You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2018, 09:02 PM #2281
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Happy Friday friends.

We made it to the end of another week, and having a day off in the middle made it seem like a short week here. It's finally cooled off enough here to turn the air off and open the windows for the first time in a week or so. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend!

@pop_rocks. The southern kettle trails are close to an hour drive from my house but well worth it if I've got the time. The local trail is like 10 or 15 min away so that is the one I hit before work in the mornings, but not this morning because they were closed when I tried to ride this morning. If I'm going all the way out to the kettle I like to ride longer rides so that I'm not driving more than riding. My bro just got a garmin gps fitness tracker that is really cool, it shows all the climbs and descents and tracks a lot more than my Fitbit does. Having gps built in the app recognized which trails we were on and even broke down each section, really useful data. As we go back more and more we will be able to compare how much faster we are going against earlier rides.
That's great you guys had a blast on the 4th! It sounds like a great roof top party place. That's cool that the people renting your neighbors house were cool, I always love to see kids all excited and having such a good time, reminds me of being a kid myself.
I'm glad you are hitting it off with your grower buddy and it sounds like you guys are going to stay in touch. I'd love to here more about it when you have time.

@Packerfan. Man 108 if hot as fuck! It's been mid 90's and humid around here and I've been suffering a little but I think of how hot you have it and Badfishy too I feel better about it. Glad you have the pool to cool off in!
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2018, 04:10 PM #2282
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
the mrs uses this app called strava that does the same stuff
its gps based so its not 100% accurate but it has a lot of really cool features
its cool because it tracks your route for you like the garmin, plus compares you to others in the area
she gets really competitive sometimes, but its all in good fun and i like seeing how we stack up against some of the faster riders
it shows you the trails including elevation and stuff like that
i hope he enjoys the garmin,he is the wearable or do you mount it on the bars, like a gps for the car? i think some of the watches are water proof too
yeah the guy was totally cool to talk to and just fun to kick it with
i will be heading out that way soon because i told him i would return the tray and containers he gave me the cuts in

i hear the worst of the heat is passed pack, but its summer time
it was nice to walk outside at midnight last night in shorts and a tshirt and enjoy the nice warm night
we have the house opened up right now to let in the cool air, but im going to closing the windows and doors soon

hope everyone is having a great weekend!
pop_rocks is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:25 PM #2283
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
the mrs uses this app called strava that does the same stuff
its gps based so its not 100% accurate but it has a lot of really cool features
its cool because it tracks your route for you like the garmin, plus compares you to others in the area
she gets really competitive sometimes, but its all in good fun and i like seeing how we stack up against some of the faster riders
it shows you the trails including elevation and stuff like that
i hope he enjoys the garmin,he is the wearable or do you mount it on the bars, like a gps for the car? i think some of the watches are water proof too
yeah the guy was totally cool to talk to and just fun to kick it with
i will be heading out that way soon because i told him i would return the tray and containers he gave me the cuts in

i hear the worst of the heat is passed pack, but its summer time
it was nice to walk outside at midnight last night in shorts and a tshirt and enjoy the nice warm night
we have the house opened up right now to let in the cool air, but im going to closing the windows and doors soon

hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I sure hope you are right about the heat clearing out. It was insane yesterday. It hit 122 degrees on my way home. I turned my A.C. off, not wanting to overheat my car. 2 fires and a few accidents turned my normal 40 minute drive, into an hour and a half of burning hell on earth.

It's cool to have grower friends especially when they are mellow. I have a few friends who grow, most are constantly patting themselves on the back. Egos can be problematic. I have a buddy who runs a 6 lighter at home, and 60 lights at the warehouse. I have had to put him in his place a few times. He tends to talk down to other growers. Of course when he has issues he calls me. He follows a recipe designed by someone else. He has learned to copy what others do, but can't adapt when it counts. He grows good bud, but it can be hit or miss. He was having issues at the warehouse, they added more lights and couldn't get the lights synced up time wise. I told him to get rid of the digital timers and go with a mechanical timer. After 3 60 light crops of foxtailed hermied buds, the owners of the warehouse tossed the digital timers for mechanical times. He's really lucky, the people he works for were less than happy. 300 plus pounds of subpar seeded, foxtailed buds between the 3 crops. This is what happens when you think you know more than everyone else. This is why I don't have partners, I will succeed or fail on my merits. Plus who wants to split their crop, not this guy.

Sounds like you had a nice midnight strole, it was still 95 here at midnight. I am planning on spending most of the weekend in the pool.

Hope everyone stays cool this weekend, summer is definitely here. On the bright side the warehouse at work stayed relatively comfortable all day, we have fans but no swamp coolers, or AC.
packerfan79 is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2018, 10:26 PM #2284
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to all
Hope everybody is doing well! PF.... that sucks about drive home... last year spent 2 weeks in sept with no power or AC and my lady was 9months preggers... THAT is hell on earth, but beat the in laws. I have a buddy that grows and then he has a circle he grows with... nice having somebody to bounce ideas off of or hold a cutting or give a cutting or receive something.... however last year wiped his circle and myself out without any climate control... luckily I have plenty of beans to search through and his circle has provided to his stable so in time things will be back together. Fuuuuuug hate living in this flat land of misery... I have a specialized Allez (road bike) along w a trek TT but I get so bored with flat land all they do is collect dust if honest... last ride I went on was a century but good so bored of stomping same gear, I was counting down miles until I made it to a barstool... picked up my new dog today... she was homeless living at a Miami Cuban restaurant that I stop at when going between home and Marathon... stopped in last week, made arrangements for a rescue to come pick her up and vet her... so drive to Miami picked her up and 2 large containers of Ceviche and just got back home... happy as can be

Edit: forgot to mention I picked up a single 5 gal dwc set up to fuck around with... going to take a cutting from with my gas berries or my lvtk.... want to mother out the gas berries to take a few cuttings to keep around another run and see her true potential

Last edited by Badfishy1; 07-08-2018 at 12:23 AM..
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:49 PM #2285
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
the dwc sounds cool, fish
i ran a dwc before and got good yields, and once you get it sorted its only a little more trouble than soil
there are a couple more steps but get your water dialed in and then feed light and you should have no problems to start with
keep us posted on how it goes, is this something you bought or did you design this yourself
man, that must have been a tough 9w with no ac, especially with the humidity
i dont mind the dry heat but the hot humid weather is brutal
these past few days on the coast have been super hot plus we have like a 70/80%rh;it feels like honolulu outside right now

/sometimes the guys who stick their chests out the most are the ones who are the most insecure
i know the type you talk about p'79, people who know everything and all, until they have problems or encounter something new
i think experience brings a certain confidence but nobody knows it all and we can all pick up new tricks
plus i respect other peoples ideas and like learning new things
a cool thing about this cat ( i will have to give him a pseudonym here at some point),is he is really down to earth and laid back
he actually has a pretty simple set up but it works for him
he also has a "guru" he consults (at least one) and someone who bred some seed lines for him
/it could be the same guy
hope things are cooling down in your area brother, but at a certain point hot is just hot
/hey its summe time
hope the kids are enjoying their summer and everyone is doing fine

Old 07-09-2018, 09:48 PM #2286
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Well jungle mates,

Just got some news. My company is moving to Salt Lake city. I have 18-24 months to figure out what to do. I have the option to go to Salt Lake city, not going to go. I should know what my severance package looks like in a week or so.

I have wanted to get out of California for a long time. My wife should be finishing up her Bachelor's degree about the time we close up here. I am thinking it may be a blessing in disguise.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:06 PM #2287
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Happy Monday guys.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I took 2 long mountain bike rides last weekend, Sunday's being a 12 mile ass kicker of rutted rooted rocked out climbe and descents. Sunday's ride really took a lot out of me but was so rewarding at the same time.

@pop_rocks. My bros garmin is a wearable smart watch that does the same things as the Fitbit but has built in gps for all the extra tracking. It gives you a lot of info about distance, elivation, ect. It's nice to look back on the ride and see all that info. It's going to be cool to compare how much faster the rides get as we get to know the trail and get more confident to push harder. That app that the Mrs uses sounds cool! I'd be interisted to see how I stack up against others on the same trails. I defenatly get passed once in a while so I'm guessing I'm pretty average right now.

@Packerfan. Wow 122 degrees sounds insane brother! I don't know how you do it, anything over mid 90's and I'm miserable. It just saps all my energy when it's too hot. I hope you jumped into your pool and got a nice cool off when you finally got home. You might be right about your company moving being a blessing in disguise. If the time is right and you get some severance and the wife is ready to go that might be perfict.

@Badfishy. What kind of dog did you get brother? Post up a pic of the pup if you can, we love dogs in the jungle! DWC sounds like a fun adventure. Keep us posted.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 01:52 AM #2288
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to all
Good day jungle bunnies! She is a Belgium shephard, really just a chill dog. First night she curled up with my 2 year old in bed.. won’t lie was a bit nervous allowing a random dog in bed with my daughter, but something about her I knew all would be well... didn’t have a single problem with her until this morning after I left.... she ate the blinds lmao... my lady was HOT! Meh just more work when I get home!!! Good luck on severance package PF! SLC is actually kind of a neat town (except for the cult that runs it, but that is a whole different story). Haven’t ran DWC or any hydro before, so definitely a learning experience. Think I am going to run one of my FEM seeds in it as I don’t have ANY experience with DWC and not really sure about cloning into a soil less media... but have 2 LVTK that are out of the ground and 3 orange blossom specials so perhaps one of them will make it in.
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2018, 03:03 AM #2289
pop_rocks

i looked at the garmin watches when i was shopping for moms fitbit
/she was the one that started me and the mrs on this walking kick
they have a lot of features and i hope he digs his watch
does he also walk and count steps or is he mostly using it for riding
the app is called strava and you can get it free online
it uses your phones gps to track your ride
its cool because it has a lot of cool data to geek out on and also shows where other people have ridden; we have found a couple fun rides off the strava maps
check it out man, especially if you bring your phone on rides with you
if you do get it, set it so it pings at its most frequent interval
its not a true "counter" like the thing i have on my bike which uses a magnate on the tire to count rotations
its basically pings a series of dots and then connects them to reach your final tally for distance
glad to hear you guys are enjoying your rides and i hope the two of you keep kicking ass!

that sucks about your company moving to another state but it sounds like you have some time to figure things out
i hear you about wanting to leave cali, especially if it keeps going in the direction its been heading the past decade or so
utah is kind of cool, the mrs just got back from visiting a friend of hers who moved there and had a great time hiking and enjoying the outdoors
but the laws there are like something straight out of the 50's and you have the religious zealots to deal with
the good thing is its only like 8h drive, maybe you can roll out and check the scene before you make a choice
also, i wonder what the schools are like and how the boys will like it there

that sounds like a great dog,fishy
as long as she wasnt mistreated i think most dogs have a natural "momma bear" instinct
i dont blame you for keeping an eye on the pup,especially with a little one but once they become bonded that dog will become like a best friend and watch over her
ive ran a few different hydro set ups and i know you can do this
keep up posted on how it goes and be sure to holler if you ahve any questions
soil less cloning is no problem,bro; remember fiddys set up
seed or clones im sure you will do great

Old 07-10-2018, 03:59 AM #2290
packerfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
i looked at the garmin watches when i was shopping for moms fitbit
/she was the one that started me and the mrs on this walking kick
they have a lot of features and i hope he digs his watch
does he also walk and count steps or is he mostly using it for riding
the app is called strava and you can get it free online
it uses your phones gps to track your ride
its cool because it has a lot of cool data to geek out on and also shows where other people have ridden; we have found a couple fun rides off the strava maps
check it out man, especially if you bring your phone on rides with you
if you do get it, set it so it pings at its most frequent interval
its not a true "counter" like the thing i have on my bike which uses a magnate on the tire to count rotations
its basically pings a series of dots and then connects them to reach your final tally for distance
glad to hear you guys are enjoying your rides and i hope the two of you keep kicking ass!

that sucks about your company moving to another state but it sounds like you have some time to figure things out
i hear you about wanting to leave cali, especially if it keeps going in the direction its been heading the past decade or so
utah is kind of cool, the mrs just got back from visiting a friend of hers who moved there and had a great time hiking and enjoying the outdoors
but the laws there are like something straight out of the 50's and you have the religious zealots to deal with
the good thing is its only like 8h drive, maybe you can roll out and check the scene before you make a choice
also, i wonder what the schools are like and how the boys will like it there

that sounds like a great dog,fishy
as long as she wasnt mistreated i think most dogs have a natural "momma bear" instinct
i dont blame you for keeping an eye on the pup,especially with a little one but once they become bonded that dog will become like a best friend and watch over her
ive ran a few different hydro set ups and i know you can do this
keep up posted on how it goes and be sure to holler if you ahve any questions
soil less cloning is no problem,bro; remember fiddys set up
seed or clones im sure you will do great
I am pretty sure we are not going to Utah, lol. 1 wife is enough for me. Lol. We have friends who are Mormon and that church is wierd. Weird story, The mom cheated on dad , so dad cheated on mom. Dad is a bigshot in the church, mom is ostracized. They won't let her in the temples for her kids wedding.

We have narrowed it down the the Dakota's, Wyoming, or Montana. I agreed to give up Maine (my first choice), ahe gave up Idaho (wifeys first choice)