What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bho - large scale closed system

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am in love with the idea of being able to see portions of this process in action; and love how you integrated a way to see...
While I am runnning a slightly modified Terpenator, I have gained so much from this and your other threads as well.

I should have my sight glasses installed for tomorrow's run, and I have my finger's crossed I will be able to see into the tank, as well as above my column in an attempt to visually verify the Butane level with each flood cycle.

thanks for all of the inspiration

Check the seals. The sight glasses from Glacier Tank are silicone rubber and not suitable for butane service.

I also noticed the seals would be a deal breaker on the Glacier Tanks models...

I actually purchased most of my stainless pipe fittings, all of the teflon hoses, and the sight glasses from McMaster-Carr... The sight glasses I installed are borosilicate/316 stainless; with that said, I find them basically useless for my own operation.

The sight glasses really shine when I am trying to show other Caregivers how the machine operates...

allwaysthinking

Can Tapper - link does not have.

Can Tapper - link does not have.

Been looking all over the place for a butane can tapper. The link goes to a tool place but they are not listed. Anyone know where I might get one?
Thanks

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

foaf

Veteran
I've been out of the loop.

I had no idea 10 years ago how this would end up.

:)

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been out of the loop.

I had no idea 10 years ago how this would end up.

:)

Hee, hee, hee................. The a posse ad esse cycle!

From possibility to realization!

And from the nothingness came a shared thought, and from the shared thought form. Shows what a village can do with a good idea!

Now comes legalization and regulation part, which will limit which designs can be used for licensed commercial extraction.

Attachments

• Medizin Maker front-1-1.jpg
    Medizin Maker front-1-1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Mk IA test sled-1-1.jpg
    Mk IA test sled-1-1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 68

crumbsnatch

That's a pretty medizin maker! Does anybody have any clue what designs are going to get the green light in Or? We want to be ahead or the curve and are upgrading lots right now...

foaf

Veteran
So when we did this on Overgrow what, just 12 years ago, I would never have guessed. Seems strange but being from the south, I had never been in a dispensary until this week. Wow. How fast all of this has moved. There were 20 versions of BHO all made with closed systems.

I still have my little stainless paint pots and they still work great. Still using the same butane, you just don't lose much if you do it carefully.

I haven't been internetting much but I'm glad you guys are keeping up the spread of information. Just saying hi....

Cheers

foaf

pharmco

So when we did this on Overgrow what, just 12 years ago, I would never have guessed. Seems strange but being from the south, I had never been in a dispensary until this week. Wow. How fast all of this has moved. There were 20 versions of BHO all made with closed systems.

I still have my little stainless paint pots and they still work great. Still using the same butane, you just don't lose much if you do it carefully.

I haven't been internetting much but I'm glad you guys are keeping up the spread of information. Just saying hi....

Cheers

foaf

We all owe a great deal to the early pioneers! An incredible amount, I've read this thread and the like many times.

Speaking of such... have you checked out Photon_Noir on instagram? I believe he used to work with you.

He's doing good work.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cheers

foaf

Thanks for dropping by my brother FOAF!

Kudos and accolades! You were certainly my inspiration for my closed system, which I picked up from your posts here on ICM!

Success has many fathers, while failure is a bastard child, so we of course now have multiple fathers claiming paternity. Further proof it was a good idea!!

For my part, I simply took your good idea and added my "A posse ad esse" part to move it to the next level. At the right place, at the right time, with the right retired professional skill set, and time on my hands.

The real question now, is where will it be 12 years hence, or even in just another decade, which is about when I joined the dance??

Last edited:

foaf

Veteran
Yikes. How time flies -

Y’all keep it up. I still use these stainless paint pots, only difference is I fill, shake with air powered paint shaker :) , then blow it into a Teflon bag, I don’t recover anymore. Then clean it up. Lame, yes, but it’s easy and it’s just for personal and clean butane tanks are cheap and available whereas back then it was cans of Vector or whatever.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time does fly brother Foaf, and look where it has led the industries technology!!

Thanks for your pioneering contribution that led us here!