What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars reflector 192 diaries

Ruby_Abu

I got the tent this weekend. It is well packed with discreet package. But the delivery courier left the package in front of my door. I was not in home at that time. It is bad.
I assembled the tent well with around 10 minutes. I was impressed with it. Totally steel frame and the diamond mylar is very fixed. Mars did a good work. I installed the reflector 192 and turned the Growth switch. Wow, it is so blue. cannot wait to turn on the bloom switch. shiny like a sun( but purple, lol).
I think the reflector 192 can cover this tent well. I have no idea if still can work well when the plants become larger. Let's check it out.

Ruby_Abu

apollo grow tents are a little cheaper from amazon, for future reference.

Thanks, buddy. I will check it in furture.
The Mars tent deserves the price. The mylar looks like huge diamonds.
The sales didn't lie to me. Lol. I like it so far.:huggg:

Ruby_Abu

So i will begin the diary today. Here are some basic informations about it.

Mars Hydro LED 192 reflector series with 5w chip
INFO
Power Consumption:120V: 410W±5%, 240V: 397W±5%
Coverage Area:4' x 4' (122cm x 122cm)
Product Dimensions:24" x 21" x 2" (66cm x 54cm x 5cm)
Product Weight:15lb. 7.63Kg.
Operating Temperature:80°F -100°F
Compare to HPS/MH/HID:450 watt (they said it, not me. HPS/MH lovers Dont kill me LOL)
LED Lens Degree:90°-120°
LED Diode Count:192 Pieces
Spectrum:440nm, 460nm, 630nm ,660nm,730nm(IR), 2700k-3000k

Last edited:

Ruby_Abu

Mars Hydro 4'x 4' x 6' 6'' Grow Tent
iPower 6-Inch Inline Fan with Carbon Air Filter and 8-Feet Ducting Combo
VenTech VT SPD-CTRL VTSPEED Variable Dial Router Fan Speed Controller
Intermatic TN311 15 Amp Heavy Duty Grounded Timer
AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor
Lasko 2004W 2-Speed Clip Fan

GROWING MEDIUMS
3 GAL VIVOSUN Hydroponic Fabric Grow Bags/Pot with Handles Black
FoxFarm Ocean Forest
NUTES
Earth Juice Grow,Bloom,Catalyst,Meta-K,Micro,Big Bloomin'Guano,Molasses

STAGE
Germination
CURRENT PLAN
My current plan, that can change at a drop of a hat. Is to grow 2 MM and 2 LS. Havent decided whether Im doing LST alone or if Im going to add a screen. Im thinking real seriously about making me a screen and doing a Scrog. Given that the MM tents to stay short and the LS may tends to stretch, Im think a scrog would solve the height difference problem. But this IS my 1st LED light grow so what do I know, lol.

Ruby_Abu

buy-mars-reflector-960w-led-grow-light-for-medical-plants-mars-hydro-for-sale

Ruby_Abu

I just checked my tent. I am having trouble keeping a steady temp as the weather outside is very cold and i am forced to use a space heater to heat the room in which my tent is in. I was currently not using my big intake fan but have decided I better go ahead and turn it on. The temps are getting way too hot at times in there at a high of 101 at once point a couple days ago, the high in the last 24 was 98 which is STILL too high. I continue to turn down the heater. But while my High in the last 24 was 98 my low was 70. So I turned down the heater to 3 and turn my big fan on. The temp outside has warmed up so I prolly should have put it on 1 or 2. but you never know when the temps are going to drop. If tomorrow my temps are still too high I am going to turn it down again. My RH is also too low. Currently at 20% low as 16. I watered the 2 lemon skunks sat and soil is already dry again. This winter weather is making it very hard on me.

Ruby_Abu

I checked on the girls today. The largest is on its 5th node and smallest on its 3rd or 4th. I am going to Feed them Either tonight, or tomorrow morning before lights out. Im thinking Thursday or Friday I am going to top them. I could and maybe should top them now but I want them to develop a good root structure before I do so they recover quicker. When I top them I will start LST. I think sometime this week I am going to go to the Building supply store and get me some PVC pipe and all the fittings, and some string to make my Screen for my Scrog. I did the research a while back on the strains Im growing and the LS can stretched pretty bad while the MM doesnt tend to stretch at all hardly. SO hopefully my scrogging will combat the issue of having 2 big plants and 2 small ones. Its either that or I will have to constantly be trying to keep my canopy even. This way Im hoping the 2 LS can stretch all around the MMs while staying the same height. I may have gotten in over my head with my first grow. With the EJ and the scrogging, all in the middle of winter. LOL.

Kimura

is the room that your tent is in heated by the house furnace? im not sure how you're having such large fluctuations...

if you use a space heater, it needs to be on a thermostat of some sort, that will shut the heater off at 80 and turn it on at 68 or so. usually theyre built into the unit.

Ruby_Abu

I topped all the girls last night. I plan to go out there tonight and do some LST with the ones tall enough. So good vibes my way tonight so I dont break any of them. I really need to go to the supply store and get all my stuff for my scrog.

Ruby_Abu

is the room that your tent is in heated by the house furnace? im not sure how you're having such large fluctuations...

if you use a space heater, it needs to be on a thermostat of some sort, that will shut the heater off at 80 and turn it on at 68 or so. usually theyre built into the unit.

Thanks for stopping by and the suggestion. buddy. Everything goes well so far. :biggrin:

Ruby_Abu

UPDATE
33 Days from seed 19 Days in Veg
Current Temp 79f
Current RH 39
I fed the girls today the nutes I had mixed in the bucket yesterday. Each took about a Gal a piece. I got a few of my tools in. :) I got my 100 gal air pump and another air stone. I also got a gas tapper for after the screen is down and I cant move the plants. I can pump the run off out.
Maybe it is the time to turn on the bloom switch?

Ruby_Abu

I heard that Mars released a new white color led. It is similar with quantum board light.
Will this kind of light be better than the tranditional purple ones? Any journals that i can refer to?

Ruby_Abu

I watered my girls today with the HiBrix and cal mag I had mixed last night. Last night I checked the PH of the mix and it was about 7. I checked it today before I watered and it was around 6.5... I tested my run off to see if I had a ph problem. The run off was about 7. So I figure my soil is about 6.7-6.8. Of course all Im using to test is the liquid test from a ph up ph down kit from General Hydroponics I got from Amazon.
And of course I did another session of tucking. I am pretty sure I am going to run out of room. I guess when they do I will have to start letting them grow vertically.
I also did some slight defoliation on both MM. Not much. Just a little bottom growth that was never going to reach the top. I wish i could get to the under growth better I would do more. But Most I cant really get to. Not easy anyway. I will prolly do a little more here and there.

Ruby_Abu

I heard MarsHydro will attend spannish expo today. Will you guys be there?
I will definitely check their new white leds if i have a chance.

picture.php