What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal GN

RasTarzan

Veteran
More like Caribbean NLDs could be the descendants of either indian or african landraces from early on. :biggrin:

Vibes.
Zamal is a very nice landraces mix, is there not a few Lebanese in it?

We see better the structure in this picture, "snake style"!
picture.php

idiit

Veteran
^ Very nice. true nld phenos. I've gotten many nld zamals out of fritzman's repro but all the purple indicating phenos so far have wld looking influence.

the slightly wld influenced p zams smoke almost all head, minimal body. two smoked very sweet and delicious. high is great, potent, pretty and delicious. ironically, for commercial strains these might do just fine.

I like RasTarzan's pz pic. a lot. gots to work wid what I got; hermie free for outdoor commercial strains is a big plus.

I don't care about purple for personal smoke, just for commercial bag appeal.

picture.php

RasTarzan

Veteran
Thanks Idiit:tiphat:
Is it the Zamal from BSC on this pic? It don't look the same, pure zamal have very fine leafs, fine heads too.
I love this taste too, it's like a tropical fruit cream, same type of taste with Lambsbread or Mangobich. This is a perfect day smoke, good to use it for hard works.

All Zamal plants i grew turn purple, here is 48°N sometime it can be very cold but zamal is always very resistant!

Here is an other Zamal suposed to be mangue carotte, when grow indoor it need 3 month to start flower, just to start.

This was in a greenhouse with snow on the roof.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All the best

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
Is it the Zamal from BSC on this pic?

yes. the phenos with first true seedling leaves show purple undersides as well as meristem and petioles purple. these are not true nld but smoke like nld. for commercial strains i'm wanting fat chewy buds so it's something I can use but no purple buds which is what I wanted.

I've run pepper, carrot phenos from the same stock from fritzman gn zamal reproduction that were true nld.

Kush_Kloud

Hi Ras Tarzan your grow pictures always amaze me. :) Great job! Which Malawi Gold did you use? Afropips, African seeds, SOA, or Malberry? Also im curious to know what aromas are you getting?

KK

Zitz

Cant get enough of that "rainbow" Zamal Ras, were these grown in a greenhouse?
Nice results for 48N. :tiphat:

BluesHarp

Love this thread. Zamal is so intriguing and mysterious. Has any grown USC's Double Zamal. The price is very reasonable so I'll have to grab a few packs for the vault.

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hi my bro ras tarzan ;)

I did not see this thread, always a good job bro

on my side i always work on zamal, maybe some limited editions of cross zamal, can be a return of the zamalxPCK ...
to see in the future ;)

best vibes

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Jah bro' ,

It's good to see you back!...I still remember your Double Zamal, now that was THE shit, real deal psychedelic weed!...I miss you and your amazing grows!...And i just figured out i still had to answer your PM at the other place, i'm gonna do it soon ;)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
We tried to find proper males within an old original packet that a friend of mine kept frozen but it was the same. The past year we even popped some F5 and F7 from ShadaX along with those too, with the hope to find firm males but all were intersex. I guess this is what happens when you get forced to preserve a cultivar using hermie prone plants.

I keep a fantastic P1 female though, great potency, great terpenes, good production, reasonable flowering time and beautiful purple colors. Doing some breeding projects with her at the moment. I'm testing her indoors this winter as well, will post pics later on:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Donald Mallard has been growing a huge female outdoors this past seasons, hopefully he will post some pictures of that monster soon.

On the other hand, there are plenty other Reunionese and Mauritius lines around... I've been gathering some other landraces from Mafate, Cilaos, St Anne, Bois D'Olive and some other traditional villages. It's going to be fun for sure.

Vibes.
had trouble with the male too musta ,
was a freaky auto intersexed thing ,

the girl i kept showed a few banana flowers when grown out of season also , but she went a lovely purple and i didnt notice any seed ...

heres a few pics of the zamal ive grown ..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Looks delicious.. I still have few beans but not much expectation. Not sure if I wanna keep seeking stuff from the area, or focus on columbians or indian stuff. Looking for that stuff that makes your soul glow like god just walked in the room and blessed your vessel with healing of mind body and spirit lol.

G

I remember growing zamal from the gn02 collection?

Grown indoors,
The girl i got produced 100s if not 1000s of tiny little leafy flowers with a good coating of crystals that when vaped in the volcano sent you into orbit.
Would love to start my last few seed but i feel they may not germ..:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts