Thanks

JG

Herborizer

Veteran
First of all I would re-do your nutes. Since you are NFT I would dump the resivior and start with RO water and basic nutes. 8ml/16ml (lucas formula). Leave out any additives (except beneficial bacterias if you use them. Those are fine).

Make sure you are not over 1.8 EC. If you mixed right, you should have perfect PH of around 5.4-5.8. I wouldn't adjust your PH if you are in that range.

Have you foliar sprayed recently? It looks like something was sprayed on your plants. I have seen what you have exactly, after a Powdery Mildew infection. The brown spots and dry/dead leaves are the result of whats left over after you killed the PM on the leaves and the damage that was done by the PM. Of course, this wouldn't be the problem if you didn't have PM and didn't foliar feed. This also looks like the result of foliar feeding with the lights on. Did that happen?

Whats the temperature? I see signs of what could be heat stress, but not always the case.

For sure that first picture looks like nute burn.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
tell me what you think?

look at the tips of your leafs and you'll see that the tips are brown and burned. This means that you're plants are getting more food then they can use. So now ask yourself are you feeding them too much or are salts built up in your medium.

I'd dump your rez and run a weak nute solution through it for a few hours and refill and mix your normal nutes and forget the bud booster thing.

Herborizer

Veteran
look at the tips of your leafs and you'll see that the tips are brown and burned. This means that you're plants are getting more food then they can use. So now ask yourself are you feeding them too much or are salts built up in your medium.

I'd dump your rez and run a weak nute solution through it for a few hours and refill and mix your normal nutes and forget the bud booster thing.

This is great advice. Need to rule out any salt build-up.

For some reason I always forget that not everyone uses Drip Clean (by House and Garden). I swear by this stuff. Get it and add it to your regimen. Say goodbye to any salt build-up and pretty much any lockout.

J

JohnGault

First of all I would re-do your nutes. Since you are NFT I would dump the resivior and start with RO water and basic nutes. 8ml/16ml (lucas formula). Leave out any additives (except beneficial bacterias if you use them. Those are fine).

Make sure you are not over 1.8 EC. If you mixed right, you should have perfect PH of around 5.4-5.8. I wouldn't adjust your PH if you are in that range.

Have you foliar sprayed recently? It looks like something was sprayed on your plants. I have seen what you have exactly, after a Powdery Mildew infection. The brown spots and dry/dead leaves are the result of whats left over after you killed the PM on the leaves and the damage that was done by the PM. Of course, this wouldn't be the problem if you didn't have PM and didn't foliar feed. This also looks like the result of foliar feeding with the lights on. Did that happen?

Whats the temperature? I see signs of what could be heat stress, but not always the case.

For sure that first picture looks like nute burn.

Just changed out the res over the past weekend. Flushed them with just PH 6.0 water for 24 hours, emptied that, and added fresh nutes at PH 5.8, and PPM of 750

Have never foliar fed any plant in flower.

You think it looks like nute burn? I was thinking not enough bloom.

JG

J

JohnGault

None. The plants are suspended into the trough by pucks made from pool noodles.

JG

J

JohnGault

Another weird thing is happening. My PPM readings are rising. Started out at around 750, and now are at 1050. WTF?????

JG