What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD Hemp Seeds below 0.3% THC

All:

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where to obtain high CBD and low THC (<0.3%) seeds.

I'm looking for strains with High CBD 20:1 to 50:1 like Baox, Otto 2, Cherry Wine, AC/DC. Cannatonic, Harle-Tsu etc but need THC levels below 0.3%

I know Oregoncbd seeds has some but they want 5,000 seed purchase for $7500....?

Thanks in Advance

snuicide

if you are looking for thc levels below 0,3 % you maybe live in germany where the federal drug law prohibites cannabis with more than 0,3 % of thc. In that case you should know that cbd was allready attached to the BtmG (federal drug law) and you now need a prescription for pharmazeuticals which contain cbd. I guess the you find some news in the web about it, ~a month ago.

snuicide

in your link it says: "WARNING: This is NOT hemp and can not be grown as hemp due to the risk of higher THC than 0.5 due to it's genetics of pure cannabis."

PDX Dopesmoker

if you are looking for thc levels below 0,3 % you maybe live in germany where the federal drug law prohibites cannabis with more than 0,3 % of thc. In that case you should know that cbd was allready attached to the BtmG (federal drug law) and you now need a prescription for pharmazeuticals which contain cbd. I guess the you find some news in the web about it, ~a month ago.

That number seems to be pretty common I guess, thats the limit in Oregon too.

snuicide

Wow, I did not know that. But it makes sense because of the industrie hemp for textile etc.

cbd is a product which changes to thc during flowering. Maybe you can just harvest at week 5 or 6 to avoid the thc > 0,3 %.

Wow, I did not know that.

cbd is a product which changes to thc during flowering..

This is totally incorrect CBD does not "change" into THC. You might be referring to CBDG which is the "stem cell" of all the cannabinoids in cannabis.

THC and CBD are just one Hydrogen atom away from one another but their effects on the human body are completely different.

Yeah thanks Strass but Therapy has a reputation of being "hot" meaning consistently testing above 0.3%

Lot's of breeders are working with Therapy as a base plant to breed out the THC further

snuicide

This is totally incorrect CBD does not "change" into THC. You might be referring to CBDG which is the "stem cell" of all the cannabinoids in cannabis.

THC and CBD are just one Hydrogen atom away from one another but their effects on the human body are completely different.

Did you ever wonder, why they take CBD as basic ingredient for thc-synthesis?
As soon as their appears a Lewis-Accid (Hydrogen-Proton) you get CBD...

CBD changes to THC by cyclization. (Isomerization, if you want to look it up)

I am refering to Robert Connell Clarke literature.

So, can you give me some evidence that I m wrong?

snuicide

the first link is about the benefits of CBD and THC and other cannabinoids but there is nothing about synthesis during the Blooming process....

on the second link i used strg + f to find "molecular configurations" but didnt find anything even if i just look for "molecular".

I read several times that CBD is a product of THC synthesis during the blooming process. The ways of the synthesis are different by phenotypes but it is a common way of the cannabis plant to convert cbd into thc.
The ammount of CBD is effected by the latitude. Short summer => more cbd because the time for the synthesis is very small. Long summer (sativas) CBD ammount is very low because the synthesis gets a lot of time to create thc.

snuicide

But you missed the point. The discussion / confusion is about CBD beeing the precursor of THC and not the opposite....

ECtraveler

Veteran
In that case Under Mu Sensi is still correct. CBD does not change into THC during flowering. In fact all my CBD plants hit peak THC levels 1 to 2 weeks before they hit peak CBD levels.

snuicide

When your CBD Plants hit peak THC levels 1 to 2 weeks before they hit peak CBD levels then it is like i have read in books, because like I wrote before, the way of the synthesis depends on the phenotype a lot.

So please no guessing anymore just facts with evidence....

ECtraveler

Veteran
So please no guessing anymore just facts with evidence....

How much real life experience with growing CBD plants do you have?
CBG-A, or Cannabigerolic Acid is the primordial phyto-cannabinoid. It is the compound in cannabis from which all the plant’s other naturally occurring cannabinoids are formed : without CBGA, the cannabis plant cannot produce its most useful compounds.