What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mbdz's ...~Bright Side of the Moon~...

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Been a minute

Been a minute

Since I have posted up a good update... Had a little more than I had planned going on lately.

So since this morning I have been working on transplants.. decided to transplant seedlings over to 3 gallon grow bags. Hoping that I can find the time to squeeze them all in and done by tomorrow morning or night by absolute latest. The 3 seedlings that suffered over watering are coming back strong and starting to take off...

The Cinderella 99's are really starting to turn into legit bushes and the 2 in the 3 gallon containers are completely maxed out and in line with being root bound... Gonna transfer them over to 7 gals...

Good news on my Orange Cheddar beans, all 5 germinated and are looking like they will be strong plants! So I am hoping to get my "flip on" as soon as the seedlings that I had transplanted over to 3 gals from solo's start to take off good. Damn I am excited!

This round odor control had become a number one priority for SURE! I know its overkill and that's what I want is overkill on odor lol, but I am planning on scrubbing my closed room with 2 440cfm 6 inch fans and phresh filters and adding and additional 8 inch fan and phresh scrubber in conjunction the two... I am even gonna go as far as throwing another in the lung room "walkway" as well... From now on,
my grows shall be completely odorless.

Cindy

picture.php

picture.php

Transplants in progress

picture.php

Overview of the room

picture.php

MountainBudz

You can see the Cindy in the 3 gallon bags in the 2nd pic are starting to become rootbound by the coloration and look of the leaves... the newest growth. It's time to switch those 2 to 7 gals and she will be in her final resting home!

The first Cindy pic is in a 5 gallon smartpot, that's where she will stay.

MountainBudz

Here is Cannarado's Orange Cheddar fems... 5 of 5 sprouted, and strong at that... This pic was taken 3 days ago, they have grown a good bit since then.

picture.php

MountainBudz

nice start, nice gear, nice genetics!

Thanks man... I am looking for some keepers to keep around this run, I have a good feeling that I will find a a couple. Maybe more? Love the hell out of seed runs, they are oh so surprising! :tiphat:

MountainBudz

Great selections and your plants are looking happy. Bet you find some keepers.

Hey Starke, thanks man.. I hope I find a few worth keeping, I'm like you, I believe I will find at least a few... 3 or 4, be nice if more :biggrin:

But one thing for sure, if I do find any keepers, I need to be finding me a place to "keep" them lol... Need to get started on a veg area asap. Would just hate to cut my flower room short by doing so, but I gotta have that. All there is to it.

MountainBudz

Hey guys... Long ass time, no update and I apologize as I have had sooo much going on in life lately and have not really been online to update my thread.

So for now, let's see where we are at...

I just flipped to 12/12 :biggrin:... I ended up vegging the plants way wayyy too long, much more than I anticipated so basically my room is packed beyond the max. I had removed around 9 males total which is an insanely good ratio, considering the total amount of plants I am running. I also removed a few of the weaker, not so great growing females as well to make more room, maybe 5 total? So they didn't make the cut.

I plan on putting in an automatic top drip system pretty soon, I am excited for that as watering this many plants by hand is back breaking to the fucking core. I'm so tired of doing it and my life is busier now than it used to be, so I don't have as much time to attend to the gals as I once did.

I plan on updating with pics later tonight, so stop back by and check them out if you please :tiphat:...

All comments and questions are welcome!

starke

Even though I'm in Hempy buckets and only growing six plants I converted to an auto top watering system for my current grow. Tired of hand watering on hands and knees with a wand. You will like it.

MountainBudz

So here are those tiny seedlings today...

So here are those tiny seedlings today...

They are just a few days into 12/12... Multiple strains, clones, but most are from seed. Although I have managed to keep the canopy pretty even by topping and light training, they are still over vegged for the size of my room. Welcome to the jungle baby!...

I will continue to apply training techniques as I go, everything from bending, tying, twisting, pulling, etc... Whatever I have to do to keep them as low as possible and out of those lights. This is also the first time I have ever ran open hoods (removed the glass). I only have 3 of my 4 lights going as of now. In a week or so I am going to flip on the 4th light and spread the plants on out forward just a hair.... I like to save on electricity when I can lol.

It already smells dank to high heavens in there, I am ordering me a few tyvek suits/chemical suits to wear when I am working in the room. I am playing out this grow 100% as stealthy as I possibly can. By the end of this week, I would like to have my automated drip irrigation system put in, a couple new fans and filters to throw in there to scrub the room (probably go with two 8 or 10 inch fans/phresh filters). Those are my main two goals right now.

I managed to get a few shots of the girls yesterday evening, right before and right at lights on. First time they have EVER seen the darkness in like 2 to 3 months lol. Everything looks so vigorous and healthy under the camera flash and normal lighting, crazy how much the HPS throw them off...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry for the last sideways picture... not sure why some do that and some don't.

Enjoy!

MountainBudz

I can't never get a full room photo, but that's about a third of it in the pics... it's just awkward in my room and very hard to get everything included.

MountainBudz

I am expecting a*HUGE*yield*out of this room...*

These plants, at the numbers I have and as big as they are, should probably not be attempted to get flowered out by a novice, that's for sure. And I sure ain't saying that I am an expert, but I am going to have to do a whole*HELL*of lot of work*to keep them tame and from growing into those lights. It's taken me years of skill to get to the point to where I am at now, being able to control such vigorous and large plants at such a high number... I can't say that I enjoy it, at all, but I can handle it.. It wasn't my intentions to let them veg that long. But it's okay.

I am looking forward to these strains, I have some fire in there that is for sure... One of the Orange Cheddars I have going from Cannarado has had trichs on the leaves since about a week after she was born. Honestly the most triched out vegetating plant I have seen in 18 years... The stem rubs on the orange cheddar leave some nice, stinky, arm pit odor, rotting citrus, onion and cheesey smells on the fingers... maybe a touch of baby poo as well*...yesss...*

The orange cheddar is -Chem D/Cheese xOrange Cookies-*so you already know why I picking up those scents on a stem fondling!

I know that having too many large plants cramped into an area or space, does not necessarily mean that your gonna get a larger yield, but I am going to make it happen... Train each plant to intertwine and vibe/flow together, training and pruning as I go, to insure that that they each individually get their maximum amount of light. Same as they would if they were spaced out not even touching one another. I am shooting for around 2 plus per light, with 4 lights that will be 8 plus lbs.

I just got a few brand new 315w cmh's that I might end up adding 2 of those as well, as long as I can manage temps. I would put one in between the 2 rear 1000 watt hps lights, then squeeze one inbetween the front 2 1000 watters as well. May be over kill but I have a good feeling about it! We have to try these things in order to know for sure, cant go by whether it has worked for Tom, Dick or Harry... We have to learn on our own experiences.

:tiphat:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It looks like a lot of nice tops and it’s all about putting in the time so here is to a frosty tasty future. I don’t think you can go wrong adding the cmh, I have had quality improvements with the hps/cmh combo.

MountainBudz

It looks like a lot of nice tops and it’s all about putting in the time so here is to a frosty tasty future. I don’t think you can go wrong adding the cmh, I have had quality improvements with the hps/cmh combo.

Yeah the tops are solid, close internodes, very top vigorous. I shaved their legs up really good a couple of times already. I want all solid tops across the entire grow area.... no bottom buds whatsoever.

I am definitely putting in a lot of time with em..

I have heard that about the cmh's and i took your advice on that is why I got em, as long as my minisplit can handle those temps well, I'm game. I'm sure it can though... Its just that I can't raise my lights anymore than they are right now and I'm gonna have hard enough time keeping them away from lights as is... I will probably attempt it as long as my girls dont show any signs of light bleaching or issues with the heat.

Didn't you say you seen a significant gain in both quality and yield??

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah the tops getting both spectrums will be the most dense and that adds up in weight and they will look and smell good. The cmh is good to about 1 foot away with no worries. 8 seems very doable.

MountainBudz

Yeah the tops getting both spectrums will be the most dense and that adds up in weight and they will look and smell good. The cmh is good to about 1 foot away with no worries. 8 seems very doable.

When should I add the CMH's? I dont really wanna run them the entire run, so I was thinking either the first half of flower, or finishing them off with em, like the last 3 weeks or so while they are bulking and finishing up pushing out their good stuff...

I have a really good feeling I am gonna find some keepers in this run, the seeds I am running that I found in the buds of my old keepers, the bruce banner 2.0, crumbled lime and the Corey stardawg x ky roadkill skunk are all killing it in the vigor department right now. The stank is horrible good on the stem rubs of all phenos, especially that Corey x rks. I bet that was meant to happen, hopefully it is a road kill pheno... that would make my day and all days to come!

I thought about running some more copper chem, my last run I had 3 phenos, one was insane in the potency and odor department... It made 4 different people vomit they got so high off of it and they weren't newbies either. There is fire to be found in the copper chemd from GPS. Especially if you need ya a good stud to work with and make some beans

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
If you are just trying to run them for a few weeks I would try from the end of stretch to the last week. I just hang a bare bulb in the center right at the height of the best tops Seed runs are the best, here is to finding that special one. Are you just going to reveg the best ones?

MountainBudz

If you are just trying to run them for a few weeks I would try from the end of stretch to the last week. I just hang a bare bulb in the center right at the height of the best tops Seed runs are the best, here is to finding that special one. Are you just going to reveg the best ones?

I will throw a couple in there at the end of stretch then and see how it works out. By next run, I hope to be organized enough to run at least 2 along with the 4 HPS throughout the entire grow. How long does the c99 like to stretch out? 2 weeks? 3?

Thanks man, I hope to God that I find at least a few keepers. A couple would be nice. And yes, I plan on revegging if I find something worth keeping. Its not too late to take and refrigerate cuttings though I guess if I wanted to.