What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is it?

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Laxpunker said:
He didn't just mess with natural plants. And while I don't know of any links that aren't biased towards LSD (I'm not knocking the drug, it's fun in moderation) if you've ever hung out with someone who dived too heavily into the drug culture that are clearly changed by the experiences. Changes brought on by heavy drug use tend to involve memory loss, a lack of understanding of true reality, etc. etc.

To my knowledge he didn't really advocate the use of LSD as he thought it was devoid of the personality that mushrooms and DMT were so full of...
Just remeber that 'crazy' is a label that our culture puts on anyone with a differing view on reality than the norm.
Also, what exactly is 'true reality'? After all, reality is subjective...

Laxpunker said:
Not to mention 'novelty' so to speak doesn't occur in natural units which is a main point Mckenna attempts to make.

You're saying that change doesn't exist if it doesn't occur in the base units like atoms? You can't deny that change has been an ever increasing element in the make-up of our universe since its very beginning...first there was only a plasma of pure energy, then there were atoms, then molecules, then compounds, then single cell life, miltiple cellular life etc. going on to the evolution of species and then the evolution of society...we must be heading for a huge change.

Laxpunker said:
And while his theory about the human mind evolving from eating psilocybin i can't seem to find any records of it existing 15,000 years ago which is around the time period he was talking about.

The mushroom sculptures and paintings found from thousands of years ago is what makes me believe this is true...there are numerous paitnings of men with mushrooms sprouting from their bodies and mushroom men from ancient cultures that lead me to believe that they are something very special in our emergance from the animal kingdom.

Laxpunker said:
I really mean no offense by my arguments, I enjoy a good discussion.

No offence taken man, I respect your opinion on this.

Laxpunker said:
I really don't know what the world has to offer, that alone should keep any one going. The sheer fact that at any time in your life there is no certainty, there are no boundaries determining what you can acheive.

We are on the same level. The only boundaries are the ones you put up yourself.
I suppose i'm just a little more fucked up than most...

Last edited:

Laxpunker

Oh I wasn't disputing mushrooms existed back then, however psilocybin mushrooms are a different matter. My main argument is that if mushrooms that grow on shit weren't prevalent back then, then following the herd and eating the mushrooms that sprouted off their feces couldn't have happened. Though other mushrooms could probably induce the same effects, Amanita mushrooms have been around for thousands of years I do believe...though after eating some of those I don't know as if I'd do it again. It's small holes like that in any theory that are a major gripe with me. I mean if A+B=C but B didn't actually exist how do you explain C?

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
I'm not saying it's foolproof, I'm saying it's as good as the theory of evolution if not better...after all that's just a theory too right?

To me though, when I take mushrooms it feels 'right', just sort of like it should be...and all my friends have picked up on this also...there's something about mushrooms that played a very big part in our history wether you care to acknowledge it or not...you can't deny it.

Laxpunker

WhenYes the theory of evolution is flawed several times over, I'll give you that one. However it is the most scientifically backed theory to date, so I'm gonna stick with it until scientists prove otherwise (or God comes down from the sky whatever comes first). I will give you the plausibility, when viewed not so much as a theory but merely a suggestion his idea does have some merit. I don't know what I would do if I was tripping but did not have the means to communicate what I was experiencing.

G

i'm so high right now. thats all i know. its a natural high, mixed in with a smidget of eaten cannabis... okay back to the regular scheduled programming.

G

I'd love to get spiritual with you guys, and I understnad where you're coming from, but
you know what keeps me going? Bills, retirement, my son, mine and my wife's well being. You can't go far without stuff like that. I even moved to the islands to take more stress off of the whole 9 to 5 routine. But even here, bro, it's like that, just not as pronounced. Speaking of all of this capitalism which I'm just fine with to a certain extent..I eventually plan on opening my own coffee shop(no..starbucks won't shut us down...it makes too much money to have interest here), eventually just own it and not have to do hands on work, grow/breed some great pacific herb on our land, and enjoy the island. That idea/dream gets me by, aswell.