What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High-CBD Charlotte's Web strain more hype than help

Mednugs

This kind of burns me. Do you think the people in these posts really care who did what, got what from whom, or crossed this plant if that plant? Now we have no way of knowing but I image all they cared about was gaining wider acceptance of the cannibis plant.

I also don't like anecdotal evidence but most times it's all we have.
Penicillium had medicinal properties for thousands of year before we fould it to be true. I think that people fail to remember the medical cannabis is still illegal in almost half the country. And most place such as Texas the Compassionate Care act is a farce put up to show how in tune to the public lawmakers pretend to be. Meanwhile the law is useless. So how do you think the research will get done considering it's still against federal law?

oldchuck

Veteran
Just what exactly "burns you up," Mednugs? You must be aware that there has been a cascade of new research in the last few years. Much more to come, of course, but the ball is rolling.

Mednugs

Well like I said the this or that person did this or that. And yes there is more research than there was 20 years ago but there still isn't a great ability to do research in the US so most evidence is anecdotal.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Terpene profile of Cannatonic and Charlotte's Web

Charolette's Web

Tested: 04/06/2016
THC: 0.72 %
CBD: 14.83 %
CBN: 0 %

Terpenes:
11.94mg/g α Pinene
28.41mg/g Myrcene
3.13mg/g Limonene
1.13mg/g Linalool
0.16mg/g α Humulene
2.74mg/g β Caryophyllene
1.52mg/g α Bisabolol
5.0 mg/g β Pinene

http://sclabs.com/sample-detail.html?id=167504

Cannatonic

Tested: 03/31/2016
THC: 3.12 %
CBD: 9.18 %
CBN: 0 %

5.54mg/g α Pinene
12.83mg/g Myrcene
2.07mg/g Limonene
0.1mg/g Terpinolene
0.24mg/g Linalool
0.24mg/g Fenchol
0.14mg/g Terpineol
1.06mg/g α Humulene
3.51mg/g β Caryophyllene
0.85mg/g α Bisabolol
0.13mg/g Camphene
2.48 mg/g β Pinene
0.01 mg/g Sabinene
0.73mg/g Nerolidol
0.06mg/g Eucalyptol
0.1mg/g Geranyl Acetate
0.28mg/g Phytol

http://sclabs.com/sample-detail.html?id=166900

Keep on growing :)

HMadera

bancos&variedades (seedbank&strains) / criadores de cannabis (cannabis breeders) thread
page 13 post 190 14/09/2010 21:45 PM
posted by Raco citing CC21

This is what Jaime has told me about Cannatonic ( he looks a good guy, but a lot of unlucky mistakes by him on this one)
Hello Emilio, sorry for the delay answering.
Of course that I don´t mind answering you, it´s part of my job. I wasn´t very aware of the forums, I´ve got no time to read them and I don´t like the fact thet there is people hiding behind nicks to tell lies and write things that are not based on real facts.To be honest with you, I´ve got doubts myself about the genetics of cannatonic and altough it´s a quite long history, I´m going to explain you to clarify things a bit.
Resin seeds starts as a project between Alex ( son in law of Soma) and me in 2007. I was keeping at home all of Soma´s genetics and some of Adam´s ( TH seeds), together with selected strains from other seedbanks.After being a grower for 20 years, I had never made seeds yet; there were several factors to start:
The rise of spanish seedbanks, the genetic library at home, and a personal wish to gave a change to what I was doing for so many time(grow), to start something new and interesting (breeding)... so we tought that crossing that genetics we would have somenthing new; this was a high priority for us, as we wanted to start a innovative seedbank.
As I was very busy with my shops and grow houses, not having any experience making feminized seeds ( I didn´t know the way of using the STS ),as was the case with Alex, He suggested to hire a guy known as Jimmy ( I didn´t know him at the time and later did find out that he was the owner of Reggae Seeds).
I gave the genetics to Alex and him supposedly gave them to Jimmy to make seeds ( both regular and feminized ).We decided the crossings and months later, I think it was first of may, Alex came with the seeds ( regular and feminized, that by the way, without even today knowing who made them, I did put for sale and gave me serious troubles because there were males and hermies_ my fault as I did trust him and just tested the regular seeds_. I germed 80 regular seeds of Cannatonic ( that was the name agreed for the cross of Adam´s female MK Ultra and Soma´s G13Haze male), grow them, flowered them and selected 1.
At the same time Freeman, a good friend of the area made another selection of 50 seeds, from where we got later "Picantona" and "Dulce Canna", both with a very high average of CBD like Cannatonic.
I kept a mother from the first selection and it was from her clones that we got the sample that got 3.prize that year on the Cannabis Cup of the end of november; the sample was harvested with just 9 weeks and cured only 10 days as there was no time to enter it.While I was doing my selection I started to grow suspicious that there was somenthing weird; even if the smell was fresh, kind of haze smoking it, the taste on the mounth reminded me of Soma´s NYCD, I told this to Alex who didn´t agree with me...but well, I didn´t care much at the moment, because to be honest it was somenthing new and fresh.
I entered her in the sativa cup for diferent reasons: the way of flowering ( she stretches if you let the lights on a normal distance) with a lot of branching, haze smell, no sedative effect.... altough you can say she has somenthing of indica, the flowering period ( 9 weeks) and high production.
During that same summer, we started to put in place all the machinery needed to create a Seed Bank, from legal aspects to organization and marketing ( design, strain names, photos, magazine advertising, catalogues, posters etc, etc.That summer Alex tells me that he wanted to move to the south of Spain and that he wants to sell me his share of the seedbank; I paid him a good amounth of money in exchange of all the seeds produced.Well everything fine untill that moment, we had created a seedbank, that months later was the first spanish seedbank to win a prize in the most important cup of the world... it´s there that problems and doubts started. As soon as Cannatonic starts to be known in Spain ( after the prize and many thousand of euros invested in marketing), I start to hear in my area that Cannatonic is similar to some "Juanita", a strain that I had never hear of. I found out that this strain was making his name on the area of Gerona, because Jimmy had distributed clones trough some growshops in the area. I didn´t like it at all and I couldn´t stay without knowing if the rumours were true or not ; Alex had fooled me_ a possibility knowing his liar fame_ or Jimmy had fooled Alex.
I called Jimmy, I went to his home ( I didn´t know him) and after sampling my Cannatonic, he tells me that it´s his Juanita and that he hasn´t produced seeds for Alex, neither used that crosses of my genetics... You can imagine what I tought that moment with thousands of catalogues, packs printed and closed, a prize in the cannabis cup....
The thing is that to answer you ( and sorry about all this stuff, but you will see it´s needed to understand), the only thing I can say is that I think the seeds brought to me by Alex weren´t MK ULTRA x G13HAZE, probably NYCD x G13HAZE or REINA MADRE, that Jimmy says it´s his Juanita, even when he told me that he didn´t make seeds for Alex. In any case it can´t be the same plant than his Juanita as I selected myself the plant that entered the Cannabis Cup ( this has been confirmed to me by local growers who have sampled both); There weren´t seeds of Juanita for sale with that name untill 2010 while Cannatonic seeds where available since 2007, being myself first testing the strain with gas cromatrography to see the THC&CBD levels in 2008 Spannabis fair and that I have worked a lot, espending a lot of money to make the world know this strain, working in medicinal cannabis projects in Israel, Canada and EEUU, with great feedback on a patient level, a fact that makes me feel really good and not the rest of silly things and rumours on the forums, with all the respect for the people that gives his view with knowledge.To receive a call from Canada, to tell me that some patients have stoped taking their medication just smoking Cannatonic, makes me feel really full. Work, effort and money that others want to take advantage of, things that some people have no fucking idea of, but keep telling lies on the forums, using their anonimity.
I want to tell you that I haven´t got a good relationship with Alex long time ago, and that I have got no problem with Jimmy; I do recognise his great work,the numerous prizes he has received are a proof of this.
I hope that I´ve answered your questions, the only things I know is that the feminized seeds of Cannatonic that I produce myself now ( it´s the only way way of being sure what are you really selling, as I had allready to take 4 strains off my catalogue as you can see on my web), come from the clone I selected from the seeds that Alex brought to me supposedly from Jimmy.
From there anyone can draw his conclusions.
Greetings
Jaime Carrion
Resin Seeds.

This was posted by Jaime himself.....not the first time I post it here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=282148

This letter of Jaime is old and now we know it has diferents mistakes, is better you read the interview of Jimi and Jaime of 2011 and the article of 2014
http://www.cannabis.info/gb/abc/10002293-cbd-wave-first-decade-2004-2014

Bump to get "member" status with the 50 posts! so i can pm Clarence & Old Pink about how to how to pay with with western union and/or moneygram. I Have sent over 50 emails to "support" with no response! on 4 money orders i have mailed, & they have not been shipped out yet! I'm guessing they are lost or stolen. Tricky