What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Reveg

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Great thread. Its good to get this type of information out there for pepole who can make use of it in order to grow more successfully!

Revegging fully flowered plants is a great way to preserve genetics if cuts havent been taken. Cutting are the best because revegging can stress the plant a lot, but if you have that special female and no cuttings, reveg that girl.

I have had success with cuttings taken during the third week of flower. I took two cuts from a Durban plant and treated with rooting gel. The cuts rooted first and then started to revert back to veg. The new leaves were single bladed, then three, and now they are only just starting to produce five bladed leaves. This process has taken several weeks under a 130w clf. below is a pic.

medicaluser420

TML16- Glad I could help. Good Luck with the Hempstar.

-ezra- Thanks, I never have space but it would make more sense to keep a cut off each plant until you harvest and find the best one then toss the rest.
Cause revegging does stress it alot. LOL. It's just crazy how it works magic like that.

I have taken a couple of updated pics. Not much difference in the Found some of the flowers have started streching :yes: this is good. You cant see much difference in the pic.

Next the White Rhino is starting to do the same but has more shoots. Today i found a banana growing out of one of the flower shoots so I plucked it. I will have to keep an eye on this one.

Last edited:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
You can literally keep cuttings a space no bigger than a shobox. But another method you could consider is taking cuttings just before 12/12, keeping them in stasis in your fridge until you determine sex, and dispose of males or whatever. you can keep cuttings in stasis in your fridge for 2-3 weeks.

medicaluser420

ezra that sound like a good idea how would I go about keeping them in the fridge. in some bags with water or just bags or what? I might try this technique out. Thanks.

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
taken from this

aka "Subcooled Cuttings"

The crisper drawer and a ziploc bag will provide a suitable stasis* chamber for fresh cuttings for up to around 6..7..8 weeks.

In order to obtain this sort of longevity in the fridge, the bag containing the dry**, unrooted branches should be opened to breathe at least once a week,better yet,twice a week. Partially puff the bag before sealing with your breath...
Cuttings that are kept in the refrigerator this way actually will root faster than conventional non-refrigerated cuttings once they are removed from the coolness of the refrigerator on up to a point of about 2 or 3 weeks, which at that time they will take proceed to take longer to root and you may even just lose a few.
Important: When they are removed from the refrigerator to be rooted, be sure to recut the stem.

The holding of cuttings in "fridge stasis" opens the door to many possibilities such as... testing many different males, holding strains while evaluating, changing the way you time your mothers,... etc..

(*Stasis= maintaining a constant level...Stable state...dormant)
Quote:
**When we take clones they go in marked thick freezer bags with a mist of water but not to much.-Subcool

G

Nice theard!

I had to sex few plants a while ago (Skunk no1 and Magic Bud)... MB doest reveg... it is flowering ON 20/4! Can't stop it...

Skunk knows he is back to veging tho...

Take care,
Agnes

G

maybe its magic!

ruder maybe but, what if it Wasnt auto flowering b4 the re-veg. That could be trippy

poor confused plant

nice thread.

glad i germinated over here

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Thanks again medicaluser420,

I have put your methods to action and I'm hoping to save my baby. She was so nice to me.

Before & After

Hoping for the best now. She's back on 18/6.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
regen Blueberry

regen Blueberry

I have indoor in ground soil, not pots, I regenerated a Blueberry, left a couple buds on bottom of the plant, and about 6 of the larger fan leaves, removed the rest. Went to 18/6, she was very slow, deformed a little, yellowing leaves, after about 8 weeks I went to 12/12 she started to flower. I thought she was just taking up space but she came around streaching and flowering better than the original grow. I could not believe the finish as I was going to yank her a couple times. She finished at 1.6 OZ of great bud. I am now in my second regen of her. Also am regenerating a Fourplay. They both are looking great.

Last edited:

2buds

Great addition. Thanks for passing on the info. I knew they would reveg but hadn't thought of cutting root mass to equal the amount of veg material left. Did you feed them any superthrive or root hormones to stimulate things?
Again, good post.

G

The reveg I posted pics of earlier in this thread had been in the original 2.5-gallon pot until about 10 days ago. I went ahead and pruned the rootball down to 1/2 that size (which is the most severe rootball pruning I've ever tried, by far) and repotted and the plant never even blinked... just kept on growing new shoots and looks extremely happy.

When I watered after transplant, I used about 1/2 capful of Superthrive to one gallon of water.

.canine.

Last edited:

medicaluser420

Ogrefugee-Thanks for the info. i will have to try that out. :)

Agnes- I dont doubt it.Probably strain dependant and it woud definately not work if it's autoflowering strain. How would you take clones and root them if they never revert. At least the Skunk#1 came through. :yes:

NeptHaze- Thanks for stopping by.

TML16- Glad I could be of use :) Keep us udated on her if you want. Will take a while but worth having an identical clone of mom. Especially when its something great. you will see the weird growth firsthand My friend just tossed a couple after a week or two thinking it was not working. I told him WTF they were just starting. Faster then starting more beans to try and find one equally good. Good Luck with her.

doobieduck- its great. two harvest from the same plant. :) all though I would not flower a mom unless you give it a nice long reveg like you. they tend to hermie if you start flowering them small and in small containers. But if you keep transplanting and putting under better light they will do great.:yes:

2buds-thanks for stopping by. Yes i just added a drop of superthrive to a gallon of water it is just for when the moms need water. I dont use the entire gallon in one watering. Once they start doing there thing I stop the superthrive and just add water. but as they get older or cuts are taken they will need some veg nute mostly nitrogen. But not much unless you want alot of growth and it might outgrow the container. just repot or rip roots again.

.canine.- it's intense ha? the root pruning real freaked me out first time.
but the ladies never seem to mind I fugure they are just happy to still be alive. I love the superthrive, I have never used that much to worried . Let us now how she does. Good Luck

G

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Superthrive in any other situation, but when forced to use it for any purpose other than a particularly shocking transplant, I will use no more than one drop per gallon. However, with a situation like the transplant (not just any transplant, but a stressful one mid-flower or severe root pruning, etc), I am comfortable doing a one-time shot of 1/2 capful per gallon.

G

hey isnt the 1st pic of the plant your friend found in a parking lot?
how is that one doing

medicaluser420

NeptHaze- yes sir you are correct I just call it Found. It is doing good the buds are just starting to to get stringy you can see the small tips of new leaves forming. It will be more noticable with time.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 Play Re-veg

4 Play Re-veg

Here is an image of my Four Play from Head Seeds after about only 38 days re-veg at 18/6 and day 3 flowering at 12/12. 1st time for this mother but I commonly do this and have had great results, see my other posts....Dr. Duck

below is Four Play re-gen at 43 days flowering...this time around she will provide well over the first harvest. The plant covers a 36" by 36" space 28" tall. Amazing resin production!

Last edited:
G

"medicaluser420" I re-veg pretty much exactly the way u have recommended ...good advice bro.

here is a pic of my TFB (Blockhead pheno).

these pics are After first harvest
then transplant/root trim
--3 weeks to show new growth
--THEN 6 weeks veg under 70 watts HPS and various floros
--73 days flower under 450 watts HPS

G

Currently have two bogbubbles revegging - one didnt make it, one is re-leafed.