What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
hawaiin lights sure brings back the memories ,,man that was some strong smelly very resinous shit and the clone was well hoarded and still is , sensi hawaiin indica x sensi nothern lights so i believe ,,the same man also has a superb northern lights and it tastes of vanilla ,again very resinous and strong ,old strains that are easily as good as todays new hybrids
Yeah 3/4 NL and 1/4 Hawaian I was told that as well.superfrosty and a really Fresh smell even when cured. :joint:

G

Ganja baba said:
hey hazy matey , what about my pineapple , uk finest skunk , i know you only got to see the kalishnapple and thought it to be a c99 of some sort ... but you know the responce she gets ... 12 years old now ...

yeah mucker very nice indeed and a huge yielder :headbange

G

Londinium said:
Yeah 3/4 NL and 1/4 Hawaian I was told that as well.superfrosty and a really Fresh smell even when cured. :joint:

i suspect the same clone ,,the man who hoards it is an old hippie who's gotta be 60 now at least ,he had the hawaain and his brother had the northern ,they both had the haze that my haze came from, neither was interested in swapping for cheese ,although they did swap me shiva around 10 years ago for a g ,,,

did brummie have a strain called tiger skunk too ?

hard work trying to remember 20 odd years ago :bashhead: :laughing:

Ganja baba

Veteran
midlands Mind controll aka MC aka kola

midlands Mind controll aka MC aka kola

hazyfontazy said:
yeah mucker very nice indeed and a huge yielder :headbange

all so mindcontrol aka MC or kola is a midlands strain been going around for at least 12 years ... has a very sweet spicy flavour and really really canes your head , i know for sure peeps will chime in about this one as it has it brum and mank .... it mainly going with the name kola , but most is mc

Last edited:

Tokermon

i've hafd the cola/khola. nice bud but not sickeningly good. so can someone tell what this blues stuff actually is? is it a skunk or what?

G

Ganja baba said:
hazy do you know any one with an old bigbud strain at least 10 years old ..?

i did at least 10 years ago lol

,everybody i knew growing grew it ,but it was boring taste and high so soon got disregarded in favour of nicer stuff

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hazeseeker said:
Has anyone got any pics of NL#5xHaze from the 90's Sensi Seed stock?, definately 1 of my favourite strains, i've got another pack for my next grow but heard the earlier seedstock was supposed to be better?PeaceHazeseeker:joint:
Yeah we have the old one,A friend grows nowt else since then! i'll get some pics sorted when his are budding in a few weeks if my Gallery isn't still fooked then. Its deffo my fave Mostly Sativa hybrid strain to this day,reeks of Haze and super cerebreal to the point of keeping me awake when I smoke it at night,so not for the Insomniacs amongst us.
To be honest though a friend has a mum in Brixon from 2005 sensi stock that is pretty damn close,just a little more work getting that Hazey but 12 week pheno.I have a new pack from a few months ago that I'll investigate in the autumn So don't give up on Sensi yet,we kind of owe them for kicking of the UK scene in a big way. No one from US or Canada ever shared or gave me one cut in the late 80's or early 90's(I haven't forgotten) and would have kept them all to themselves in Cali if it weren't for Sam_S,Neville et al. Cali may have the best weed but If they don't share it 'who gives a fuck' I know bundles of US growers with a cheese cut yet how many of us have their 'Elites',not many and we have to grovel for them! No Cannabis originates in US or UK so we are just borrowing all of them if you ask me.
You can't OWN a plant anyhoo! just help it on its way! I share every cut I have,self-bred or Seedbank with at least 3 people without fail and have lost and found a few fave strains that way! It should be treated like Freeware in my opinion, Anyway I'm ranting now so I'm gonna piss off for a smoke! Lovin this thread JBo

:joint:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
i suspect the same clone ,,the man who hoards it is an old hippie who's gotta be 60 now at least ,he had the hawaain and his brother had the northern ,they both had the haze that my haze came from, neither was interested in swapping for cheese ,although they did swap me shiva around 10 years ago for a g ,,,
Bollox I'd love a cut of that, I can still smell it now! oh well I think I might get a few batches of 'Hawaiian Indica' from Sensi and F2 them as we have a pretty fine NL already! Worth a go I reckon. I'm trying to find a good 'Silver pearl' rite now also from a couple of batches as I always loved that in the Early 90's,beautiful flavours!
:rasta:

H

Hazeseeker

Londinium said:
Yeah we have the old one,A friend grows nowt else since then! i'll get some pics sorted when his are budding in a few weeks if my Gallery isn't still fooked then. Its deffo my fave Mostly Sativa hybrid strain to this day,reeks of Haze and super cerebreal to the point of keeping me awake when I smoke it at night,so not for the Insomniacs amongst us.
To be honest though a friend has a mum in Brixon from 2005 sensi stock that is pretty damn close,just a little more work getting that Hazey but 12 week pheno.I have a new pack from a few months ago that I'll investigate in the autumn So don't give up on Sensi yet,we kind of owe them for kicking of the UK scene in a big way. No one from US or Canada ever shared or gave me one cut in the late 80's or early 90's(I haven't forgotten) and would have kept them all to themselves in Cali if it weren't for Sam_S,Neville et al. Cali may have the best weed but If they don't share it 'who gives a fuck' I know bundles of US growers with a cheese cut yet how many of us have their 'Elites',not many and we have to grovel for them! No Cannabis originates in US or UK so we are just borrowing all of them if you ask me.
You can't OWN a plant anyhoo! just help it on its way! I share every cut I have,self-bred or Seedbank with at least 3 people without fail and have lost and found a few fave strains that way! It should be treated like Freeware in my opinion, Anyway I'm ranting now so I'm gonna piss off for a smoke! Lovin this thread JBo

Nice 1 Londinium :headbange , i started an NL#5xHaze pics thread in this section a few weeks ago, it would be awesome to add more pics to that as well, the 1 i finished a couple of weeks ago is dry and gonna be trying it out for the first time tonight, i'm waiting on a mate visiting me later, he's bringing some of his NL#5xHaze he bought to compare to the pheno i have, he said it reeks of baby sick in the jar but it's got a huge, potent kick to it

Peace
Hazeseeker :joint:

lovelightpower

Veteran
nice one for the rant, someone had to say it.

i totally agree with the freeware comparison.

all our strains come from elsewhere,
nice to see what we do with them when we get them though!

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lovelightpower said:
nice one for the rant, someone had to say it.

i totally agree with the freeware comparison.
all our strains come from elsewhere,
nice to see what we do with them when we get them though!

Cheers fella,u r right its 'not what you do but the way that you do it' I just had to stop the rant b4 I started another thread-trashing argument. JBo

G

I remember lots of batches of Thai and African weed, I remember the first Uk grown weed around 95 and it was always just called 'skunk' I first heard of 'superskunk' a year later, until I first went to the Dam and bought my own seeds in late 95, I never had a clue what it was we were smoking, the only indoor growers I knew at the time were really small scale, just lamps in closets. I had a big back garden so grew quite big plants outside and didn't get into indoor gardening until 2003. I had many good conenctions for weed anduse to collect up all the seeds and all the ones my friends found in their bags and try germing literally hundreds every year, they never had good germ rates, 2 out of 10 if you were lucky, and I never had a clue what they were as I wasn't into labelling and such. It wasn't until I discovered the internet that I really talked to anyone else who had much of a clue about genetics and breeding, so I can't be very specific about what we were smoking back in the 90s, and I must add, 75% of what we smoked was hash, some people used to think I was a little strange for liking grass back then.

Yeah, El Yuc sure is a wierd, exotic beast, still can't believe such a wonderful, unique plant came from the most unpromising source, the brown, stalky, dry as hell weed the seeds were picked out of in Mexico certainly was some strong, heady, trippy shit, even though it looked like crap. The other two females weren't that good, they had thesame huge flowers and similar smells and tastes, but they didn't have the density to the buds and the high was a bit less potent and speedy, so I'm so glad I got lucky and had one pheno that ticked all the boxes. She is inspiring and motivating, she doesn't have the dreamy, psychedelic quality of something like the Colombian Gold and Zamalhaze I've been growing the last few years, rather she's more straight-ahead racing, heart-pounding, high-as-fuck, toe-tapping, can't sit still kind of high, more like anphetamines than a trippy sativa, very strange and unique effect, that's for sure, she migth take 14 weeks but the huge yield potential makes up for the extra wait and honestly, you're not gonna find this type of high many other places and certainly not any faster flowering than 14 weeks, so I reckon a few folks who hate waiting a bit loger for a sativa might be willing to give her a spin at some point. I know one guy who surprised me and a friend very much by taking a cut of her and growing her huge in hydro, he vegegd her for quite a few weeks and I warned he she would get absolutely massive, we were surprised cos he's strictly your 8 week chopped and dried kinda guy. He chopepd her at 12 and the sample wasn't as racing and speedy as the stuff I grew so I think that racing, speedy effect builds up towards full maturity. She looks done at 12 weeks for sure, covered in rusty red pistils, but the triches aren't saying ripe until 14 and she does swell a fair bit in those last 2 weeks.

I'd love to be able to hand out clones of her but I live in the arse end of nowhere. I know at least 6 people in other places have the cut, so slowly it will spread. I'll definitely pass on more El Yuc cuts to folks as ad when I get the chance, I plan to visit soem guys down in London village later this year when I have some cash so I'll make sure El Yuc and Purple Afghan hit the capital. El Yuc is already in Wales and is apparently quite popular in cetain parts of Yorshire.

A smoker's meetup this year would be a great way of boosting the circulation of some of these cuts in one fell swoop, I'd certainly be happy to bring along a few cuts.

hazy do you know any one with an old bigbud strain at least 10 years old ..?

I've got F2s of a Big bud that's at least 10 years old if those will be any use, some of them turn purple. It's a good smoke, taste is nothing special but yield is stupendous, chucks a few later flower nanners if stressed in any way, but if you get it dialled in it yields like nothing else and no nanners.

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
I plan to visit soem guys down in London village later this year when I have some cash so I'll make sure El Yuc and Purple Afghan hit the capital.

A smoker's meetup this year would be a great way of boosting the circulation of some of these cuts in one fell swoop, I'd certainly be happy to bring along a few cuts.

Marvellous,spread the love.

Fantastic idea for a meetup mate. I''m deffo up for that. I'm growing out 28 seeds from a 'pot luck' jar of mislabelled,loose seeds from various projects in the early 90's and theres at least 12 different strains in there so far,I've just taking a cut from all the seedlings to put into 12/12 straight away in the propog just to get the cuts to show sex so I can put the males in their own space. I can't be sure of the genetics til they are blooming but I had nothing but quality strains to cross at the time so I have high hopes. From preflower there are 2 deffo males and 5 deffo girls I can tell so far.
Theres a few Sativa looking ones that I think you'd be interested in that could be anything from NL5xH, Silver Haze, Transkei, Pondo, Sk#1,PP,Kali,Malawi,Rooibart,Skelter,Jamaican,Maze etc. I'll try to get some pics up of the little boys and girls to give you an Idea when my gallery is workin again. JBo

lovelightpower

Veteran
a smokers meetup would be great.
i would be up for helping out with something like that.
what area of the country were you thinking of?
if anywheres cool, i could ask around my general area.

G

Anywhere is cool, a countryfied part with few rozzers would be best methinks.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah anywhere is cool by me as long as we all have plenty of notice(actually anywhere except Milton Keynes town I bloody hate it there....no offence to any MKers but you can't make me....I wont go....please!...nooo!..LOL)

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
they also mentioned a strain called lemonade ,,anyone heard of it ?

Sorry Hazy didn't notice that b4! I was smoking something called Lemonade last time maybe 3 years ago with a guy from somewhere in smalltown Midlands(sorry can't remember but he was just friend of a friend visiting) It was pretty nice stuff lemony but different from Citrals I've tried and much stronger body buzz. Reminded me of something called 'Sherbert' I smoked in Portugal for months in '96(can't remember portugeuse name now)that was sposed to be from South coast of England but I've not seen it here since,unfortunately. It was great stuff like Bubblegum x a good Lemon strain and it always made me sneeze as does the LemonLime from Brockley and some Citral I've tried.
Any of you guys have particular sneezing strains? because it wasn't pollen, I think its a small kinda allergy and my doc agreed(she's very openminded)but unfortunately I seem mildly allergic to the citrus types I like lots,its a bummer! Its another reason why I keep Grapefruit Kush around as its well citrus but no sneeze for me.Still at least I'm not allergic to Haze then I'd be really pissed off! Am I mad or is this something u fella's are aware of? JBo
:redface:

Tokermon

Has anyone an idea of what this blues stuff is? some say its an old skunk but i've heard in this thread from elevator man it's a nlxbig bud.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
Anywhere is cool, a countryfied part with few rozzers would be best methinks.

LOL, not just few rozzers but nice ones too !

I am not really joking here, there is a massive difference in how they treat us according to Police area. Glastonbury Festival is in Somerset, there you get really pretty chilled Somerset & Avon fuzz .... but people arriving for the festival who have to come through Gloucestershire have to run a gauntlet of sniffer dogs and searches at every possible opportunity ... likewise, speeding bikers are best to avoid the terriotry of that tramp felching 'tard Brunstrom in N Wales ...... a lot of leeway/targeting is down to the Chief Constable and the local enforcement.

So, Brockwell Park it is then .... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts