What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black cherry soda growers?

talktosamson

Veteran
Is there any strength to this strain? Not trying to hijack thread. But whats the main diff between plushberry and black cherry soda.

I would say potency is medium, the taste and smell are really unbelievable. I ran a few packs of plushberry, never saw anything close to the original clone. I think all of Subs strains smell and taste like space queen, it's genetics dominate everything.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I would say potency is medium, the taste and smell are really unbelievable. I ran a few packs of plushberry, never saw anything close to the original clone. I think all of Subs strains smell and taste like space queen, it's genetics dominate everything.

I'm really curious to run the original clone... My "BCS" pheno I found among a single pack of Plushberry has an undeniable cherry/berry aroma with a hint of fuel, and flavor pretty much carries over. I dig it anyways, but comparing to the original clone would be cool, I'm sure I'll come across someone with it someday.

Did you find phenos such as this in your packs of Plushberry? If I remember correctly, I had 4 females... 3 of them were very much like Space Queen and nothing like BCS, and quite different from one another. LOTS of variation in that cross. But I was certainly happy to find this girl...

picture.php

picture.php

The bud structure looks quite similar to me... (in pics I've seen anyways...) And the foliage doesn't really get any color even with low temps. Not the most potent, but still packs a killer buzz and the taste and aroma is worth everything!

talktosamson

Veteran
I'm really curious to run the original clone... My "BCS" pheno I found among a single pack of Plushberry has an undeniable cherry/berry aroma with a hint of fuel, and flavor pretty much carries over. I dig it anyways, but comparing to the original clone would be cool, I'm sure I'll come across someone with it someday.

Did you find phenos such as this in your packs of Plushberry? If I remember correctly, I had 4 females... 3 of them were very much like Space Queen and nothing like BCS, and quite different from one another. LOTS of variation in that cross. But I was certainly happy to find this girl...

View Image

View Image

The bud structure looks quite similar to me... (in pics I've seen anyways...) And the foliage doesn't really get any color even with low temps. Not the most potent, but still packs a killer buzz and the taste and aroma is worth everything!

That looks KILLER! Closest thing to the original I have seen come out of the plush berry. I had a buddy run ace of spades and got a pretty BCS pheno. Your pheno is what sub had in mind when he made this cross, bring the potency way up of the BCS and keep that cherry smell and taste. Looks great bud you found yourself a real winner with that one.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
That looks KILLER! Closest thing to the original I have seen come out of the plush berry. I had a buddy run ace of spades and got a pretty BCS pheno. Your pheno is what sub had in mind when he made this cross, bring the potency way up of the BCS and keep that cherry smell and taste. Looks great bud you found yourself a real winner with that one.

Thanks dude much appreciated. I do indeed love this cut, and don't plan on retiring it for quite some time. Actually she's the only thing I've kept from Sub's gear... very hardy plant on top of her obvious visual appeal and aroma/flavor. An all around great plant.

Very nice bro,
I've ran 3 strains of tga,
Ran 15 querkles and found a life long friend. Solid purp head to toe , grape funk max, been trying to find something to cross it with.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I've got 7 Marionberry Kush ladies and 5 Querkle ladies beginning their 3rd week of flower right now. Probably will be the last TGA anything I run for a while if not, ever. Hoping to find a nice Querkle, and what I've seen from MBK looks great. Do you have pics of your Querkle keeper man?

relic1981

Veteran
sub cool is infamous for recreating strains that are hard to get seeds from. (not that he is only doing that). not trying to bash him because he does have some really good strains, even some that i would like to have like his querkle, vortex, jack the ripper, and his apollo 13 bx, but he isn't the most original "breeder" out there. i dont like judging people but since he puts himself out there a lot i have formed my opinions of him. i get a weird vibe from him... he seems to be a nice guy but at the same time he seems kinda full of himself. i think i would like him more as a person if he didnt hype himself up so much and was more humble. i remember him talking about trainwreck, which has been around for years and years for good reason, and saying it was harsh and nothing special and that his jack the ripper blew it away. now ive never tried JTR but have had a tw cut for years and is one of my favorites and is a favorite among a lot of other people in humboldt. like i said there is a very good reason it has been around so long. it yeilds well, finishes early, has a great sativa high and it tastes great... not harsh at all. i may be way off on this and its just my personal opinion but i think he thinks to highly of himself. in most of the articles ive read from him, including his dank books, i see alot of me, me , me... and his prices are way to high for a breeder who selects from such a small genepool. he claims he has a good eye for selecting plants to back cross too and thats why he dosnt use hundreds or even thousands of plants in his breeding projects. it is definatly possible that he does have a good eye but im sure alot of the more popular breeders like simon (serious seeds), BOG, etc. (while on the subject id have to say arjan from greenhouse way overhypes himself too) not saying there isnt any good greenhouse seeds genetics but they hype it so much in order to raise the price and increase their profits. i say cheers to all the local breeders and home breeders that create strains just as good as from a big seed company, sometimes way better, sometimes worse. just trying to create your own hybrid deserves a pat on the back. its these small time breeders that pass seeds for free just to get the genetics out there. i think if some of these expensive seed producers lowered their prices they would sell alot more units and end up making more money in the long run. they will just have to increase the amount of seeds being made. once all the hard work is out of the way in the breeding process such as selecting plants, back crossing, and cubing its just a matter of pollinating.

And along with you I highly doubt ill ever run tga again, far from a hater, but in this game you can stand still or move forward.

Grojak

Honestly if sub had this in mind he would inbreed with this, but he does not, why? Well I had the chance to ask him in front of 100 people and his B.S. answer was "I like to give the grower a chance to decide what pheno they prefer, B.S. who prefers to get 7 pheno's out of a cross in hopes of just finding the 1 pheno they want?

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
Honestly if sub had this in mind he would inbreed with this, but he does not, why? Well I had the chance to ask him in front of 100 people and his B.S. answer was "I like to give the grower a chance to decide what pheno they prefer, B.S. who prefers to get 7 pheno's out of a cross in hopes of just finding the 1 pheno they want?

As I only grow for myself and few others, I personally enjoy pheno hunting makes things interesting and sometimes surprising....in a good way.

relic1981

Veteran
pheno hunting can be fun and interesting if you have the time and space for it... when your dealing with an unstable seed line it can take a long time to find the right pheno, make clones of it and get a decent grow going. plus the risk of getting substandard buds is just not worth it to me (some phenos are obviously better than others). so if you have the time and space to pop seeds and look for phenos that are bad ass, hats off to you. its those rare keepers that usually end up popular.

when i grow from seed, which is becoming rare these days, i want stable genetics with one or two phenos... maybe three to choose from because it cuts down the time alot. i always take clones of my plants from seed then sex and flower the plants i took cuttings from. then i will have all the cuts i want of a particular pheno (whichever is best) and then grow from clones. i find this cuts some time down. because of the increased time it takes, i want to know what im likely to get which is never completely possible when growing from seed, but i like to up my chances of finding the pheno(s) im looking for as much as i can. this process requires its own light. i could fill the space up with clones of something i know to be AAA and guarantee what medicine will come out of it and in half the time.. that said when you find a good pheno of something its an exciting feeling. (at least for me, its something i find to be very special to me)

remember all the elites clone only's came from a seed a one point so there are definitely keepers out there and kudos to those of you who hunt down these great genetics.:tiphat:

chemberry

View Image

View Image

yeh i got only space queen phenos they were so frosty stem leafs like snow but no bcs phenos bummer wish i could keep her but got to keep serching

DJzpark

From what i remember, the bcs s1 bach was grown along with an urkle s1 bach and the whole problem was finding males in both lines. Indicating an actual male plant slipped some pollen in. Wasn't a problem with the plant, just a contaminated environment.

The only way you would find a XY in an XX generation is if it way a poly hybrid. More sets of chromosomes than the normal two.

Buddle

Veteran
Beautiful girls everyone..
Holdin...congrats on your wonderful find :)
The only potent purple strain I have had the pleasure of growing is Moondawg. My pheno doesn't have quite as much purple as the BCS. The TGA strains I have grown smell and taste decent they just don't seem to be very potent. I did find a VERY blueberry smelling and tasting Jilly Bean f2 but alas..medium potency at best..with 4+ month cure..lol.

relic1981

Veteran
so the person i got my black cherry soda from says its definatly not from subcool. (probably the cut sub used to make his bcs seed line. does any else have this cut? im just curious because because i dont have much experience flowering her (she grows vigorously and makes great clones, fast rooter) i was curious as to how many weeks you take her and what growing styles you are using. ive got some in flower now, about 5 weeks in.. so far they look great and already are getting super dark, blackish//purplish looks like they will yeild well. im using royal gold basement mix (coco mix) and bio bizz line nutes blus high p/k bat guano and an occasional dose of cal mag plus. i know its not exactly true organics but its close and both my patients and myself feel like i produce a very high quality product. i always have a variety going so there are different flavors and different medical effects and for those of you with tga's bcs please feel free to chime in as well. thanks!