What's new

Are you a better person because of marijuana?

bongoman

Joan Bello wrote the foreword in Cannabible 2, claiming that cannabis can make you a better person.

I agree with this sentiment but also believe that not every toker is necessarily a better person 'cause of pot. Some of us get stuck in habitual use, and it can deaden our spirits if used excessively.

I've been smoking on and off for 20 years - sometimes I haven't smoked for a couple of years in that period, othertimes regularly for long periods. Especially in my 20's travelling through India, Pakistan, Thailand, Cambodia - those were the days! LOL.

So cannabis comes and goes in my life.

At present, it is something I'm enjoying regularly again after a small personal grow.

For me, with 2 young kids and the demands that that involves, I find cannabis to be an amazing de-stresser - it snaps me out of any negative, frustrated, stressed feelings and I become a reasonable person, and one that is far nicer to be around.

I relate to my young kids better and see though the crap that can fill your head when you are too busy. It gets me back in touch with myself, my body and my breath and I feel more human. it reminds me that life is happening right now and not to miss the small details.

Pot for me is not about getting out of it. I have no medical use for it but just find it to be this amazing, special herb that literally makes me a better person.

The trick I suppose is to take some of the lessons of marijuana and use them in daily life, not just rely on getting high to be a better person, but rather letting pot teach what inner attitude one should maintain - a mindful, aware state in which negative emotions and feelings don't take over your head.

Are you a better person because marijuana plays a part in your life?

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I think so, not only does it help a lot of people with anxiety and depression, but also I think that people that smoke marijuana are generally more down to earth, easy to get along with, and open minded. Obviously a lot were open minded before they smoked weed, but I think it generally makes you see the world in a different light, for the better. Or maybe I'm just high :chin: :joint:

BoB91

I totally agree with both of you but I do believe that both of you were high when you wrote those.LOL :wave: :D

Hex

Me personally? Yes it makes me a far better person i completley agree with the stress relief benefits (and stress can cause serious problems indeed) but it also changes the way i react to situations and generally i opt for the more peaceful solution the only negative is that it just makes me very hard to get motivated (having said that once i get going i go go so thats sound lol completely lost the plot now so err whey! enjoy yaselves im off for another joint lol :wave: :joint: :woohoo:

I think that it does. I was never violent (only when necessary), but I'd let things really get to me and build up over time and I'd feel like snapping. When I smoke regularly, I don't get these feelings anymore. These feelings are now gone even when sober. I'm much more peaceful, intuitive, caring, more clear-headed, etc. Herb does tons of stuff for me. You just gotta make sure that you're smoking good herb so that you know what sort of feelings to expect and which strain to smoke to alleviate what 'ailment'. Because if you're smoking for anxiety and you get a hold of some Original Haze, just say 'no' :-D

Ahh fuck it, it's O Haze, get it anyway :p

Laxpunker

I've long forgotten what I was like before marijuana. So yes?

No, seriously weed is a life saver. It sounds stupid, but it gave me something to aim for. I was out on my own at 15, and while I was bouncing around friends couches (even walked half way across the country...dont do it) I finally discovered the magical weed. After awhile I decided all I wanted in life was to not have to worry about paying for a bag. While that goal was short lived it did give me direction. It got me into the marines, which got me a degree, which got me a family, which got me a business. And might I add, I haven't had to worry about scoring a bag for quite some time.

I'm a much cooler person now. Weed has made me realize how much cooler I am than other people who dont smoke. I walk around with a popped collar and backwards visor.

G

When i was in my late teens i was doing a lot of drinking and taking e's snd getting into a fair bit of trouble including a court apperence for assault of a police officer and other stupid drunkin things. I started smokin weed when i was 21 and have not been in troouble from then i am a lot calmer now and i dont really drink that much anymore i would rather spend a nite and home with my wife and a nice bag of weed than drinking at the bar with the boys. So yea i would say it made me a better person the least it did was make release that i was on a fast path to nowhere.

G

Silver Bullet - LOL.

At times I used to think marijuana helped me be a better person. I think in general it does kinda chill you out, so your less apt to get aggressive, or be as egotistical...and maybe be able to pay attention to another person more.

But I think it does have to do with who you are to begin with.

M

Mr. Nevermind

I think i am a good person with or without Marijuana. MJ doesnt make me a different person than i already am. I think i am better using MJ than if i used alcohol. But i think the same way sober as i do high. I know if i dont have MJ i am still a good person

Nevermind

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I haven't smoked in a few days and I'll have to say i'm ready to punch a hole in the wall. Not because I'm not stoned. But because I need that STRESS RELIEF. And because I'm drunk. Alochol is so good but so shitty at the same time....

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Holdin' said:
I haven't smoked in a few days and I'll have to say i'm ready to punch a hole in the wall. Not because I'm not stoned. But because I need that STRESS RELIEF. And because I'm drunk. Alochol is so good but so shitty at the same time....

I know what you mean man, I really do. Get some herb dear.

C

Chamba

I'm definitely a better person because of cannabis (over 35 years of mostly constant use of ganja)

they call it the "kind" ..which is what it does to me......I rarely get the urge to give some deserving goose a knuckle sandwich when high...and it's the opposite when I'm not

cannabis = creativity!

I am far more creative, inventive and into thinking up new ideas when I'm high

but it's a doseage thing...too much and the creativity is scattered or dimmed, too little and it's not there..but just the right amount of sativa and I'll be sketching new ideas, designs like MacGyver Einstien

but there have been times in the past where i regret having plants in house..for example the resisting the urge to knock some sense into a wife bashing asshole i saw downstairs from my house one time.....this guy was way outta line, had his gf or wife by the throat up against a wall, shouting at her.....so all I did was yell out from the 3rd floor balcony "hey dick head, yeah you tough guy...what the fuck do you think doing? then to his gf " leave him, he's a piece of shit, he's not worth it" when what I should of done was walk downstairs and give him a slap to knock some sense into him but couldn't because that might of meant cops knocking on my door asking questions....

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
i have a split personality, 1 when i'm high and 1 when i'm not....2 totally different people sometimes.

C

Chamba

but I guess I did some good cos he stopped throttling her and turned his attention to me by ringing up all his mates on his mobi while yelling at me to come down and see how tough I was ..lol...I laughed at him, called him a wanker, told her to find herself a real man and went inside and rolled a spliff.

Latest posts

Latest posts