What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

noknees

Greetings! I took a few days away from the ladies. Went on a mini vacation and had a blast. The soaker hose on a timer is working very well. I could go away for weeks without issue. Man they sure have exploded and best of all they are finally flowering!

:dance013: :woohoo:

man, they look happy.

justiceman

Veteran
wow! fast growth!

man, they look happy.

Right on you two! I appreciate you guys always stopping in to see what's going on. The growth has been very nice so far.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Alright we are entering the flower stage which is everyone's favorite part I'm sure. Things are going smoothly.... well unfortunately there was one problem. A family member wanted to cut some branches off of the tree next to my Farm Cheese and let them fall onto it breaking 2 main branches on her left side. It's a bit heartbreaking because I wanted to see her full yield potential, but fortunately the rest of the plant is doing just fine. Still dumbfounded why I wasn't asked to do the treework myself. Haha oh well it is what it is. Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of summer. They won't be here much longer.

Afgooey
As expected this girl is flowering FAST. She's much farther along than any of the other plants. Indica's flower fast and finish fast so it makes sense. She might not be huge on the yield department but speed isn't a bad thing either. Hoping for some nice dense flowers. This one will most likely be first to harvest.
picture.php
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is coming along very well. 2nd fastest to gear up for flower which makes sense. Both of the Afgooey and this BB#2 in the smaller 2 X 8 bed are heavy leaners on the Indica side. Shorter stocky plants that finish faster. What I do like about this one over the Afgooey is it's bushy structure though.
picture.php
picture.php

Farm Cheese
It's getting hard to capture just the Farm Cheese. She's on the left. Just tall as hell!
picture.php

Continued in the next post.......

justiceman

Veteran
Here you can see how she's missing her left side. She's had a lean to the right since day 1. I'm afraid that she might lean too much when flower set is at it's peak. I was thinking the branches on the left would help distribute weight but now that they are gone I might tie a rope around the middle of the base and attach it to the tree to help pull her back left for support.
picture.php

2 big ones ugh. It's okay I'm okay guys hahaha
picture.php

Interesting. I can tell that she's gearing up to flower but isn't nearly as far along as the 2 indica dominant plants. Not really sure about the Cheese background. I think Skunk #1 and some type of Afghani hybrid. So far she seems to have more sativa characteristics since she's taller and seems to have a much longer flower set time. Of course this could be because the bottom 2 get a bit more shade at the end of the day.
picture.php

Outlaw
This one is probably my favorite in terms of looks right now. She's just so pretty and uniform. What I like best is while she is fairly tall she's not quite as lanky as the Farm Cheese and she's packed full with flower sites.
picture.php

Same thing as the Farm Cheese. I can tell she's getting ready to flower but is not nearly as far along as the two indica dominant strains. Definitely makes sense because this one is supposed to be heavy sativa. We'll see.
picture.php

starke

I think you better start working out now with those spring loaded grip strengtheners because come harvest time you are going to need both strength and endurance for all that scissor work. :biggrin:

LungCooking

Right on you two! I appreciate you guys always stopping in to see what's going on. The growth has been very nice so far.

My Pleasure man! Your plants are perfect! If you usually dont have any problems with bud rot due to high humidity or freezing temps i cant see why this wont turn into beautiful flowers :)

justiceman

Veteran
I think you better start working out now with those spring loaded grip strengtheners because come harvest time you are going to need both strength and endurance for all that scissor work.
hahahaha! Man.... this is the truth. Let's say it's not my favorite part of growing hehe.

no prob, thanks for posting! keep up the good work!
Will do!
I'm rooting for that Afgooey! Farm cheese and Outlaw are looking good!
If the afgooey produces the flavor and taste I'm looking for I will be extremely happy with it. I do like it's single cola structure too.

that outlaw looks the business
It was lagging for a second and then BOOM. I am loving her right now.

My Pleasure man! Your plants are perfect! If you usually dont have any problems with bud rot due to high humidity or freezing temps i cant see why this wont turn into beautiful flowers :)
Thank you! I'm hoping for the best. Temperatures and humidity have been really good all year. One season a while ago the humidity was way higher than typical for an extended period and it reeked havoc on various plants in peoples garden around the area. It was crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

The temps are dropping a lot more at night. Summer is coming to an end soon but I'm happy about the flower period and of course harvest time is just around the corner! So far so good. The bottom bed seems to be a bit low on N. Not alarmingly so but enough to where I feel they need a bit of supplementation. My plan to is to add a top dressing of a bit of high N bat guano and some high P bat guano. I'll scratch it into the surface a bit and water it thoroughly. We'll see how things ride out from there. The Large bed is doing just fine on nutrients. Most likely because the bed has 2x the amount of soil and food hahaha.

Afgooey
She's looking great. She's been a very consist slow grower but with no issues. Definitely starting some nice flower sets right now. I'm predicting a nice sized main cola from her.
picture.php

Nice cute little top.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is looking to yield pretty good for how compact she is. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she can do. The lighting on these pictures of the front bed make them seem a bit more yellow than they really are. Bad exposure on my part.
picture.php

she also has a nice top going
picture.php

Continued on next post....

justiceman

Veteran
Farm Cheese
She's finally starting to flower haha! I have no idea how large this baby is going to get. I'm estimating she's about 7.5 to 8ft tall right now
picture.php

This one sure took her time. Let's go already
picture.php

Outlaw
This one is about perfect in its shape IMO. Large but not as lanky as the Farm Cheese. Very uniform. I know I keep saying this but I can't wait to see what all the flowers look like. These last two have been holding out.
picture.php

Finally showing some flower action. Let's keep it moving ladies.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Yes! Things are really starting to get going now! Looking excellent on all of them.

Some very healthy girls you have there my man.

Lookin good man

Thank you everyone! I'm very happy to be receiving all this love. I think the plants have been receiving all of your positive vibes :dance013:

---------------------------------------------

I laid down some High N and High P bat guano in the small bed yesterday. Scratched it into the surface as evenly as I could and then watered it in. Hope everone’s having a fine day!

Here’s the guano I’ve had laying around for a while.
picture.php

Family shots
picture.php
picture.php

Got one extra picture of the Outlaw because she was looking particularly beautiful yesterday.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Greetings everyone! May the smoke be thick and heavy for you all. So far so good. Currently in the high 70's and low 80's recently. The girls are loving it. I have not yet laid any guano down in the big bed but soon I will. They are doing just fine on nutrition in the big bed. The small bed seems to be greening up just a tad bit. Man that high N guano works fast, or maybe my eyes deceive me haha.

Afgooey
She is entering the full flower stage. Even producing a bit of sugar already.
picture.php
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is also entering the full flower stage. Not as much sugar quite yet, but the flower structure looks promising.
picture.php
picture.php

Continued on next post.....

justiceman

Veteran
Farm Cheese
So tall. When will she stop I don't know haha. She's really taking her time to get going, but looks like she will be entering the full flower soon.
picture.php
picture.php

Outlaw
She's a looker now. I just love this structure. A little bit further along than the Farm Cheese but not by too much. If i had to guess this plant will be 2nd to last to harvest. Farm Cheese being dead last haha.
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
so you cloned outlaw, right? :)

lookin good :) :peacock:
Sadly I did not. I thought about cloning them all earlier on but ended up deciding against it. I have kept mom's in the past but seeing as I have a bunch of seeds I'd like to try out still I'm just going to keep moving forward. I'll probably kick myself for not taking any clones if the smoke turns out really well though :laughing:

insomniac_AU

Looking beautiful! Some of those are going to be huge by the time they're finished. I aspire one day to need a chainsaw to harvest. :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts