What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My weed finds in Guatemala

jd4083

Veteran
^^ damn, m39 made it all the way to guat huh? :laughing: sure as hell looks like it anyways

nice score, surprised me to see that although I'm not sure why

clp

m39? Is that a strain?
I was just looking for weeds that looked similar to my memories.
Not exact pictures.
And ya the culture of most Central American cities is somewhat similar.
You're weed purchases will vary greatly but I just want to let ya'll know there is weed out there!
:)

.clunk

Cool, I've spent a few winters hanging out in Guatemala, I never bothered looking for pot down there because the first time I bought I ended up with a newspaper flap of schwaggy shit..it got me high, but turned me off pot there since I'm only used to smoking my own Organic...plus when I smoke dope I forget all my Spanish and can't keep up with the conversation, which is super annoying .it looks like you got some pretty decent nugs though. San Pedro is cool, but a bit of a scene...I did smoke in the Buddha Bar a few times which was cool.

I scored some other decent drugs while I was there for anyone else curious, this is my scoop on the other shiz:

-last I was there two types of Coke where most prevailant, one sold in clear plastic vials which was pretty weak, maybe 70%, mostly available in Antigua, don't bother with it. The other stuff came in brightly coloured Gelatin Capsules in little plastic packs which smily faces printed all over it..I could barely believe it hahaha...this was way better, more like 95%, better than I've had in my part of Canada. At the time (2009) two main gangs controlled most of the yayo in the lower part of the country, and one killed off the others family near Lago Atitlan (pregnant wife, kids, grandmother etc), pretty gruesome so I don't know what the scoop is now.

-I got my hands on some crazy LSD in Antigua before going to an all night party somewhere on a farm at the base of a Volcano, the print was called "mayan spirit" and came from San Pedro. I've eaten a ton of acid but not this strong, it blew my socks right off. Be really, really weary of buying acid in Guatemala, my friend there told me there is a lab in Guatemala City but to me it really didn't seem like they knew how to dilute the acid, because this shit was ridiculously strong. I feel like I should issue a warning because it took me a few days to "get back to normal", if you come across any start with a half or something first, for the love of god haha..I'd bet it was more than 700 mics. It was expensive (200Q) but definately worth it.

-I bought some Ecstasy down there too, it was pretty good. I was told they trade some pills for coke with a few European countries, so they get pretty good stuff for the most part. I got my hands on some pure MDMA in Gel-Caps actually, as well as some blue pressed caps that came in un-marked blister packs, just like over the counter medicine or something (I wonder if this is how they smuggle it in). I paid around 50Q (6 dollars) each for the pressed tabs and 100Q (12-13 dollars) for the pure MDMA. The pressed tabs were good, no speed but maybe only 100mg. The gel-caps were great, full MDMA experience with no speed, I'd guess around 125mg.

-A variety of Salvia grows native there, or some other psychoactive plant. the leaves can be smoked for a decent buzz it was growing all over a church courtyard while I was in Antigua, had to pick it and sample the leaves on the recommendations of some friends who knew. It was bright green and purple with a square stalk, looked just like a regular salvia plant but more purple colour.

I'm a pretty experienced drug user and was pretty impressed with what I could get in Guatemala, the prices were not too bad (except the LSD was expensive, but so strong you could split it with a friend or two). Once I got to know someone it was obvious I could get anything I wanted, for a price. DMT, mushrooms, ketamine, blah blah was all available for the same prices (the DMT was actually cheaper) as in Canada.

Obviously you should know a decent connection (spend some time in one spot and get to know the locals) before you try buying hard drugs, otherwise you never know what you'll get. Funny that I hit all the hard drugs but never bothered buying pot while I was down there...I hate not being able to keep up in conversations in spanish haha

clp

Oh man I love talking spanish high! Takes my mind a little bit to get "into it" but once I get going things just flow..
I definetly got offered alot of harder shit but never had the time or was with the right people.
Weed down there can definetly be found, the sun is so bright and everything is so lush that outdoors weed grows incredibly fast. Hope to go down there again soon!

b8man

Veteran
You scored better weed than I did when I was there!

Years ago I went drinking with my Spanish teacher (just a kid really) in Panajachel hearing all the stories of busts near the lake and how everyone just drinks tons instead of smoking. Then it went blurry and all i know is that i woke up with a large trash bag about a quarter full of uncompressed local weed. I still had all my cash so don't really know how I got it. Spent days just sorting it and rolling it into joints. Smoked a fraction of it but enjoyed that energetic, racy, clear sativa buzz. Something special about free weed.

If only I'd had some bubble bags though.....

Great country though. Great, friendly people. Just avoid Guatemala City.

clp

Yea.. Well beer is extrodinarily cheap down there too so I'm sure you and your maestro had a good night :p

By uncompressed local weed was it some dank or? That'd be amazing to just wake up with a trash bag full..
Thats kind of how I felt the entire time though, had an ounce of good dro that I had to get finished in 3 weeks and I wasn't able to smoke that often due to restrictions. We were smoking personal joints every time haha. Pretty awesome - will feel the same when I Crop out my first run :)

.clunk

Heh, the "fruit vending lady" in San Pedro had the best shit from what I was told, usually a few garbage bags of difference grades hanging around.

I enjoyed my time in Guatemala alot but sadly when I got to know more locals, and learn of alot of the horrible crimes the Government is still committing against Indigenous people in the countryside it made me sick, kinda ruined it for me. It's still a great place to see a different culture, and I spent alot of time studying spanish for DIRT cheap, can't really complain at all!

clp

I actually heard about this lady too but I wasn't sure how to find her.
Yes - The racism and intolerance of the Indigenous people in Guatemala and much of Central America is terrible. It has been bred into their culture through years of hate, war, and violence. The stigma towards women is also almost equally as bad down there.
I spent around 3 weeks working and volunteering with the Indigenous population and they are truly some great people. They work incredibly hard and like basically all Guatemalans are extremely friendly.
If you can somehow get a chance to go up to Coban or the rural mountain area's in the highlands (watch out for Malaria :p) then it is totally worth it. Even though they can't speak spanish or english the language up there is love, and they really show it to you.

b8man

Veteran
The stuff I woke up with was crystally, but sun dried and not dense at all. A bit like bush thai or mexican weed. Still, the buzz was there even if the flavor was lacking.

And yeah, bad things happen all the time out there. You can see why drink is so popular. I was travelling through Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Costa Rice, Nicaragua and El Salvador, and every one of those places has nasty stories that make you want to find a safe corner and curl up into a ball. So many bullet holes....

What really surprised me was all the retired Americans smoking crack and selling crappy touristy trinkets. Didn't expect that.

theguruGT

Weed in Guatemala...

Weed in Guatemala...

Hello people.

I've lived in Guatemala most of my life, and of course, pot smoking is extremely taboo here. I cannot smoke a blunt in any type of social gathering without having the room go completely silent. So, here's the deal with marijuana in Guatemala...

There are tons of people who deal and grow here. Most good buds around Guatemala are grown indoor. I've picked up about a half-ounce for about Q1000 (roughly $130), which is not that bad compared to prices in the U.S. The marijuana that I've gotten can be compared to headies and exotics in the U.S. The last half-ounce I picked up was definitely Sour Diesel. My dealer called this bud Sour Jesus (hilarious, I know), but it represented a lot of the features of Sour Diesel. He literally gave me ONE BIG nugget. It seemed as if it was a thick stem directly off the plant. Basically, it was awesome.

Be careful when buying and consuming marijuana in Guatemala. People here sometimes tend to try and rip tourist off by asking them for ridiculous prices. If you're foreign, and wanting bud, always offer your dealer the lowest possible price.

And also, you have to get lucky sometimes. Many dealers sell a lot of bammer weed here for extremely cheap prices. Always be cautious and aware of the marijuana you're about to purchase and consume.

I had a quick question as well that I would like to ask this forum... Especially to anyone who has more knowledge about cannabis in Guatemala.

If I'm buying half an ounce for Q1000 ($130), and I consume .3 to .4 grams of weed every time I get high, am I getting a good deal? Obviously I know that the marijuana I'm getting is awesome, since I get ridiculously high. But is that the right price I should be paying? Some people have told me that I might be getting ripped off. I really have no clue if what I'm paying for my marijuana is a legitimate amount. Should I be paying less?

Thank you all.

clp

Is Sour Jesus a strain? I feel like the many catholics down there would not appreciate you smokin on their savior :p

.clunk

That seems pretty expensive, 1000Q goes a LONG ways in guatemala and I never heard of ANY drug or pot selling for that much, I'd say you should find a new connection.
The "skunk" was the high-grade stuff people were buying and they were paying 250Q an ounce or so, that was a tourist price as well and if you live there you should be getting a better deal!

clp

250Q tourist price? I really don't think so man.. Maybe if you got very lucky and found the right person in the San Pedro area but I was APPROACHED by over 15 different dealers while in Guatemala and basically all were charging 500Q plus for around 7 grams.. If you're a while tourist there is no way you will easily find 250Q ounces....

.clunk

250Q tourist price? I really don't think so man.. Maybe if you got very lucky and found the right person in the San Pedro area but I was APPROACHED by over 15 different dealers while in Guatemala and basically all were charging 500Q plus for around 7 grams.. If you're a while tourist there is no way you will easily find 250Q ounces....
really? The first year I went I found that prices for everything were really, really low, everything from food to booze to drugs - this was the only trip I really bothered asking about buying pot and that was the price I was told. The next year I went back prices for EVERYTHING were really expensive because they had changed governments and also there were less tourists visiting so the economy was hurting a bit, people were desperate to make as much money as possible and even the price of beer had gone up from 14Q in most places to 22-27Q...huge difference! I wonder if the price of ganja has also risen..

clp

I got single 12 oz bottles of the local beer "Gallo" for anywhere from 9Q - 15Q at Tienda's. A Litro De Gallo was around 20Q.
The more tourism that comes to the country the higher prices will go. Costa Rica is overcrowded with tourists so people are now coming to Guatemala more.
As Demand goes up so do prices :)

jakeh

I was in san pedro around 97. I stayed at the hospedej? san francisco. There were 2 plants growing along the fence at the back of the yard that just popped up from someone dropping seeds while rolling a joint. The first time I bought it was from a belizean who pulled a 1/2lb out of a back pack to roll a joint. Not great but cheap. There were many europeans and americans who came for the cheap hard drugs. There was some guy from italy who had 2 people od on heroin in his house he built there. It was towards the end of the civil war and I agree it was a major downer listening to what had happened to the locals. The hotel owner said there were something like village elders that policed the area and as long as no one was violent or caused trouble you were left alone. By far one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

Last I was in Guate(2007) weed was everywhere. Antigua has the usual outdoor indica strains selling as "indoor" for $5/gr, from a rasta in the park. If you can speak fluent you get twice as much.
In San Pedro is where all the weed seemed to be funneling through. Lots of hybrids, tropical fruity sativas, skunks from mexico, mangito, etc. All very nice and stinky if you find something with little seed. Ounces of the regular weed going around were going for $20(seedy shwag)- $40(mexi skunk). certain people get really nice stuff, Look for a crazy old white guy who may or may not be walking these days...he's got the sweeties. zoola is deffinitely the chillest spot with the friendliest peeps and atmosphere, they too have hash,ganja etc. Ya'el the owner is very nice and hooks it up!

I smoked some very distinct licourice sweet pine weed in Lanquin via Panajachel, something I think is worth looking for again.

Around the rio dulce area there is lots of weed to be found as well, though I found it to be of poorer quality mainly due to it being bricked or moldy. Very cheap though: $10 ounce or less?
The rastas in Livingston know how to use this stuff, rolling giant spliffs for each person in the group, no need for passing this as it is very nice to smoke on joints throughout the day while at a waterfall or on a beach somewhere. I really enjoyed the high of these jungle sativas and the smoke was very smooth.

Really the best weed I had in Guate was given to me by my spanish teacher in Antigua. It was Punta Roja, just a little bit, maybe a gram with no viable seeds. He said it was some really amazing personal stash from a friend of his, I noted that...
It was bright green with red hairs,lots of leaf but deffinitely crystally. It smelled of citrus, hash, a little pine. pleasant.
I smoked it in a split chicle rapper with an artisania in the streets one evening, and it was the most intense maryjane experience I've had to date. :jawdrop:Super panic inducing, heart racing, head floating off into space and not coming back, dizzying( head buzzing), body tingling feeling of lightness and excelleration. I didn't last in the streets for more than 30 min and I was off in a b-line for mi casa! The high was exactly what I've been looking for in an extreme cannabis experience, everything I like and everthing I don't, a real trip and amazing.set and setting is important for these types!

what have people been getting around on spending these days in Guatemala? Is it still possible to live on $15 in San Pedro?:joint: