What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Moms

Rooibard

So figured to show a bit whats been going down lately.. Got blessed wiff 5 big mother plants in coco which gave me heads up on cloning projects. They are sitting in 6l pots and fed gh tripack: 5-5-5ml/5l of Mt or RO water. Just before cloning time I switch to more P dominant mix 5-10(mic-blo)/5l. Both pHd and plants r loving it. Still figuring out if the bloom nutes boost the rooting... Im doing clones into 72-slot seedling tray and cutting rockwool slab in there.. I just like rockwool the best and most reliable.. 72 tray gets a bit busy but its the only way to fill in my shelves; it will be 2 shelves for clones, each holding 4 x 72 trays. Im planning on running that wiff +-20 or so mothers.

Strains Im running atm
Cheese
Chocolope
Casey Jones x Green Manalitchi
K.O. Kush
OG Kush
Ms. Universe
Deep Purple

Roots are of CJxGM, bigger moms OG and on hanging pot is my pest control Nephentes pither plant.

Would love to get more take from u guys on feeding regimes for coco moms. Also when to transplant those new ones into bigger pots; do u think roots like that r ready or let them fill a bit more? And of course feel free to post ur pics of those clone pumping machines!

Peace

Rooibard

Took sum og clones today; 49 all together of the two moms

Keen 2 c how the bloom nutes help on rooting time... Was alot of cleaning to do on all the moms so gave these 2 nice mix of veg nutes.. They also lacking light which will b fixed soon. Got extra 5ft fitting and waiting for 6ft tubes to arrive.. Got sisalation as well to be fitted on walls and ceiling..

Peace

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well this works well for me..,. I feedem 6/9 diamond nectar n calmag regularly but occasionally i hittem with extra n ill mix 7.5-5-2.5 and a few other things, b-vitamin maybe some silica ... keep in mind this is on monster veg plants...

Rooibard

Thx for the tips bro! That ratio is per gallon right? I got silica lying around, just been busy times and been lazy to play around wiff silica as my mix comes out pH 6.1-6.2..
Yeah they seem to love all the care and a lot of nutes.. I was thinking after I get my clone number up and steady just flower oldest moms for personal smoke in vert setup. This requires rest of the moms to b bushy obviously at that stage which got me thinking of air layers to establish moms... Guys r rocking them what I see from other threads!
This would b a nice way for limited plant counts on med states: cpl mothers for clones->unrooted ones directly to dispensaries and flower just older moms?

Peace

Rooibard

Did a bit of re-organizing in the room and got rid of all the crap that girlz were sitting on. Now left side floros r hanging off yoyos and all smaller ones r there now close to light. Also added sisalation on the back wall and bottom of shelf above.. Still gotta staple it proper and straighten it.. Next thing is to add 5ft floros in front section so that bigger moms get decent enuff light from diff angles.
Pulled me head of me arse as well and added silicone to me feeding as well now..
Once the extra light is on then gotta focus on hooking ventilation on as well and got the 4" inline fan waiting to serve.

Peace

Rooibard

What do u guys think; how often should I flush the media to counter salt build up? Feeding once/day till bit of run off and pots never get light so staying moist all the time.. EC 1.7 on last feed; think thats about max Im even gonna try to give em...

Peace

John.Snow

IMO your EC is too high - this is what will cause buildup. I never "flush" my mothers. I just make sure I get a little runoff at least once a week or so. Never have any kind of deficiency/burning.

Here's what I feed my mothers (1x/day):
CaMg - 3ml
Silica - 3ml
Gro - 2ml
Micro - 2ml
Bloom - 2ml
400-500ppm (.8-1.0ec) / 5.8-6.2pH

Last edited:

Rooibard

Thanks bro that makes sense! Do u monitor ur runoff ever or is the feed just enough that they suckit all up?
I ended up flushing yday which probs is the right thing to do after such strong feed and now on will lower the feed a lot.
Do u give cal/mag becuz u on RO water?

Peace

John.Snow

Thanks bro that makes sense! Do u monitor ur runoff ever or is the feed just enough that they suckit all up?
I ended up flushing yday which probs is the right thing to do after such strong feed and now on will lower the feed a lot.
Do u give cal/mag becuz u on RO water?

Peace

No, I never check my runoff - listen to your plants instead! Yes, I'm using RO (0ppm) water.

Also, I add GreatWhite and a little blackstrap molasses to my feed every few days.

Rooibard

True words my man! Yeah Im just trying to rule out future problems as much as possible and Im very new to coco. Only done one full run previously but that was wiff bio bloom and fish mix, not salt ferts..
Okay got molasses and love giving it to them on foliars already.. Will add it in for sure! Great white we dont have on shelfs here only on water ;)

Peace

Rooibard

Been awhile.. Happy new year for all my good ganja ppl!
Last 2 batches of clones went downhill; malfunctioning cooler and heat issues becuz of that called some serious problems.. Lots of wilting and prob over watering of rockwool cubes caused loads of stem rot.. Now things are on check again, temps 24-27°C and RH70% Plants are happy as ever and even the clones Ive been taking past cpl days are praying. Took few new huge clones to make new moms, just hoping they all pull thru making mother count 20+... Aim is dbl asap..
Also sprouted cpl femmed autos in there to make 18/6 a bit more spiced up while we at it.. 2 sensi super skunk and 1 white diesel haze.

Chocope-cheese-cj x gm

More pics next year... If we survive that far;)

Peace

Rooibard

New year survived just barely:dance013:
Temps been steady as well as rh which means I can survive the hottest time of the year with pretty dialed environment.. Havent been watering the rockwool too much either, cpl droopy ones made a nice comeback after slight watering.. Also organized me life in order so now I got time twice a day and spraying them on hottest times which obviously works wonders.

Few pics cpl days ago

Ms Universe

CJxGM in front, cheese in the middle and chocolopes behind..

Moms

Now I started measuring run off ec. Bigger ones that I got gifted have obviously been in their media for quite some time as meter went all the way to max... Cant even remember that reading! The ones that come from my clones have lot less build up. Anyway been giving all of them cpl days now just phd tapwater which after adjusting measures ec 0.2..
Is there any hope with bigger ones by flushing? Younger ones will get normal mild feed as of today again.
Also I think the media got dry during busy and hot days which obviously doesnt help?

Peace

k1k1

Hi,

Here in Europa we have a special Mom nutrient called MAM8 by Metrop .

It's an amazing nutrient for mom with an 20/20/8 NPK with 27% of Kelpak

It promote an healthy plant and lot of vigorous lateral branching ,that create lot of goods clones

The high P value is good to promote rooting and against purple branching that make hard wood.

the growth hormone from Kelpak guard mom in perpetual growth and fight stress.

You can also use this in growth period but be sur to stop 2 week before the Flip otherwise the plants will go into bloom with delay because growth hormones.
For me it's very good for trees but no for Sog or little growth period

It's a 1 part so easy to use , it's labeled 0,3ml/L , personnaly I use 0,5ml/L

I add little cal/mag once a week because this nutrient it's not made for coco specialy.

k1k1

Last edited:

Rooibard

Hmm gotta look into that, thanks for tip! :)
Kelpak we got here actually they make it here.. Kelpak contains cytokinins and auxins... I have used kelpak as normal supplement all the way thru flowering as well and love it! Just been out of stock on it few weeks now and missing it big time!
Ure right about purple stems, got a bit of purple on cpl moms and need to tackle it quick quick!
On other note 2 of the big clones rooted and planted them in coco already. Also 1st ones of the cj x gm started pushing roots thru. So now environment clearly is spot on and no domes needed:)

Peace

k1k1

You are welcome :tiphat:

When I see my moms become purple, I spray here with 0,5ml/L (max) of MAM8 and 3 or 4 days later all will be in the right way.

Also be carefull this nutrient brand is very potent.

Rooibard

Eish bro I dont have enuff space cleared just yet to b up potted.. Once get cloning in check and hit close to 100% then I can justify more than 2x400mh on 18/6.. We shall see soon as took sum clones just now; some to make more mothers in xxl size lol..
Anyhow, heres todays effort

Mothers after shaping

CJxGM

Cheese

Rest of strains to follow tmrw. Temps getting cooler now so confident and sharp with cooler and humidifier. Good way to use the cooler is drop ice into water reservoir which really makes a difference on cooling power.
Next on things to figure is airlayering. My Deep Purple mom gets a guineapigs role and if this goes well will b usefull technique to utilise on bigger clones. Got a few plant yoyos to play with and old faitfull bed frame to cabled tie as previously on vert grow.. Gonna use rockwool around, ringing, plastic wrap, pipe cleaners and what ever find laying around... For watering I found from local shop a bulb syringe; just perfect for accurate watering. Gonna try hit 50+cm monsters for starters..

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts