What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

tooth pulled need to smoke and can't

My mouth hurts, I broke a tooth and had to have it pulled. Now my mouth hurts and I can't use my dried and ready AK-47 for about a week :badday:

I was stupid, :pointlaug well not stupid just poor and couldn't afford a crown for my root canal I got last year and it broke I thought about making up some brownies.. but that would use up alot of what little I have left..

anyone else out there had this happen or something like this??

Laxpunker

Well back when I got my wisdom teeth I smoked. The only concerns you have to take note of are keeping open wounds clean (which is why they say don't smoke) and not to pull open any wounds by coughing hard.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I had a wisdom tooth pulled a couple of years ago. The dentist dislocated my jaw during the procedure and it promptly locked shut. But I was smoking from the moment I got home. Not sure why you cant smoke to be honest.

E

easyrasta

blaze away
cover the wound with gauze
use mouth wash after
peace :rasta:
ez

I have had oral surgery 3 times and I always smoke as soon as I get home. I put a cotton ball over the hole where the tooth was and smoke it up. I have never had a dry socket or any other problem.

If ever there was a time you need your medicine its now. :joint:

G

guest123

i agree ,, pulled tooth never stopped me toking ,, just harder to get mouth around the bong .. lol ...

Nikijad4210

Veteran
At the rate my top and bottom right molars are falling apart, by the time I have dental insurance in a few months, they'll probably have to be pulled entirely. The hole in the upper is a hell of a lot bigger than the bottom, but they're both pretty fuckin' big. Oddly, I brush, floss and rinse twice daily (you never do get used to Listerine....nasty shit..) Go figure, you take care of your teeth to avoid having dental work done, and you still end up crusing down that road.

Oh, and I will have my green meds for that, no way in hell am I taking painkillers again, I'd rather suffer.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I always wait till I'm outside the dentist office before I light up after oral surgery. The cigar that is, I wait till I get home for the joint.
H

Thanks for all who responded.. A friend had the dry socket and was told it was worse then actually having it pulled.. I'll probably wait at least 48 hrs, and when I do I'll make sure it's covered
thanks for that comment (cover it)I was being stupid again.. appreciate all the advice thanks

Sleepy

Veteran
ouch!

ouch!

luckily, i have never had a tooth pulled.

how did you do?

when will they ever develop a better way to xray teeth?

those bite-wing films are horrible! :badday:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
my tooth was pulled last week. i had no problems smoking. i rolled a big one right outside the dentists office.

Stoned silly... "Remember spit don't swallow "...
I'm a guy and I prefer to lick and swallow all her nector.. LOL :woohoo:
:badday: but right now... my mouth doesn't feel good enough to do that.. so were stuck at the

68 she does me and I owe her one LOL

pieceofmyheart , thanks for the advice.. it just confirms what everyone has told me.. and I'll take your advice to heart

My mouth is feeling okay now.... but still just a little sore.. but it hasn't been 24 hrs yet.. hopefully the worst is over.. but I'm still going to wait at least 48 hrs before :joint:

sorry sleepy.. didn't see pg 2,

I did okay.. they pumped enough numbing agent there that for over 4 hrs after it was pulled my mouth was still numb.. just comming out at 4 hrs.. then took the viacadin, and that works well also.. LOL

lmao

i love the mammogram!!

while I'm messed up on the pain killers.. I thought for halloween that would be a funny halloween costume..
the mammogram machine.. LOL

thanks all

Last edited:
G

ack,. im a smoker, plus MJ, and I didnt smoke for 48 hrs.. i had 6 broken teeth/molars removed at once, and one fake tooth put in my front top.. due to my hard drug abuse in the past, its like a cleansing, to get rid of the bad memories i guess, plus i like to smile...
they were just stumps, my gums almost grew overtop before i could afford the surgery..

i didnt quit smoking or smoking mj, lol
i just toko a 2-3 day break