What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BEER THREAD

CC Rider

i love beer.......for real....im not an alchoholic by any means....but i love drinking beer.....whats my fellow I.Cers fav beer?

MMmm Beer.

I like a lot of beers, but my favorite was a home brew made using the minerals from the river they make bass from (burton on trent?) They sell the stuff at the local brew shop here.

Other than that, most any Sam Adams beer is good, especially the cherry wheat- damn good smelling brew. I like a lot of the Stone brewery beers as well.
Actually, it's almost 4 here, so I think I'm going to grab an arrogant bastard ale. :rasta:

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I like yuengling, but I don't really drink and I don't like getting drunk.
Yuengling tastes pretty good though.

G

Anderson Valley Brewing Company's Amber Ale...their whole line up is great though...hard to find since i've moved but i hunt it down when i get the craving for some

D

daisy jane

Mhmm beer. In the fridge right now we have Corona and Pacifico. I will never turn down a Molson Canadian or Gold, Labatt Blue, Blue Moon, or Erdinger. Erdinger is my absolute favorite, very dark! It's a little spendy though, $53 for a 12 pack. So good though, and it goes perfect with a joint. :joint:

diggle

Right now drinking some Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale...big fan of the Christmas / Winter Ale style and the Celebration Ale is probably my fave.

Anderson Valley is real solid...was very impressed by their Winter Solstice Ale and even moreso by their "Barney Flats" Oatmeal Stout. The caps say "Solar Powered Brewery", is that really true?

Constant herb smoking has rendered me incapable of actually getting drunk....I just get tired now.

Overall I think Belgian beers (Chimay, Duvel, Unibroue, etc.) are far and away the most unique beers on the planet, and so I generally prefer them. Imperial stouts (Victory Brewery's 'Storm King' and North Coast's 'Old Rasputin' are two of the best I have encountered) and IPAs are delicious as well.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I drink Yuengling when I'm feeling cheap...
And Heineken when I'm not.

And careful with all those almost-face shots...

G

diggle said:
Anderson Valley is real solid...was very impressed by their Winter Solstice Ale and even moreso by their "Barney Flats" Oatmeal Stout. The caps say "Solar Powered Brewery", is that really true?

Anderson Valley Now Brewing Solar Powered Beer
(February 6, 2006 - Boonville CA) After a final inspection by PG&E, we were at last able to put the finishing touch on our $860,000 state-of-the-art photovoltaic project - Throwing the switch and making our own juice (the electric kind). Yep! We're finally up and running, and those 768beautiful solar panels (almost 12,160 square feet of them) are creating enough juice to cut the brewery's entire electrical bill almost in half! Now whenever you savor a Boonville Beer, you can savor the fact that you're drinking a solar powered beer and helping protect the environment.

The system includes state-of-the-art photovoltaic panels, with a life expectancy of forty to fifty years, paired with new-generation inverters, in a self-contained system. The $860,000 project will include two arrays; a 175' by 53' array on the roof of the brewery's cellar and packaging facility, and an auxiliary 120' by 24' ground-based freestanding array. When completed in June of this year, the combined array will contain seven hundred-sixty eight 40" by 57" panels, each generating 187 watts per panel, for a combined output of 125,000 watts per hour at 480 volts AC, during the day's five peak solar hours.

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
i am all about them big Belgian monk brews, i never met an ale made by a trappist then i didnt like. in my fridge at the moment i have some chimay grand reserve, westmalle dubbel and tripel, new beligiums 2 below, and goose islands bourbon county stout.

HOORAY BEER!!!
-fb

I just loooove DARK beers...you know, the kind that you can feel the silt going down your throat.

I especially love the Oregon breweries...and this time of year, all the special Winter darks come out.

Black Butte Porter
The Abyss
McMenamins Terminator Stout
Chocolate Stout

Echoes

Blue Moon
Michelob Amber Bock/Michelob Light
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat/Black Lager/Octoberfest
Almost anything Dogfish Head
Alaskan Amber
Rogue Chocolate Stout

Not much of that at parties around my parts, though. Usually have to take my own 6 or 12 pack. Most popular around here is Bud Light (surprise!) Every now and then you'll see Coors Light and Miller Light but Bud Light mostly dominates.

Bud Sniffer

I make my own..... I like variety, so I try a lot of different ones. I made a Raspberry Wheat last Summer that was great. Right now I have a 'Nilla Porter, an IPA, I can't remember the name, and Horse's Ass Ale I just bottled yesterday. I am kind of behind in my brewing, I have too many ingredients that need to be brewed...Planning on making something else tomorrow, then I should have plenty to get through the Summer.