What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking Marijuana Causes Fertility Problems in Men?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I found this in the MSM today and I think it's BALONY!

Smoking marijuana causes fertility problems because it makes men's sperm 'lazily swim in circles' say experts..

Men who smoke too much marijuana could face fertility problems because the drug makes sperm 'mellow' causing it to 'swim in circles'.

Cannabis - which is the most widely-used illegal drug in Britain - tends to leave users feeling chilled out and relaxed.

But now researchers have revealed that it has the same effect on sperm and regular weed smoking can cut counts of the cells by as much as a third.

Dr Victor Chow, of the University of British Columbia in Canada, said: 'The weight of the *evidence is that marijuana *probably has a negative impact not only for sperm counts but sperm function.'

Previous studies have shown that marijuana can affect fertility by cutting sperm count and suppressing ovulation in women.

The exact way in which that happens has not yet been made clear but the new research appears to shed more light.

But fertility problems are not the only danger of smoking marijuana.

The drug can increase the heart rate and affect blood pressure - while increasing the risk of a pregnant woman's baby being born smaller than expected.

It was also recently revealed that pot can affect the way a smoker's knees, elbows and shoulders move when they are walking.

The study, from the University of South Australia, found that there are differences between the way marijuana users and non-users walk.

Those who smoke the drug tend to have stiffer shoulders, more flexible elbows and quicker knees - which move faster than those of non-users.

While differences in movements were detected, there were no significant differences between the balancing abilities and neurological functions.

The study's authors are calling for more research that can determine exactly how marijuana affects movements, as the drug continues to be legalized in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4846328/Marijuana-makes-men-s-sperm-lazily-swim-circles.html

* I have toked for 42 years and have 7 children....lol

hazyfontazy

Veteran
* I have toked for 42 years and have 7 children....lol[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what i was thinking ,,everyone i know who tokes has plenty of kids :biggrin:

Nico Farmer

Stress, pollution, bad food, causes fertility problem in mens and women.
All my weed' s friends have children, and me too :)
Look Marley, and others rastas...
But I have friends, who don t smoke and have lot of fertility problems.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It was also recently revealed that pot can affect the way a smoker's knees, elbows and shoulders move when they are walking.

....I can't comment on this statement other than to ROTFLMAO!

hazyfontazy

Veteran

so i gotta blame me toking on getting arthritis ,,nothing to do with me getting older lol

i suppose my memory loss is due to toking to much amnesia haze :biggrin:

Cvh

Supermod
I knocked up my wife while being baked off my ass..
All my toking friends have children. While many of my non-tokers had fertilityproblems...

And no I don't walk funny either.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If my seed gets on her leg she ends up pregnant...This is an old myth they been telling us in the States for decades.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran

Hahaha This made me laugh so damn hard....I can't tell you!! Funniest thing I've read in a while!haha

superx

Veteran
Meh, i got lots of them...

Though she reckons my sperm is feminised from all the toking i am doing,
so far this part is very true...

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Ive been a daily smoker since my balls were nearly bald. Zero kids after nearly 35 years. 90% of time she's gotta jump in the shower or whatever to get em off her back!haha the other 10% I imagine she spits? Who knows....I'm usually passed out by then!lol

I'm obviously joking(or am I)lol but the first 2 sentences are true.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
So pot affects your joints? Hahaha!

Maybe it's more far reaching than they think...
New research suggests it may affect : heads, shoulders, knees and toes-
knees and toes.

And eyes and ears and mouth and nose.....

Last edited:

oldchuck

Veteran
A little less human fertility on this planet might be a pretty good idea. Unfortunately, no matter how popular weed becomes people seem to keep right on having babies.

Drewsif

Circles arent lazy. If they were swimming in squares, I'd be worried.

Pot relaxes muscles.. Including the prostate. You gotta flex a little harder.

Lack of cardiovascular exercise is #1 infertility cause.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Don't worry baby, I don't need a rubber, I'm high as fuck.

Please don't try this, I could expect to hear someone trying this though as absurd as it is.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
When are they going to begin studies with cannabis?

So far, all I've seen are studies done with contaminated cannabis. Getting a lot of negative results from the contaminates being slapped on cannabis. *facepalm* Talk about poorly set up controls.