What's new

anyone using general hydro 3part??????????

Fat Albert

GH 3-part, but only 2 parts: Micro and Bloom

Lucas formula:

0/5/10 ml/gallon VEG
0/8/16 ml/gallon FLOWER

Do a search and you'll be enlightened!

Fat A :wave:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I use it for veg and flower. Only as base nutrients though, i use many other additives as well. I use half strength doses with my other nutes depending on what stage my plants are in.

kroniccal

Fat Albert said:

Lucas formula:

0/5/10 ml/gallon VEG
0/8/16 ml/gallon FLOWER

how much do u start with 13 day olds?

Fat Albert

kroniccal said:
how much do u start with 13 day olds?

13 days.....how?

13 days from seed? If so, I wouldn't use anything yet! What medium are you using?

Also, what type of water do you have? Do you own a TDS/EC tester?

Cheers!

texasluv

13 days from seed, from clone, into flower???? What medium are they in? Ebb/Flow, top drip, handwater???? A little more info would help...

Depending on the strain I'd start at 1/2 strength of the VEG schedule posted above and steadily increases until you reach full strength.

texasluv

Fat Albert said:
13 days.....how?

13 days from seed? If so, I wouldn't use anything yet! What medium are you using?

Also, what type of water do you have? Do you own a TDS/EC tester?

Cheers!

Damn, he beat me to it :rasta:

kroniccal

13 days from seed im growing dwc with hydroton...im using distilled water . no i dont own a tds/ec tester just a Ph...im new at this i need all the help i can get...also i want to use cal-mag..when and how much can i start using it?

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

i use it. All 3 parts. i use floralishous plus threw out the whole cycle and liquid koolbloom in flower. with soil or rockwool/hydron combo.

i always wanted to try the lucas but do fine with whats on the side of the bottle.

as for the 13 day old ....

i wouldn't use any nutes yet if there only 13 days old from seed. i would wait untill they looked yellow or like they need some food. then use half strength for seedlings .

i always work my way up on the feeding schedule. i figure its easier to correct it being hungry vs being burn from over feeding.

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
from about week 2 I use GH 3 part in a 5/5/5 (ml) into 20L for 1 week then move to either lucas formula above or the more standard 30/20/10 (G/M/B) into 20L then 20/20/20 for a week just into flowering then 10/20/30 for the rest of flowering

thats strain dependent as I find heavy indicas like the standard formula better
and mix or mostly sativa do better on lucas formula

Oh I'll move this to the correct forum

OP

D

Don Cotyle

Fat Albert said:

Lucas formula:

0/5/10 ml/gallon VEG
0/8/16 ml/gallon FLOWER

Same here...grow/micro/bloom = 0/5/10 veg...0/8/16 flower

I also use Fat Bud as an addative in flower to fatten them bud sites up!!

kroniccal

thanks!!!!!!! so lucas formula isnt the right choice for indicas? should i go rayoflights guideline...has it been goon to you?

krly

I use nothing first 2 weeks, then 1/2 strength 3-2-1 for1 week then 3-2-1 for rest of vegging and first 2 weks of flower. Switch to 1-2-3 in 3rd week of flowering....dats it !!
krly

I originally used all three parts and the formulas on the bottles. Several crops ago, I decided to try the Lucas formula. I am happy with the Lucas formula and won't go back to using all 3 parts.

I used the GH on my early grows, especially on shwag bag weed. Though the genes kept it from being at least 2 hitter smoke, we found the bric meter and the taste was great and I got lots of compliments. Now I only do organic.
The Afficianado

I use the lucas formula, but I veg at 0 8 16 as well as bloom. The 0 5 10 is for vegging under low intensity lights (per lucas). Also, the lucas formula was designed to be used with ro water.

I have tried waiting until the water leaves start to yellow to add nutes, and I've waited until the 2nd set of true leaves has come up to feed. Both ways worked fine. I now use 1.25ml per gal of micro grow and bloom as my rw pre soak and to feed them from the day they get put into the rw until they get switched over to full strength veg formula. I haven't seen any stress from this or any burn. They seem to love it.

If your just starting out or trying something new, make sure to use really cheap beans or swag beans to practice with =).

TahoeTops

I use GH 3-part. I never go to the stength of what the bottle says. I always start with 1/2 strength of any cycle. From the start of cuts, I use 1/8 strength solution then work up from there.

Does this answer your question?

G

I was trained to use:
Grow/Micro/Bloom
Veg - 2 parts, 1 part, 1 part
Bloom - 0 parts, 1 part, 3 parts w/1 part Diamond Nectar
Late Bloom - O parts, 1 part, 3 parts w/1 part Kool Bloom

In retrospect I'd use another fulvic acid product throughout veg and flower as DN is crap...from what I 'earned later.

There's actually a Transitional formula between veg/flower but kept the info simple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts