What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

twins from a single seed?

I recently planted a pack of the ox by rare dankness. One of the seeds has germinated two plants from a single seed. Ive never seen this before, anyone else had it happen? I'll post pics later

there goes edro

Veteran
OG x TD (Skunk) twins

OG x TD (Skunk) twins

My first set of twins from Med Man's OG x TD freebees I popped last month. I enquired around abour twins and was told that typically one twin will droff the other. As you can see from the pics the info I received appears to be on the money. Twins!!!!

toppin

Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=48989&pictureid=1166256&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=48595&pictureid=1156970&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=48595&pictureid=1158019&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

My first set of twins from Med Man's OG x TD freebees I popped last month. I enquired around abour twins and was told that typically one twin will droff the other. As you can see from the pics the info I received appears to be on the money. Twins!!!!

Same here mate. Only ever had it happen once, 1 twin was fine and the other turned out to be a mutant runt.

JuC

has anyone seen a "twin" like this before?

picture.php

first after sprouting there was only one single finger leaf which looked a bit mutant, thought i will kick it in a few days... but then the plant showed two main stems and now grows just like it was topped very early (except that single-finger leaf, it's still there)
haven't seen this anywhere before, did you? :tiphat:

(it's a regular skunk#1 from DP...)

View Image

first after sprouting there was only one single finger leaf which looked a bit mutant, thought i will kick it in a few days... but then the plant showed two main stems and now grows just like it was topped very early (except that single-finger leaf, it's still there)

I have a Blockhead F2 male that did that. perfect symmetry, very interesting plant!

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I'm running TGA Qleaner and had a twin from them, one was about half as big as the larger one. Turns out that one was male and the runt was female. I didn't want to risk killing either after germinating so I just left them together. After pollinating some other plants I chopped the dominant male Qleaner twin and put the female into flowering. She is now about 3 weeks into flower and looks pretty nice, if a bit small. But she was kept under CFL's for almost 2 weeks waiting on the male to mature with the lights being just above the much taller male, so being small is understandable.

LoganKush

View Image

That sure is a lovely weed plant. It seems really healthy and those stems are about the same size to I don't think any of them will wither away.

goodluck on cutting many buds from it. :woohoo:

LEDfoot

My S.A.G.E. seeds were very pregnant. All 14 germinated and 6 seeds were twins. While I debated what to do for a couple days, the dominant sibling stunted the other. [insert botanical term here]

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran

Huh? I would have assumed they would be the same sex. I wonder if its a case of 1 being assigned the male gender role in as a matter of genetic survival?

Cool edro. Thanks for updating :)

there goes edro

Veteran
@ Wildgrow- Yeah, I assumed once the big girl showed sex that I had two ladies but two days ago, surprise! Your theory about genetic survival sounds possible to me.