What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drooping fan leaves; flowering; coco

Dr.NO

Hello. My Inzane in the Membrane from Ethos Genetics is acting up a bit again. This time, 6.5 weeks into flowering, some fan leaves have begun to droop and a few have curled under. I lessened the amount of water they received per day to combat high humidity and potential mildew a few weeks ago, but they were fine for awhile after that. I never really watered to runoff; mostly just kept them wet. Any help, ideas or criticism is much appreciated!

They are sativa dominant and stretch a lot.

picture.php

picture.php

Here there is some leaf damage which isn't widespread. Cal/mag
deficiency perhaps?

picture.php

How long has this problem been going on? ~1 week
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? Yes
What system are you running? Hand watered in 5 and 10 gallon fabric pots, I know 10 is a lot
What STRAIN are you growing? Inzane in the Membrane
What was the establishing technique? Clone
What is the age of your plants? 14.5 weeks in coco
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? 14.5 weeks in coco
How tall are the plants? 1.5 to 4.5 feet
What PHASE are the plants in? Flowering
What Technique are you using? Topped in wide screen
What substrate/medium are you using? Coco
What is the Water temperature? ~75F
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? White, not slimy
What Nutrient's are you using? General Hydroponics Micro/Bloom 6 ml/9ml until micro cut at week 3.5 flowering
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? currently 9 ml of bloom per gallon
How often are you feeding? Daily
How often are you giving nutrients? Daily
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? cut micro at week 3.5
What order are you mixing your nutrients? Bloom then pH down
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? ~450 ppm
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.8-6.0
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? Daily
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? Not totally sure but it seems accurate
When was your last watering? Today
What is your water temps? ~75F
When was your last feeding change? cut micro at 3.5 weeks
How often do you clean your system? Never flushed
What size bulb are you using? 3 600 watt LEDs in 5x5 tent and 1 1200 watt LED in 4x4 tent; 600s comparable to 400 watt HPS and 1200 double that
How old is the bulbs you are using? 6 months
What is the distance to the canopy? ~2 feet
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 40-50
What is the canopy temperature? 68F-75F
What is the Day/Night Temp? 68F-75F
What is the current Air Flow? Two 6 inch fans in each tent
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? currently no exhaust
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes, at the canopy
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard
What water are you using? Tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? 150-200
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? Fan leaves removed here and there, nothing extensive, clones taken from lowest branches week 2 flowering
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? some gnats but not infested

T

Teddybrae

Not a hydro grower ... but ... looking at the last pic could be Ca/Mg. The trouble is excess Potash can cause these symptoms too. Your plant may not be using all of the Potash in the mix and yr getting a build-up. When are these plants supposed to finish? They look finished to me ...

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Water the poor bastards. They're parched. And to run off, every time. About 30% of what you put in, should come out. I don't use PPM as it's not a standard, but you must be feeding low if you have no runoff. They probably want 50% more, nice and fresh, with the old stuff washed away so it's not part of the feeding schedule.

That's what you have been doing. Keeping feed around from the last watering. So your just topping up. You should wash all that old stuff out, and get new stuff in. The proper soaking then drying, ensures a good air exchange. But no dryer than you bought it.

Dampen them, wait a bit for all the salts to dissolve, then water till runoff, and half again.

I didn't look at the rash, but it's calcium. Standard for dry pots. No need to correct.

If your pots hold more than a days water, try some hydrogen peroxide. I mean.. try it anyway it's great, but if your water will sit about for two days, you really must.

Dr.NO

Teddybrae- Thanks for your response. They're on day 46 of 12/12 and said to go 60-70 days. The pheno pictured is super tall and sativa, but you're right the bud does look matured. It will go to around day 65 with the other less matured looking phenos.

f-e- Thanks for responding. I'll definitely get back to heavier waterings to purge the old and replenish with fresher nutrients and oxygen.

Latest posts

Latest posts