What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LUI

Skunkenstein

The Swt tooth side is bushy...the Ortega pheno produces more of Columnar main bud...which is prone too molding. The Ortega is not as common in my Experince...i ran the Swt side...

jayd

The Swt tooth side is bushy...the Ortega pheno produces more of Columnar main bud...which is prone too molding. The Ortega is not as common in my Experince...i ran the Swt side...
thanks for the info. i thought it was the other way around
ive never grown lui but smoked her a good few times over the years and it was always a proper knock out indica stone.

jayd

not good news. checking preflowers and 2 males and 2 females but i noticed a couple female hairs showing on a male plant, only a couple but that was enough so in the bin it went.
never had a male plant show female hairs before. the other male looks fine and so do the females.

jayd

il get some pics up tonight. the male is really flowering super quick. i heard the males can be quick flowering but she is crazy quick for the time since flip. going have to take her out the tent soon and collect the pollen and wait a couple weeks before using it. the swt pheno is bigger and has bushed out a fair bit. the other female hasnt stretched up or out as much as i would of liked but still looks good

jayd

heres a few pics of the male. not even 3 weeks from flip. il get some pics of the 2 females tomorrow. have moved the male out of the tent untill i decide what to do. as ive only got 2 females i dont really want to leave the male in with them as i want some bud. i was going to only pollenate a couple of branches on each plant.

afbeeldingrn

afbeeldingrn

afbeeldingrn

jayd

swt pheno ?
a lot taller and branching well
nice big fan leafs
the other pheno is a lot smaller also sitting on a 2 inch book. the taller is under a 250 watt hps grolux and the smaller is under a 200 watt cfl for the moment. going to replace the cfl with the 600 watt led in a couple weeks or just buy a telos 00010 what a friend says is great but its just over £500. i might just let the male pollenate both plants fully but dont really have a need for 1000s of seeds

vw fourm

vw fourm

vw fourm

vw fourm

jayd

males dropping pollen. bit too soon for my liking but ive lightly dusted 2 small tops.
tried to enlarge photo but dont think its worked. if you click on it and then again it enlarges on the hosting site.

jayd

i dusted a couple small bud sites last week on both plants. was earlier than i would of liked and too soon to see if its worked. ive still got a little pollen left in the fridge. today is day 30 from flip and 16 days from first pistols. both smelling nice and staring to get frosty

jayd

the 2 lui are on 1 half of the tent under a 250 watt grolux duel spec hps. the other side of the tent ive got 3 bubba o kush under a 600 watt led (300 watt actual power). the swt pheno it twice as big as the smaller pheno

jayd

sorry for lack of updates, lifes been hectic. both plants colas were chopped at 63 days and i lowered the light to give the bottom 5 more days. top buds have been dried for 10 days and are in jars. had a sample of the bigger pheno and she tastes very nice and sweet with a nice uplifting yet relaxing effect. got to now find all the seeds in the lower buds i dusted as i didnt mark the branches and they were dusted really early so seeds are deep in the buds, hopefully there will be a good few dozen on each. i liked the smaller pheno best as buds were more solid, she would be a great sog plant but just need a bit of a veg. il get some pics of buds soon

anon710

Hey nice grow. Just today popped a pack of the LUI that I have had around forever. I run sog under 1k hps, what sort of veg would you give them to finish around 18-24 inches? Thanks

Would be cool to see some pics of the finished bud if you have time.

jayd

Hey nice grow. Just today popped a pack of the LUI that I have had around forever. I run sog under 1k hps, what sort of veg would you give them to finish around 18-24 inches? Thanks

Would be cool to see some pics of the finished bud if you have time.

it all depends on the pheno.
out of the 2 females i had 1 finished up roughly 1m tall and the other only about 18/20 inches. both had 5 weeks veg from seed i think or maybe a little less. they was only in 6ltr airpots soil organic grown

Last edited:

jayd

just weighed the top colas
smaller plant weighed 10 grams bone dry trimmed and destalked
bigger plant 15 grams bone dry and destalked

first 2 pics couple of buds from smaller pheno

couple from taller pheno