What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT IS THIS?

shithawk420

Veteran
Dammit!I just talked to my buddy who's the curator of a local museum and I forgot to ask him WTF that is!if nobody has figured it out next time I talk to him I'll ask if he knows what it is

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Dammit!I just talked to my buddy who's the curator of a local museum and I forgot to ask him WTF that is!if nobody has figured it out next time I talk to him I'll ask if he knows what it is
I did send off an email to the museum that stoner4life suggested but that was yesterday, I'm sure he/they were off til Monday.. we'll see..

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did send off an email to the museum that stoner4life suggested but that was yesterday, I'm sure he/they were off til Monday.. we'll see..

as he's the curator you may be right, could be a M~F kinda gig, otherwise I believe most museums are open over the weekends.......

btw, my guess is (along with many others) that it's an exercise pin, Giggles guess is excellent as well.

damn, I'm overdue for some meds.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
..... looks similar to a vintage, double end sock darner - see eBay.:tiphat:
brother, I couldn't resist jumpin on 'sock darner', just yuckin.
2fd64dfa.gif

but I did go and 1- I do see your point of reference and 2 I didn't see any double ended ones.. but WTH.. gooda guess as any other and WTHKs you could be correct.. thanks.. I do like S4Ls idea and await a definitive answer but I'm guessing stump the stars.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Hey Snook, a google search shows one just like it only 12" long and a miniature look-a-like glove darner 8" long.

How big are the ends on your piece? Big enough for a sock or bigger?

Could be an INDUSTRIAL size sock darner!!!:bigeye:

..... hard to believe that at one time ALL socks were hand-knit AND darned, prolly more than once!:tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hey Snook, a google search shows one just like it only 12" long and a miniature look-a-like glove darner 8" long.

How big are the ends on your piece? Big enough for a sock or bigger?

Could be an INDUSTRIAL size sock darner!!!:bigeye:

..... hard to believe that at one time ALL socks were hand-knit AND darned, prolly more than once!:tiphat:
the ends are 5" in diameter and 6" long..

you cant fool me, bigfoot doesn't wear socks.:biggrin:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen my grandmother darn a couple socks on a lightbulb. Bulb wasn't large enough... Bet you might have a winner w that answer. Post is long enough that you could set it on the floor while you DARN IT.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I still think snook is the boy in the class���� lol he's having us all on!!
no sir. I been looking for an answer for 20+ years.. many a friend have been asked but not answered yet.. someone has to know.. still waiting for the museum to get back to me but only been 2 work days so far.. I do expect an answer form them sooner or later.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
this could take some time... I'll go looking for wood museums.. they're a little out of my purview... (<like that word?? :biggrin:) I find some things amuse me like the work 'purview' - what a cat does when looking at prey.:laughing:... they should have 3 more like this one : one pointing left, one pointing right and a fourth pointing down..
sorry for rambling, mornin vapes on GB bx2 early harvested buds and whacked.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
If that thing is a sock utilization tool,Ill be darned.

:laughing: Hey, don't laugh, when sock factories come back to the USA we'll ALL have to learn to darn 'em and get a double-ended wooden darner cause they'll be sooo expensive!;)

..... but at least you'll be ahead of the pack 'cause you'll know what one is!:tiphat:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:biggrin: ..... 'unsafe for human consumption'???? Pffft!

Open and deregulate the DARN mines, we're all gonna be rich!!!:laughing::tiphat: