Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Re-hydrating cannabis with wet paper placed in a bin with a lid on it.

Thread Title Search
Re-hydrating cannabis with wet paper placed in a bin with a lid on it. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2018, 01:00 AM #1
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Re-hydrating cannabis with wet paper placed in a bin with a lid on it.

What are you thoughts on this topic?

How will it effect the taste?
How will it smoke once rehydrated?
Will it get moldy?
Would it have been better to leave it dry?
Anything else I need to think about when doing this?

Thanks
shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 02:38 AM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Don't know.

Break a terra cotta pot and dip a piece of it in water. Seal it up in the bucket. It will re-hydrate without making the cannabis wet.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 02:54 AM #3
caliprop215

caliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nice
Works great. I put a damp non dripping paper towel stuck to the lid of the jar. Bring back moisture in couple hours. It might have some dif taste but its better then crumbly weed

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350645
caliprop215 is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 02:56 AM #4
Brother Nature

Brother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud ofBrother Nature has much to be proud of
I had a mate who went a way for a couple years, came back and still had his harvest, but it had gone very very dry. He used to jar up roughly an OZ and put a slice of an orange peel in the jar and leave it for about a day. This did bring a little moisture back to the dry nugs, but it certainly didn't make it any better. The taste was still harsh, but it did smoke better. A paper towel seems like it'd accomplish the same thing, but I'd be a little more vigilant with keeping an eye on it. Would probably be best to dry and cure your stuff properly the first time around, but obviously this isn't as easily done as said, especially with large harvests.

"How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with puppies."
Brother Nature is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:50 AM #5
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
If your stash is well cured re hydrating only effects the burn.

Humidity and moisture content are different conditions,
but you will find a solution that works for you.

Let us know how you proceed and the results gained, if any.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:53 AM #6
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
while you can rehydrate the buds, you will never recover the lost terepenes
you also run the risk of mold because you are adding water to the mix, i would just leave the dried bud alone
/but thats just me; i would make hash
this could prove to be an interesting exercise so im interested in hearing how it all works out for you
pop_rocks is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:22 AM #7
Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeStorm Shadow has a reputation beyond repute
No love for Boveda?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:00 PM #8
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the roughCrushnYuba is a jewel in the rough
I can't believe people haven't really figured this stuff out yet. Don't use orange peels or tortilla or anything other then water. And don't put anything wet directly on your weed.
Make the air humid and the ganj will soak it up uniformly without wet spots and without getting too wet. For somewhat larger scale, put a humidifier in a bathroom or something and open the bag up. For small scale, u can put it in a plastic tote and spray the LID. Not weed directly.

You will never get lost terps back.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2018, 12:44 AM #9
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
I was told this is what the big boys are doing.
So I wanted to get the opinion of others here.
I tried it myself and I think I should have left it as it was and smoked it dry.
The taste went to hell the smoke was ok, but the dry stuff was better no doubt.
I did not let it get moldy but it could have really easy.
Conclusions were, just smoke it dry, unless you are trying to add weight.
Not my thing at all.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 07-26-2018, 02:51 AM #10
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
I was told this is what the big boys are doing.
So I wanted to get the opinion of others here.
I tried it myself and I think I should have left it as it was and smoked it dry.
The taste went to hell the smoke was ok, but the dry stuff was better no doubt.
I did not let it get moldy but it could have really easy.
Conclusions were, just smoke it dry, unless you are trying to add weight.
Not my thing at all.

Well said, honest assessment of the process.