What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

chich and chong

G

CHeech sold out! tommy got busted for selling bongs on the internet, he's out of prison now, that would be cool if they made movies in their old style!

G

They are cannabis heroes in my opinion, yea it wouldn't be the same

G

All good things have to come to an end. It's what makes those movies classics(depending on who you ask), and hopefully that huge rolling paper my dad still has from the Big Bambu album will be worth something.

Blackstone

gmb said:
All good things have to come to an end. It's what makes those movies classics(depending on who you ask), and hopefully that huge rolling paper my dad still has from the Big Bambu album will be worth something.
My friend used that paper and I was there to smoke the QP joint which resulted. Boston Hempfest, 19ninetysomething..... :joint:

kurlyq2g

i have been lucky enought to use one of the special Cheech&Chong papers as well

it was a few years back and we got 3 and a quarter Os of some sweet sweet humboldt grass into it... hot damn that was a crazy night

G

Always wanted to use it, but I figured I'd keep it around. Besides, I've never had enough to spare a few Os for it

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
have any of you watched that cheech movie called........ Born in east la?
Some funny shit! everybody's got to see it.

cheech & chong movies are great but i aggree w/ minds_I...... they(new cheech and chong movies) would'nt be the same........

peace!

mm

XxJ03YxX

Great movies. Haven't seen em all, but up and smoke and still smoking were fucking hilarious.

But, yea, agreed with Minds_I, just wouldn't be the same..

Anyone catch beerfest? If they make Postfest, its gonna be amazing. But something tell's me its kind of a joke. Idk, to good to be true. ;)

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah the cheech and chongs are classic. though I'm really disappointed in both of them.

they both got so tired of being cheech and chong they didn't want anything to do with pot movies or pot period.

but fuck that! who is their base? who got them where they are? without what their fans supported they wouldn't be shit.

and I can tell neither of them smoke anymore because they haven't come up with new material in thirty years. maybe if they were tokin they'd come up with something.

the premise of the new movie was funny. DARE counselors that actually smoke and sell weed at school. but the bottom line is its easy to come up with an idea for a movie and alot more difficult to write it. and neither of them can write anymore. seen cheech on carlos mencia doing the EXACT same comedy routine he did in '79. and I've seen chong do the same thing, and his new jokes just weren't funny at all.

and there are still millions of funny pot jokes. harold and kumar had me pissing myself laughing. but I don't think cheech and chong can do it anymore. but they had their day.

its best to let it out on a high note. whats TRULY sad is when people force shit that has been over for years.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Probably the same reason this guy isnt making movies anymore either. [ no, not from shooting roids into your face on a bad hair day. ]

carrot-top-pictures1.jpg

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Motaco, the days of cheech and chong are gone- there is no contempory connection between the 70's and the 00's. They would not translate well I think- except tot he older stoner demographic that still hold ties to the 70's (yeah right, I hear you laughing in the corner). Which incidently is the primary driving econmonic demographic (40-55 yo) at the moment.

And Carrot top was never funny.

Verite- everybody knows the baby will have issues with the grip safety anyway. Babies love to play with guns.

minds_I