What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If the Current Rate of Mass Shootings (with Double Digit Casualties) Continues ???

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Saw an article an Zero Hedge. Some guy was arrested for possessing a 3D printed Lower, assembled into a complete short barrel rifle.

There was another article, 39 shootings with 4 or more casualties in 2019.

I don't try to keep track of all of them. The "10 or more" is admittedly arbitrary.

I'm not sure the 3D printed lower was completely functional. The take-down pins, the 2 1/4 inch diameter pins that hold the upper to the lower - Jeez, they come out even on the metal lowers.

If the 3D printed lower is good for 500 rounds, well it's hard to put that dog back in the cage.

Semi-auto laws are enforced by requiring that the core lower chassis be shipped to a firearms dealer.

All the parts, including, the upper, the trigger action, the stock, can be bought via mail order to most addresses in the US.

Attachments

• 3d-lower-receiver2.jpg
    3d-lower-receiver2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 25

'Boogieman'

lol meanwhile multiple locations in indiana are named some of the most dangerous locations in the US

Gary Indiana was the murder capitol of the US for a long time. You would have to go there to understand why, it's a Chicago suburb and drug trafficking hot spot. Im a 50 minute drive from Chicago, and a 20 minute drive from Gary but nobody has ever been shot or killed in my town. In high crime cities gun violence goes up, and gun laws only make it worse for law abiding citizens.

packerfan79

Veteran
The US has had mass shootings with double-digit casualties an average of every 2 months, since the Las Vegas shootings.

The most recent ones being the shooting at the Synagogue in Pennsylvania, and at the Bar in California. The last weekend in October 2018, first weekend in November.

So now it's been 3 months since the last one.

I'm just wondering, how do you guys think this will play out ?

Will the increased rate of high-casualty mass shootings continue ?

I think it will because, there's nothing to indicate that the US is about to have a Kumbaya moment. i.e. I expect More of the Same, which means things continue as they have since October 2017.

It's not like the US economy is getting any stronger. As far as I can tell, the general public is getting more desperate. One metric there is the Record Auto Loan Delinquencies.

I guess a lot of people loan-financed new cars since 2009, mostly because they needed new cars.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/car-lo...-behind-on-car-loan-payments-red-report-says/

Then ... firearms laws ? What do you think will happen there ?

I think more and more states will tighten up. Oregon's AB43 is one example.

They tried to make Oregon's laws stricter than California's, in one fell swoop. That did not make it on to the ballot. Thank God.

However, I think the end result is that owning AR15's & AR10's is going to get more difficult, in more states.

It's a cultural problem, laws don't change people's internal struggles that lead to anger, and a desire to inflict pain and suffering on the world. It's simple, a real solution unfortunately is not.

The level of SSRI treatment, and the correlation in mass shooters is definitely something worth studying.Big pharma will undoubtedly stop any study that potentially paints them in a negative light.

The assault rifle hysteria is interesting, since the vast majority of murders are committed with handguns (ability of concealment). It's shows the power of visual information.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I would bet that every single person (especially the younger kids) who do these shootings are on a prescription anti-depressant.

I'd bet a lot and give high odds. LOL

packerfan79

Veteran
I would bet that every single person (especially the younger kids) who do these shootings are on a prescription anti-depressant.

I'd bet a lot and give high odds. LOL

The crazy thing is a dr. Gives you a prescription that has a side effect that's worse than the condition it treats.your sad and depressed, take this new wonder drug that makes a portion of the users suicidal. Wtf. Maybe we should be figuring out why everyone is depressed, and not shoveling pills down their throat.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Trump declaring an "emergency" to try to build a useless wall is going to give the Democrats an excuse to try to shove more anti-gun/unconstitutional restrictions on law-abiding gun owners. Pelosi has already said as much. next Democratic President is going to do the exact same thing Trump is doing; use the precedent he is trying to set and proclaim "gun violence" a national emergency & pass the most restrictive laws that they think the Supreme Court can stomach. Trump used to be a Democrat; i'm starting to wonder if he is still a Democrat. he has nearly destroyed the GOPs standing in the eyes of many Republicans, and now he is giving far-left Democrats cover to "do something, ANYTHING" about "gun violence". thanks, asshole, for fucking nothing...:moon:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The crazy thing is a dr. Gives you a prescription that has a side effect that's worse than the condition it treats.your sad and depressed, take this new wonder drug that makes a portion of the users suicidal. Wtf. Maybe we should be figuring out why everyone is depressed, and not shoveling pills down their throat.

i agree, but there is more money in pills than cures, and LOTS more control...which is also why big pharma hates weed so much.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
According to the AMA, 4 out of 10 people in the USA are on anti-depressants. 8.5 out of 10 are on some kind of daily prescription med.

8.5 out of 10. Damn, that's capturing the market. LMAO Wish I had 85 percent of my market when I was in business. LOL My market was 161 billion dollars a year. LOL

Yep, way too much money in prescription drugs.

On a related note, if you regularly have blood work done, and your Dr said you were "pre-diabetic" or your cholesterol was high and it never was before... be very careful of the results. Many regions are changing the "reference range" to make you take pills.

The reference range is the 'bar'. They lowered the bar to sell more drugs.

It's all about making you afraid.

St. Phatty

i·at·ro·gen·ic

Dictionary result for iatrogenic

adjective

relating to illness caused by medical examination or treatment.

"drugs may cause side effects which can lead to iatrogenic disease"

The US economy is dependent on health care revenues from Iatrogenic conditions.

i.e. Injure the Patient, so that colleagues can raid their bank account.

The dentist that gave me the tooth infection that damaged 10 to 15 of my teeth, is still practicing.

Several of his colleagues are aware that he has a history of dangerous infectiousness.

None of them reported him.

I'm the only one that reported him.

The state dental board lets him continue to practice.

The repair bill, for about 12 root canals, will be about $14,400.

That's $14.4K for treating a condition that is 100% iatrogenic.

In Europe, when a doctor injures a patient, they treat the matter differently.

This situation - where American doctors are at liberty to injure patients with impunity - is unique to US.

I could only characterize it as negative productivity, in the American medical industry.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump declaring an "emergency" to try to build a useless wall is going to give the Democrats an excuse to try to shove more anti-gun/unconstitutional restrictions on law-abiding gun owners. Pelosi has already said as much. next Democratic President is going to do the exact same thing Trump is doing; use the precedent he is trying to set and proclaim "gun violence" a national emergency & pass the most restrictive laws that they think the Supreme Court can stomach. Trump used to be a Democrat; i'm starting to wonder if he is still a Democrat. he has nearly destroyed the GOPs standing in the eyes of many Republicans, and now he is giving far-left Democrats cover to "do something, ANYTHING" about "gun violence". thanks, asshole, for fucking nothing...:moon:

and the democrats will use charts n' graphs that even a simple minded cocksucker like tRump would understand.

LgH7gSY.png

okay, to be sure there are more than a handful of those deaths that can be attributed to illegal immigrats, but MOST are legit citizens killing legit citizens of the usa.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
My sister was killed at 49 years old during routine liposuction. The doctor was all fucked up on pain pills and cut into her liver by accident. Since he knew if he dialed 911 he would have to be drug tested he let her die on the table. It was his 3rd or 4th drug offense. He had been sued twice before for malpractice.

He is still practicing and my sister is still dead.

Less than a year later, my brother was overdosed with Haldol buy a nurse and died from a resulting cardiac arrest.

Needless to say, my Mother was devastated.

No one was ever punished for anything...... except my Mother. I think my Sister's surgeon was fined. Dr Brian Davies

Badfishy1

Stricter gun laws= more violence
Criminals will ALWAYS have guns. Rarely does this shit happen in right to carry states. The muh shawk comes from the Zionist media who prefer chaos over order and muh feels over rationale

'Boogieman'

and the democrats will use charts n' graphs that even a simple minded cocksucker like tRump would understand.

View Image

okay, to be sure there are more than a handful of those deaths that can be attributed to illegal immigrats, but MOST are legit citizens killing legit citizens of the usa.

Most gun violence is from drug/gang activity in bigger cities, many of these cities have strict gun laws. Normal law abiding citizens rarely get involved in gun violence. Legalizing all drugs would probably cut down gun crime significantly, anybody who wants drugs can get them so it's really not a bad idea.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a cultural problem, laws don't change people's internal struggles that lead to anger, and a desire to inflict pain and suffering on the world. It's simple, a real solution unfortunately is not.

The assault rifle hysteria is interesting, since the vast majority of murders are committed with handguns (ability of concealment). It's shows the power of visual information.

This is the SECOND time PF has said something I don't think is stupid.
America has a cultural problem that causes mass shootings.
I'm fascinated by the assault STYLE rifle hysteria...I'm not on the side of banning weapons, and I cannot get over the fact that there are groups that would lead the charge against a rifle that looks mean over handguns. Bizarre
#democratslovegunstoo

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually, it's just nature's way of thinning the herd. The weaker animals can not avoid the predators so they die. Too damn many people on this planet for the available resources anyway. If it were up to me, I would design a virus that would kill about half the people. However, the best way to effectively to that would only be if the virus was IQ selective. Anyone under 100 IQ..... in the pit. I figure 100 would be a nice mark. I prefer about 125 but there would only be a handful of people left.

I am pretty sure that any animal growing up in the wild would say, pretty much the same thing. Nature is violent and humans are no exception.

Gun violence is nature's way of thinning the herd?
And animals talk?
Not sure you would make the final cut after the IQ virus is unleashed there pal!:biggrin:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
You can't understand animals when they talk??? Really. Maybe I am special. I thought everyone could understand animals when the speak.

Nature uses whatever resources are available. Sometimes the drive is for food. Sometimes for sex. Sometimes for power (alpha). In the case of humans nature uses passion to thin the herd. Makes perfect sense to me. An animal will use it's teeth or claws. Humans use the resource available to them. Brains [questionably] and a thumb to cock the hammer. You need to step out of your human box and look at it from an alien perspective.

And, the planet where I come from we don't measure superiority by IQ. We use penis size. ;)

Brother Nature

There are twice the rate of gun related suicides than homicides, seems like it's more related to mental health than anything else. Care of the people would probably be a good place to start making adjustments.

St. Phatty

You can't understand animals when they talk??? Really. Maybe I am special. I thought everyone could understand animals when the speak.

I think with animals it's very context sensitive.

My cat says about 1 word, most of the time. Sounds like a half meow, "Meh". That's his "affirmation" sound.

It means he sees me, he's happy, he wants some food.

Very context sensitive.

I wish I could have recorded the sound a favorite chicken made after one of her sisters was eaten. Like a cello playing a sad note.

Just one sound, but the left-over chicken was obviously sad and scared, and calling out to me to let me know where she was.

She was the only bird I've had die of old age. Got to be about 6 1/2.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Brother's really right. It's all about mental health, not guns.

If there were no weapons at all, teeth and claws would come back into play.

Latest posts

Latest posts