What's new

Thinking of quitting

I have gone through a few big changes lately I won't go into detail unless asked because it will be long. Lets just say I am feeling a bit unhappy with my life right now. My job stresses me. I dread getting out of bed. I am tired/high all day. Even when I don't smoke till after work the next day I am still very tired even though I try to sleep from 10-6:30(I do wake up multiple times in the early am). My back muscles hurt constantly, I feel spaced out. I feel like the last year or so is just a haze or a blur. I do not know what to do. I am considering quitting all drug use and getting into shape and seeing if I can become happy. I know I can quit just not sure EXACTLY what I want. I dunno what do you think icmag family?

Let me add that all I think about when I have a moment to think is I think about what I am, what we are, what reality is, how we have gone so wrong and so far away from our mother earth, how I hate being in buildings, etc etc deep stuff mostly and it is tiring on my body and mind I think?

Last edited:

akornpatch

I feel that too. I find relief in the great outdoors. Plus a nice fat J in the woods is great therapy.

A week off for Hempfest didn't hurt either.

Don't forget what my dad always told me...do something you love, not something you "have to" do.

Hope it gets better.

Peace.

TeamSleep

Hey I just went through the same thing, which also included a break-up. My job is very demanding and physical. It really started to effect my personal life which in turn cause the break up. If you can get some time off to think because it helps. Dont step to quick, just step out of the tornado, take a look at your life and start balancing the things out and really put things into perspective. Try talking to your employer and let them know that your job and other things in your life are really taking a toll. If they cared then they should try to talk and help you out, but if not, i would suggest looking elsewhere for employment. Maybe try cutting back on smoking, it helps for some. But seriously get some time if you can to think about things, there really is a world out there and there isnt any reason why you should be wasting your life by being unhappy. Best of luck to you!

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
take some time off of MJ. do some running and lifting for a few months, you'll feel much more energetic and probably better all around.

TeamSleep

I myself thinks its sad the way people forget about living, the way of life now days just isnt my cup of tea to be honest, makes me quite sick. I hope you find your way friend! :)

G

I think we all go through times like that...I think it's def. stress.

do u have any anxiety issues? (i have many) (social anx. bein one of em)

75% of the time all I wanna do is move back to Alaska...back to the backwoods and just be left the fuck alone.

25% of the time I just dont give a shit.

I work a high stress job w/ tons of hours...and I dont think that helps any...not in my case...but I have NO money worries.

to quit weed may or may not be the answer, for me it never was. (I just drank more)

I understand where your coming from tho...I've pondered this stuff many many times in my life...I'd say pretty much weekly for many years.

if u think quitting is the answer then quit for a couple months (that aint hard to do at all) and see what changes and what u think about...I doubt it will change much...it never did for me.

yukon said:

75% of the time all I wanna do is move back to Alaska...back to the backwoods and just be left the fuck alone.

I work a high stress job w/ tons of hours...and I dont think that helps any...not in my case...but I have NO money worries.

to quit weed may or may not be the answer, for me it never was. (I just drank more)

I understand where your coming from tho...I've pondered this stuff many many times in my life...I'd say pretty much weekly for many years.

if u think quitting is the answer then quit for a couple months (that aint hard to do at all) and see what changes and what u think about...I doubt it will change much...it never did for me.

We sound like the same person bro. I do have like 3 close friends and my sister who I do not think I could live without and I love to be near them. My job is high stress and like you I have no money issues right now... I am wondering if this is not also a nutrition issue. I do not eat breakfast and this has been my habit for as long as I remember being alive. I am a stoner so I eat alot of junkfood. Maybe I should take vitamins? But yes I am a very anxious person. Other people driving vehicles while I am passenger makes me very on edge, at work I am on edge, being around lots of people makes me on edge, at certain times being in buildings makes me on edge, new people make me on edge(unless im rollin), I am most comfortable with friends and family in my home or if I am alone I love to be out in the open. I hate what we have become as people. I wish there was a tribe I could join, seriously.

NEVER say QUIT

NEVER say QUIT

yukon said:

I don't think you could have hit the nail more square on the head. That person you described is someone who sounds exactly like myself, minus the high salary job. RegardlessI still don't have money stress, I'm kinda at a point where I actually actually think money is a bad thing. All it does it cause trouble. Sure you need the basics, but thats it. Unless people can change, and that would require a revolution,much like the hippies in the 70's, money will only cause problems. Back then when you looked in peoples eyes you saw kindess and friendliness, now all you see is $$$.(In general).

People are only out for themselves, and are constantly looking over there back. If you confront them, most will give you some gruff comment, and not acknawledge the shitty attituesofpeople now today. Some of the smart ones, however, like my friend, will tell you its the only way to survive. He used to be just like the person you described in your post too, except to the extreme. I learned almost everything from him, and respect him greatly. But, recently, after battling with some serious anxiety and depression, he decided he had to change. He decided he had to change into one of the people who thrive in today. You know, money worried, back stabbing, back talking,manipulative, do whatever it takes to be No.1 kind of people.

I think hes wavering,and thinking of going back to himself and the good days, cause some comments I've made have really gotten to him I could tell.

Back to the orignal topic, I know how ya feel. Take a break from the herb, and clear your head. That will make a huge difference I'm sure, it did for me after smoking non stop 2 years. Once you've done that, basically, be free, it's a whole different world out there with a clear head, and enjoy some of the things you may have neglected while a burn out. More advice may follow, but even this is way to much for my stoned ass.

ps Never say your thinking of quitting. Quitting herb would be like quitting listening to Zepplin. You don't quit, you take a break and listen to new things. Do the same with herb, take a break and enjoy the things you wern't before, or maybe even new things found with your unlaziness.

Peace

Last edited:
E

easyrasta

Put yourself on a diet and exercise routine
breakfast is extremely important as is morning activities
get out of bed when you wake up dont lay around for a while
either walk bike or treadmill for about a half hour
then have a balanced breakfast.
cut out the junk food and slam some fruit and veggies during the day
should change your mood
Peace
Ez

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
^ I agree.
Concentrate on healthy living with diet and daily exercise. Get out and walk or hike as much as you can. Then try some meditation, get into your own soul and wake up parts of you that have been sleeping.

G

your tired all the time because your depressed about certin things in life. that type of situation will cousume your inner energy and leave you drained.~(internal conflict)

"quit doing all drugs" ~ yes, and just stick to the pot, or not either way if ur doin "real" drugs stop that asap.

Other wise heatly eating and exercise should pick you up out your rutt.

Last edited:
MarijuanaMesiah said:
your tired all the time because your depressed about certin things in life. that type of situation will cousume your inner energy and leave you drained.~(internal conflict)

"quit doing all drugs" ~ yes, and just stick to the pot, or not either way if ur doin "real" drugs stop that asap.

Other wise heatly eating and exercise should pick you up out your rutt.

Besides herb I enjoy the delics almost on a weekly basis sometimes multiple times on the weekends. I am going to get on a workout and diet and start eating in the morning and see how I feel. I know you are right about the interal conflict. I thank everyone of you for your comments, I am taking them all in to come up with what will work for me.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
easyrasta said:
Put yourself on a diet and exercise routine
breakfast is extremely important as is morning activities
get out of bed when you wake up dont lay around for a while
either walk bike or treadmill for about a half hour
then have a balanced breakfast.
cut out the junk food and slam some fruit and veggies during the day
should change your mood
Peace
Ez

thats hitting the nail on the head.... moderation is key also....i recently stopped smoking buds about a month ago. I had simular issues, a culmination of various problems....family...GF....my own stupidity and anger issues, my diet deff sucked and i was basically not working and bumming around. I recently got a job outside of the restaurant world(talk about stress) that has regular hours 10-6 pm m-f and that helped hell of a lot.....getting up earlier changing what i ate and getting into a routine changed how i felt drastically. i still want to smoke ganja its the greatest passion in my life right now other than making music, and i will be smoking soon(prolly when i crop so i can save some $$ too) .sometimes u gotta give some thing to get something....your body and mind tell you what they want, its up to you to follow through.

Last edited:

naga_sadu

I have gone through a few big changes lately I won't go into detail unless asked because it will be long. Lets just say I am feeling a bit unhappy with my life right now. My job stresses me. I dread getting out of bed.

Well, I'm reading it that the work environment isin't agreeing well w/u. I don't see weed doing anything here. Maybe it's time to change your job and enter trade? Maybe time to move to another place? I dunno...

I do not know what to do. I am considering quitting all drug use and getting into shape and seeing if I can become happy.

Living in a place or working in a job which doesn't satisfy u usually makes people depressed. What job are u doing? Is this what you want to do? Same shit happened to me. I just changed my location and profession and everything went back to good.

I have a moment to think is I think about what I am, what we are, what reality is, how we have gone so wrong and so far away from our mother earth, how I hate being in buildings

Well I hate concrete hellholes too. I'd never been to a city in months. I can't stand 'em. If u don't like a cosmopolitan kind of lifestyle, you may want to move to a more semi urban / rural setting. If you move to a semi urban / rural type of setting in say, Asia, you'll have to drastically change your lifestyle.

But whatever you do, staying in an environment which u don't like isin't going to make life any better. If it really gets unbearable, you will have to change your locations. QUitting isin't going to help things here one bit because it has nothing to do w/ the probs & issues you're having. See how much you can bear the cosmopolitan culture. If it really gets too unbearable, it's time to move on. Staying on and criticising it won't help anybody. Having said that...

For the longer run, it will help if you can identify what kind of place you wanna live in (whether it' New Zealand or Kullu Manali etc). And pick up a few manual (vocational) skills which are popular in the place u want to move into.

People thought I was an insane lunatic when I moved from Los Angeles to semi urban Kerela in India. But it had to be done + it was and now, at least my sanity is intact, by and large.

In the shorter run, to clean your mind, learning yoga or a martial art is a better course of action than say, doing a traditional gym routine....

Last edited:
naga_sadu, you are one member on this board(not the only one but one) that I truly and whole heartedly respect. You are right on every account. I wish it was as easy as pulling up and leaving the city. My dream is to live in a cabin somewhere and just live and be self sufficient. I do not understand why every other animal in the world just LIVES, but we have made our existence so damn complicated. I cannot leave my sister though, she is the only thing keeping me sane...keeping me alive. If it wasn't for her and the thought of her mourning me I prolly wouldn't be in this plane of existence anymore. I currently live with my sister and she is my rock. I need to give this job a chance I guess, only been working it a month and a half and before that I was unemployed for almost a year...so big change, it is just so stressful and no it is not what I want to be doing. I took this job so I wouldnt have to move away(with my mom). I dunno I am just rambling right now, but I love you all you are all great people and I am glad I have you to talk to and get advice from, thank you icmag.

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I think you seem very thoughtful, unselfish and well grounded. We all feel a little "lost" from time to time.
Search your soul through meditation and lucid dreaming. Sometimes we need to "learn to be still" to find our path.

Sending you loving and caring vibes

pieceofmyheart said:
I think you seem very thoughtful, unselfish and well grounded. We all feel a little "lost" from time to time.
Search your soul through meditation and lucid dreaming. Sometimes we need to "learn to be still" to find our path.

Sending you loving and caring vibes

Thank you, you are another member I have nothing but love and respect for. Do you have any specific meditations you could point me towards, as for lucid dreaming I am capable of it but it is usually triggered by specific things happening in dreams(such as my teeth shattering or falling out, I always lucid dream at this point).

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I can sit and become deeply entranced very quickly, I have just learned what works for me. But when I first started meditating, I would get a comfy spot, very quiet and totally relax my body. I would only think of that. As I got more relaxed, worries seemed to slip away and didn't seem so important when I didnt give them that importance, that make sense?

As far as searching your soul, it just comes to me when I am in a meditative state. Whatever I have been working on in my head just becomes more clear, and so does the path that I want to take.

I also find that I just plain like myself better when I do this often. It helps get rid of that little voice in your head that questions your life and motives. The doubts and the guilt seem to pass and then my path and my true feelings come into the light.

G

So your depressed right? Well doing 'delics weekly is why. Dont ask why! It just is...