What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US gov uses 'Slim Shady' to torture prisoners!

BabyHughie

:biglaugh:

I just heard this on ABC news. Ill try to find a link. They played the emenim track 'real slim shady' to 'break the prisoners spirits'. LMAO :D

The detainees were also forced to listen to rap artist Eminem's "Slim Shady" album. The music was so foreign to them it made them frantic, sources said.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Investigation/story?id=1322866

:biglaugh:

I can relate to the prisoners I would go frantic too. :yoinks:

PS its not torture its interogation. :joint:

Last edited:
J

Jam Master Jaco

Jesus, I wonder if there's something so foreign to me that it would make me go frantic...a French group that plays redneck country music perhaps :chin:

I'd love to see a video with sound of these dudes freaking out, that'd be classic.

naga_sadu

I read in our newspapers not too long back that they played Bruce Springsteen for torture in Guantanamo Base.

Well, I just hope that they don't start using boy bands for torture in the near future...

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
that shit would break my spirit for sure.

NO! PLEASE! no more goddamn wigger music! I'll tell you ANYTHING!

BabyHughie

LOL if it was any post 'load' metalica then that would be some effective torture :joint:

A video of Saddam freaking out to a loop of 'real slim shady' would be priceless tho. :D

bigjayworks

Slim is a good rapper if you know anything about rap.. i guess his choruses thow that are weird, woud sound F***INg anoying if it iwas in another language.. ahaha

BabyHughie

Slim is a good rapper if you know anything about rap..

I might know a little somethin somethin about 'rap'. Might have bought a cd or two maybe been to a show once :wink: This is how I would make your statment truth...

Slim is complete garbage thats marketed towards white suburban teenagers if you know anything about rap.

:biglaugh: Im just fucking around don't mind me. You pulled out the 'hip hop card' and all bets were off. :D

'Anyman' on the rawkus record album Soundbombing 2 is a dope track tho. Solid album for that matter. Too bad about rawkus they looked so promising, but that ones a long story. :joint:

PS

YALL DONT, WANT TO FUCK WITH HUGHIE!!!! CUZ HUGHIE, WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!!

:D

PPS if your a hip hop guy check out our little thread we have. Top link in my sig. :joint:

G

the torture element, needless to say, comes from the repetition

has been on the news here that they were using this kind of stuff at Guantanamo Bay

personally, I don't doubt this kind of thing happens
an oldster I know worked on the MK Ultra projects back in the 50s and 60 and worked to a fairly "Avengers" remit
in his words: "the CIA are clowns"
and nasty ones at that

I don't doubt that what goes down at Guantanamo is both brutal and ludicrous - but then that's the powers-that-be in the States all over

Namkha

p.s. I guess I must have a low threshold, as all it takes for me is a morning of commercial radio and I am about ready to snap

Last edited:
G

I bet that would be the funniest music video ever... But really. I love Eminem. :redface:

G

Iraq 'n' roll

Iraq 'n' roll

I remember blasting Noriega out at the time with Metallica and AC/DC. I believe this was where most people first heard of it...but according to the article they've been rockin' the enemy since Bible times...

http://sptimes.com/2004/11/21/Floridian/Iraq__n__roll.shtml

Accident or assault

Military experts agree about the historic use of music to pump up the troops. But stories differ about the origins of its use as a weapon.

In December 1989, while Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega was holed up in the Vatican Embassy in Panama City, U.S. soldiers shot heavy metal music at his compound 'round the clock. Some say the songs were set off to muffle negotiations between the general and his adversaries - a "music barrier" against eavesdropping reporters.

Others say the music was played to perk up the Marines. That it annoyed the general was at first a bonus. Then a breakthrough.

"I always heard that some soldier got tired of listening to the same stuff, so he popped in an AC/DC tape and turned it up loud," said Abel, the Army spokesman at Fort Bragg. "Then Noriega commented that the rock 'n' roll was bothering him. Once the guys found that out, they cranked it up even more."

Led Zeppelin. Jimi Hendrix. "Anything weird or kind of strange," Abel said. "Howling laughter. Cackling cries."

Aaah aaah aaaaah ah! Aaah aaah aaaaah ah!

Come We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands . . .

"Since the Noriega incident, you've been seeing an increased use of loudspeakers," Abel said. "The Army has invested a lot of money into getting speakers that are smaller and more durable, so the men can carry them on their backs."

Under pressure, Abel estimated that 30 loudspeakers swooped into Fallujah this month - bolted to gun turrets, strapped to soldiers. Speakers on the Humvees can pump Metallica's sledgehammer riffs across miles, he said.

Exit, light

Enter, night

Take my hand

We're off to never-never land . . .

The Army doesn't issue an official list of songs to play during an attack, Abel said. "These guys have their own mini disc players, with their own music, plus hundreds of downloaded sounds. It's kind of a personal preference how they choose the songs," he said.

"We've got very young guys making these decisions."

Even toddlers are contributing to the torture.

Child's play

It shouldn't have taken the Army this long to discover it. Anyone who's had a preschooler knows the pain: sing-songy, cotton-colored puppets crooning over and over again about happy, joyful things.

Dancing, smiling puppets. So pleased you tuned in. You can't tune them out. Then your little one joins in, even during commercials. Incessant. Mind-numbing. An agonizing infliction of unbearable assault.

Reruns were bad enough. Now with videos, the rewinds never stop.

Once Barney gets going, there is no escape.

"Uncooperative prisoners are being exposed for prolonged periods to tracks by rock group Metallica and music from children's TV programmes Sesame Street and Barney in the hope of making them talk," the BBC reported in May 2003. "However, Amnesty International said such tactics may constitute torture."

I love you

You love me

We're a happy family

With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you

Won't you say you love me too!

Repeated often enough, the melody has been known to make even burly, bearded men break.

"Trust me, it works," the BBC quoted an unidentified U.S. operative as attesting. "In training, they forced me to listen to the Barney I Love You song for 45 minutes. I never want to go through that again."

Metallica's music is as effective at making prisoners snap as it is at flushing out insurgents.

"If you play it for 24 hours, your brain and body functions start to slide, your train of thought slows down and your will is broken," Sgt. Mark Hadsell told Newsweek in May 2003. "That's when we come in and talk to them."

James Hetfield, who co-founded Metallica, said the military hadn't asked his permission or paid him royalties to blast his band's music in Iraq. But he's proud, he said, that his tunes are culturally offensive to the Iraqis. "For me, the lyrics are a form of expression, a freedom to express my insanity," Hetfield told radio host Terry Gross last week. "If the Iraqis aren't used to freedom, then I'm glad to be part of their exposure."

He laughed about the music being torture. "We've been punishing our parents, our wives, our loved ones with this music forever," he said on National Public Radio's Fresh Air. "Why should the Iraqis be any different?"

Then Hetfield grew serious. He paused for a moment, then said, "But I really know the reason. It's the relentlessness of the music. It's completely relentless. ... If I listened to a death metal band for 12 hours in a row, I'd go insane, too. I'd tell you anything you wanted to know."

So the priests blew the trumpets. As soon as the men heard it, they gave a loud shout, and the walls collapsed. Then all the army went straight up the hill into the city and captured it. With their swords, they killed everyone in the city, men and women, young and old. They also killed the cattle, sheep, and donkeys. - Joshua 6:20-21

M

Mr. Nevermind

Yeah they also play the south park movie to saddam , i think just to piss him off. Which i dont agree with at all. I like how Bush yesterday called them "procedures' which translated means torture. the shit that goes on at Guantonemo bay we should be ashamed of. we make excuses why we do the things we do , to keep america safe. Just like in WWII how we put japanesse in camps. terrorists are winning becuase we are loosing or freedoms and also we are torturing people which is against geneva convention. Push is sworn to uphold constitution, yet violates it all the time. I find it funnny they tried to impeach Clinton over a BJ while push lied and got 2600 of our boys killed and noone does a thing

Nevermind

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Are you sure it was slim shady? I heard it was greg brady and the return of johnny bravo.

bravo99.GIF

pzJTBCH0001.jpg

I agree about the boy bands thing. I can't listen to one fucking second of that bullshit.

The Eminem thing is funny too. I'd go crazy after awhile.

I would love to see the troops driving around blasting Zeppelin and Hendrix.

G

they did it w/ whitney houston before ..i dont recall the details "I will alwyas love" u ...or sum shit like that.

I'll take "eminem torture" all day long if I dont have ta listen to stupid peoples bullshit if I was locked up. (wouldent really be torture to me...because I like em' and i like watching people react when the obv. dont like him...thats funny shit)

Latest posts

Latest posts