What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixing different types of weed together to smoke

squatty

Aloha, I hope this is a relevant location for my question.

I am interested in any experiences or recommendations people may have with mixing two or more types of weed together when smoking or vaporizing.
I'm experimenting with combining say, a bit of indica with a bit of sativa in a bong load.

Anything that stands out in your experience? Enjoyable pursuit or a waste of good weed.

So far I've had some wonderful combinations and wonder what others have to say. Thanks.

idiit

Veteran
cocktails.

in earlier cannabis cups the judges used to say they were anxious for the contest to be over so they could concoct cocktails and smoke them instead of "mono bowls".

most extreme high I experienced was nevil's nl1 50/50 with nevil's skunk.

kin_dawg

I cant say its waste of good weed but I'm a purist at heart I like to get used to a particular toke and enjoy it for what it is but i know ppl who enjoy a 'fruit salad'. I got a lot of sour bubble X haze around which can take you for a good ride on both sides of the spectrum. Smoking 4 hours before work can still leave me a lil too melted for comfort. But I say each to his own.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i suppose it depends on the strains. whenever i've mixed a buncha weeds together and smoke em at once or together either one high is overpowering everything else, or it just turns into a dull stupefying type of high where it's kinda just annoying.

M

meowmeowmeow

Meow.......

One of my favorite cocktails is Banana Kush and Sour Diesel.
A real good combo for a nice heady, but functional pairing.
Sweet dank smoke. :joint:

corky1968

Veteran
I've mixed weed and hashish together in a double paper joints.

That's a party right there when you have 5 pre-rolled like I did then.

I tried to chain smoke them alone.

But by the 4th one I though I was going to die. LOLZ

:laughing:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything that stands out in your experience? Enjoyable pursuit or a waste of good weed.
Definitely a great experience! Had a pre-rolled in Zandvoort, NL and was tripping for quite a while. It was a mixture of several.

In my own grow experience I like to combine a few auto selections together...tasty! However, it's like a box of chocolates growing several autos....for whatever reason...creativity, social, reducing pain.

St. Phatty

I always alternate between different strains. One bowl of Purple Trainwreck-ish, then a bowl of Sage & Sour-ish.

Smoking is practically a religious ritual. Everybody has their own way of doing it.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
This is a touchy realm, some strains compliment one another where others can cancel each other out, specially in the flavor department. So it's gonna give wildly different outcomes ranging from ruined both nugs to damn puts both strains to shame when mixed. It's luck of the draw really, some strains and flavors work well together others just don't get along.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've heard it referred to as "ArmChair Breeding"

Simple way to determine what percentage of each mother plant genetics you want. It's one thing to say you want to cross Sour Diesel and Chocolope Bunny, create a Chocolate Dieselope or something but,

What percentage of each strain makes the best hitting terpene profile though? Mixing in various amounts in a joint or bowl is a pretty decent way to tell what you'll get. ;)

Douglas

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran

Simple way to determine what percentage of each mother plant genetics you want. It's one thing to say you want to cross Sour Diesel and Chocolope Bunny, create a Chocolate Dieselope or something but,

What percentage of each strain makes the best hitting terpene profile though? Mixing in various amounts in a joint or bowl is a pretty decent way to tell what you'll get. ;)

Douglas

Real breeders often spend years isolating certain expressions which is why you can expect to find what your looking for in a 10 pack. But pollen chuckers just produce wildly diverse gene pools and you end up having to crack 100's to find what was intended. So IMO its not so cut and dry as to well if you mix these nugs together that will give you a good idea of what you will get when you cross them together NOT AT ALL TRUE TO MY EXPERIENCE. To each their own!!!:tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
. So IMO its not so cut and dry as to well if you mix these nugs together that will give you a good idea of what you will get when you cross them together NOT AT ALL TRUE TO MY EXPERIENCE. To each their own!!!:tiphat:
I'll take your word over some random post I read on the net years ago. I should have mentioned that I have no experience with it, not suggested it as an actual 'method'

Appreciate you catching that. :)

Douglas

St. Phatty

In one of the High Times cannabis cups many years ago, the writer described mixing 18 different kinds of weed together in one joint (basically the entire judging kit), and then walking around town/ standing in line afterwards.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Back in the day we called mixing weeds together "making a salad".

PoweredByLove

Most Loved

Douglas

that's not how it spreads...

picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I'll take your word over some random post I read on the net years ago. I should have mentioned that I have no experience with it, not suggested it as an actual 'method'

Appreciate you catching that. :)

Douglas

Good to see humility and self correction on an open forum.

I had to rub my eyes and re read your post.

Very good.

Also, i like a mixed salad of Zamaldelica bubble topping
sam's thunk. Separates the men from the boys, lol

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Salad is still around.

I mix blander THC heavy strains with overpowering sativa or where ever my mind leads me.

Hashes too. Why not? I rarely do the same thing twice without some kind of variation.

WelderDan

Veteran
I have a scuff box that I use when I'm busting up weed to smoke. It has a slide out mirror under the screen to collect the dry sift. After going through a few ounces of 3 or 4 strains there's a big 'ole pile of mixed sift. A big load of that on top of a bowl makes my eyes close uncontrollably after a big hit.

As for making salad, I think it kind of muddies the taste. Unless you have something that smokes good, but tastes blah, then it helps improve the taste. It does help you tailor your buzz tho, if you're into that.

Betterhaff

Veteran
When we mixed flower we'd call it a cocktail. When we mixed flower and hash/resin we'd call it a parfait.

Latest posts

Latest posts