What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The Secret Lab Hidden Inside a Famous Monument

The Monument is one of London’s most famous landmarks, even giving its name to a local Tube stop. But this tribute to London’s greatest fire also has a secret second use – as a giant piece of scientific equipment.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...de-a-famous-monument?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Maybe stairs (apples and pears) and stars is a might bit o cockney.

Awright geeezzaa! there yew go. Aw Sorted mate. Blimey! i' was a joke.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Some of the most beautiful corals in the world going away fast. An entire ecosystem dying.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Human Ancestors Were Nearly All Vegetarians

Paleolithic diets have become all the rage, but are they getting our ancestral diet all wrong?

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...arly-all-vegetarians?utm_source=pocket-newtab

There were big F'in dinosaurs that could eat humans back when we developed. Take a look at our teeth to see if we developed as a plant or meat eater.

And as for the oceans, the japs are about to dump all that fukushima radiation water into the pacific.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Human Ancestors Were Nearly All Vegetarians

Paleolithic diets have become all the rage, but are they getting our ancestral diet all wrong?

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...arly-all-vegetarians?utm_source=pocket-newtab

ancient humans ate whatever they could find/collect/kill. way too many sites with bison/mammoth bones & flint tools intermixed for me to believe that we were primarily vegetarians. more like bears IE opportunistic omnivores. our eyes location on our skulls tell the story. predators/omnivores have eyes on the front of the skull, primarily plant eaters on the sides. one for focusing on prey, one for watching for predators...

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ancient humans ate whatever they could find/collect/kill. way too many sites with bison/mammoth bones & flint tools intermixed for me to believe that we were primarily vegetarians. more like bears IE opportunistic omnivores. our eyes location on our skulls tell the story. predators/omnivores have eyes on the front of the skull, primarily plant eaters on the sides. one for focusing on prey, one for watching for predators...

Like chimpanzees who are opportunistic meat consumers but mostly eat vegetation. Hunger is a great motivator for new hunting-gathering techniques.
I think the west coast peoples are a prime example of humans taking advantage of a wide variety of food types.
They could easily survive on the lush vegetation and shellfish alone but hunted deer, fish and even some whales. I believe they left bears and some water mammals alone, as they recognized a common bond. Something not carried by the invading Europeans.