What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace gear and all

orfeas

Veteran
Panama x Malawi

Panama x Malawi

An unorthodox smoke report

I hold a wallnut size bud
up against the dazzling midday sun
it glitters and twinkles and all
this is the picture
better it can’t get

tiny oily crystals omens
to the next tick of time
exquisite aromas strongly reminiscent
of orange peel and pine resin
adding clout to them

pinched off rolled and burned
a half small finger nail
a delight to inhale
a vague aftertaste of hashy bitterness
at the tip of the tongue
characteristic of most gland abundant buds

an intimate feeling comes rushing in
an uneasiness of a kind
transcending into tranquility uncompromised
floating on waves of introspection for the next hour
receding but still lingering on for another one
a three hour high not bad
a fine smoke altogether

:tiphat:orfeas

wishing you all a prosperous new year!

Ncali

Veteran
An unorthodox smoke report

I hold a wallnut size bud
up against the dazzling midday sun
it glitters and twinkles and all
this is the picture
better it can’t get

tiny oily crystals omens
to the next tick of time
exquisite aromas strongly reminiscent
of orange peel and pine resin
adding clout to them

pinched off rolled and burned
a half small finger nail
a delight to inhale
a vague aftertaste of hashy bitterness
at the tip of the tongue
characteristic of most gland abundant buds

an intimate feeling comes rushing in
an uneasiness of a kind
transcending into tranquility uncompromised
floating on waves of introspection for the next hour
receding but still lingering on for another one
a three hour high not bad
a fine smoke altogether

wishing you all a prosperous new year!

Lol I like it! Cool report format haha

deepwaterdude

Words worth a thousand pictures!
Glad to hear the Bard is out barding and toking! Well spoken!
Nice to have a drop of your sun in my winter cup,
and a bit of what the Poet is smoking;)

orfeas

Veteran
thanks heaps boys for putting up with my crude verse!
I'd rather produce that than a "formatted" smoke report that is somewhat boring and impersonal methinks...

On a side note, I've buried two compressed to the top jars of the Zamaldelica whose lack of potency I bitterly commented in my previous posts hoping to have it transformed into a decent smoke a few months later... :biggrin:
Someone insinuated/took it out on me that I harvested somewhat prematurely (around 8th Nov)...if so, then how come the PanxMal, having also been prematurely harvested, is fiery... :biggrin:
D'you guys think that two more weeks would have turned the tables so drastically?

P.S. Hey dudemate, the Poet isn't smoking, rather being smoked I reckon... :)

Buddler

Veteran
thanks heaps boys for putting up with my crude verse!
I'd rather produce that than a "formatted" smoke report that is somewhat boring and impersonal methinks...

On a side note, I've burried two compressed to the top jars of the Zamaldelica whose lack of potency I bitterly commented in my previous posts hoping to have it transformed into a decent smoke a few months later... :biggrin:
Someone insinuated/took it out on me that I harvested somewhat prematurely (around 8th Nov)...if so, then how come the PanxMal, having also been prematurely harvested, is fiery... :biggrin:
D'you guys think that two more weeks would have turned the tables so drastically?

:)

Orfeas sup bro? i saw your Zam. and she looked done to me.Maybe she flowered out too late and not enough heat in the sun to create all the power within her ?or a seed mixup i cut some a little early and the smoke was strong more clear trichs and heady high.Its a new yr soon be starting seeds for summer run all be forgetten.:tiphat:

rolandomota

Dig it up in a few months and let us know i read someone had this same problem with zamaldelica but at three months curing it turned in to the best in the guys stash i dont remember who it was. Malawi and its crosses need a good cure for the full power dubi says it all the time. So that pan x mal is going to be epic

yoss33

Veteran
Hey, Orfeas, did you happen to try early samples of this Zamaldelica plant? To me it looks overdone by at least 2-3 weeks, it looked so when you posted photos in the beginning of November, but I didn't comment because I've noticed that I like to harvest what the majority of members here call 'immature'.
Out of the several Zamaldelica plants I've tried, none needed any curing to become potent. The really immature samples also. They were all potent from the start. Curing improved their flavor and quality of high though.
But I've tasted weak Zamaldelica, and it was an overripe branch that I left on the plant and 'harvested' in January. Its fire had diminished to a calm, almost 'normal' effect, coupled with slight headache. This plant had a very powerful Malawi effect otherwise.
Just my two cents on that Zam..

I'm not worried about you though :) You have enough quality bud to comfort you till next harvest ;)

orfeas

Veteran
Orfeas sup bro? i saw your Zam. and she looked done to me.Maybe she flowered out too late and not enough heat in the sun to create all the power within her ?or a seed mixup i cut some a little early and the smoke was strong more clear trichs and heady high.Its a new yr soon be starting seeds for summer run all be forgetten.

Hi, Budmate! sailin' smooth, man... abundant buds in jars(burried and not), extra virgin olive oil in da drums, tsipouro in da carboy, beans and things and all... ain't I entitled to hybernation... :biggrin:
we grow and before we know it we grow again...fracking funny, ain't it...

Dig it up in a few months and let us know i read someone had this same problem with zamaldelica but at three months curing it turned in to the best in the guys stash i dont remember who it was. Malawi and its crosses need a good cure for the full power dubi says it all the time. So that pan x mal is going to be epic

hence the burial of "the dead"... :biggrin: which, by the way, I've done before with the desirable results...it wasn't a Thai leaning Zam though :)

Hey, Orfeas, did you happen to try early samples of this Zamaldelica plant? To me it looks overdone by at least 2-3 weeks, it looked so when you posted photos in the beginning of November, but I didn't comment because I've noticed that I like to harvest what the majority of members here call 'immature'.
Out of the several Zamaldelica plants I've tried, none needed any curing to become potent. The really immature samples also. They were all potent from the start. Curing improved their flavor and quality of high though.
But I've tasted weak Zamaldelica, and it was an overripe branch that I left on the plant and 'harvested' in January. Its fire had diminished to a calm, almost 'normal' effect, coupled with slight headache. This plant had a very powerful Malawi effect otherwise.
Just my two cents on that Zam..

I'm not worried about you though You have enough quality bud to comfort you till next harvest

Hey, yoss, seems we go about harvest the same way...I did take a sample branch sometime round mid-October based on your premises...it failed the test and got "dumped" into the ice bucket...
true the plant was at harvest window alright in all aspects but one, trichs...now, if colour of glands can stand as solid base for maturation...don't ask me :)
as for my stash, blessed be the poor... for their jars are eternally replenished...

orfeas

Veteran
mother nature trilogy

mother nature trilogy

Got me seeds alright albeit with a little "adventure" not finding them in the envelope...catalogue, sticker, smoking paper was all there was in there...
you see, I had gotten free long smoking paper before and my first reaction--since I no longer use long one--was discarding the paper in my office bin and punching a line or two to Luis telling him how upset I was... :biggrin: a quarter later not being able to accept that there were no seeds, I retreive the smoking paper and voila! An hour or so later Luis' response comes affirming the sweet spot...
I did make meself a laughing stock, didn't I? :biggrin:

However early it may be, I can't help planning ahead, a few changes in my lump of lead this round...I've come to a non-solid proven thinking that the stem rot problems are due to early planting, March that is, when RH is almost always high...
So the scheme has Auto MxNL go in the dirt beginning April hoping for a June harvest and the hazes go in the trough mid-end May hoping for a benevolent November ...

P.S. the depicted buds read M x P goddess 2016

Attachments

• P1100264.jpg
    P1100264.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P1100265.jpg
    P1100265.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100262.jpg
    P1100262.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 19

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas,

I'm glad you found the seeds of your order and that you had a good laugh :D
We didn't know the order was for you, otherwise we would sent you some extra goodies ;)

So Auto Malawi x NL and crazy tropical sativas for this season :)
Not interested to grow this year an indica or a sativa/indica hybrid inbetween ?

orfeas

Veteran
Hi orfeas,

I'm glad you found the seeds of your order and that you had a good laugh
We didn't know the order was for you, otherwise we would sent you some extra goodies ;)

So Auto Malawi x NL and crazy tropical sativas for this season :)
Not interested to grow this year an indica or a sativa/indica hybrid inbetween ?

Yep, I'll be embarking on a more perilous journey this time... :biggrin:

As for your last question, in my part of the world rejecting regalitos has always been considered a serious offence and I still have a gap in between to fill...therefore be my guest and play ball :biggrin:

Buddler

Veteran
By god its march Orf time to get the party started or what . teling the wife no OUTDOOR ! this yr lol.. i got some durban auto's ive been wanting to try low maintenance grow maybe..:hide: and of course something from the ace boy's..:tiphat:

baduy

Gd day Orfeas
So how is this zam doing?
I had a thai leaning one this year wich was pretty weak just like yours and now it has turned into something of average potency but brings the coldest high I ever experienced. No warm blanket here, even a bit unconfortable and definitely not a good idea to smoke that before going to bed, my friends say it's weird and avoid it haha!

orfeas

Veteran
By god its march Orf time to get the party started or what . teling the wife no OUTDOOR ! this yr lol.. i got some durban auto's ive been wanting to try low maintenance grow maybe.. and of course something from the ace boy's..
Aye, Budmate! March is the time when one goes about it seriously and ends up with 10+ footers...but alas I've been deprived of that right by that bunch of ruffians back in 2015...however I'm not getting my knickers in a twist...that walled little niche does the job alright but no tenfooters anymore... :biggrin: and this time there comes auto Malawi that can be camoed much easier...bear in mind I've never had a midsummer harvest yet...just about time I reckon...
so mid-March I'll be baptizing two autos, a fortnight later another two and the last two likewise...
them hazes will be sprouted much later in the hope to avert stem rot catastrophy and keep a low profile at the same time...sixfooters maximal :biggrin:

and you are telling missus no outdoor...try telling it yourself mate :biggrin:

Gd day Orfeas
So how is this zam doing?
I had a thai leaning one this year wich was pretty weak just like yours and now it has turned into something of average potency but brings the coldest high I ever experienced. No warm blanket here, even a bit unconfortable and definitely not a good idea to smoke that before going to bed, my friends say it's weird and avoid it haha!

can't recall when yours was finished, did you give her all the time needed?
I toked a sample from a normal jar(not the buried one) a week ago and yes potency has increased a tad, not significantly, no blanket at all weird sort of high but lucid like most Zams I've had...I wouldn't smoke the stuff especially when my pouch is laden with way better smoke.. :biggrin:
Yet, I still haven't sampled the one compressed/buried...I'll do soon enough

baduy

I harvested this one on the 10th of November, with mostly cloudy trichomes, looked like it was ready to me.
Your description of the high matches mine
That was a weird plant that never wanted to grow big, very Thai/Malawi looking and was really weak on first test just like yours, I was a bit surprised cause I would have bet my ass it was going to be stellar.
I'm happy it turned out better now but I don't regret not having kept a cutting, The high is quite unconfortable.Zamaldelica is a tricky strain, some plants are top shelf but some are so so. Luckily I still have a clone of my best zamal pheno, kind of a weird high too but potent, more balanced and a great mango smell.
Very curious to see your PH X M growing outdoor that's a strain I got my eyes on.
All the best