What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban poison smoke report

MountZionCollec

Durban poison

Harvested end of September/early October.

Smell: difficult to describe, none of the phenos are crazy stinky but all had a refined sweet smell, with a touch of licorice anise earthy slight piney/tea.

Taste: much more strong and in your face then the smell.

Potency: ~ 19%. They were not the top colas or the upper mid level colas but more like middle colas that received good light.

7:45 woke up an hour ago, feel empty of feelings but not in a bad way.

7:49 volcano bag .5 grams flower at 420 degrees. First sensations are sense of euphoria/energy flowing through my body. Heart begins to beat faster, my heart beats per minute have increase by 10.

7:52 high has climaxed. The feeling is pure energy.

7:55 zero sense of heaviness or lag.

8:00 smoking 2nd bag with fresh flowers.

8:07 just finished bag and high has gone to another level. Heart rate has increased by another ~10 beats. The feeling is the same as before just heightened.

8:09 my breathing has slowed down and I feel as though I am getting more out of each breathe.

8:10 any feeling in the body is magnified (not good for pain)

8:14 I have reached peak of this bag. Strong feeling in/around head feels mildly wobbly.

8:16 high is not hazy or trippy it is the opposite, intensely aware like in mid meditation. Feelings are 100% clean, no drag just pure.

8:35 finished 3rd bag of fresh flowers. Feelings on throat and lungs are smoothe and enjoyable. It puts "pressure" on the lungs but they feel expanded during/after.

8:37 When I move I feel every little bit of the process. The breath is slow, the world has slowed down, the high has gone to another level.

8:55 the high has peaked (peaked earlier failed to note, also final bag did not increase heart rate). I am open to anything and feel as though I can do anything, Durban fills you with energy and let's you do as you wish.

10:55 have been performing farm work and going about my morning. 2 hours has passed since last smoking and the high feels about 1/4-1/3 the strength.

12:26 high is almost entirely gone, just light remnants.

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Sounds like the durban I got years ago, shoveled 8 inches of snow at 4 in the morning after a spliff and loved it (I hate shoveling snow) then couldn't sleep for a couple hours later.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Nice to see Durban Poison still getting some time under the sun/lights. Not too many run her anymore. Im about to start some skunkmans Durban Poison x Skunk1 cuts. Thanks for the write up! -cap

MountZionCollec

Dutch passion.

All of the Dutch based Durban poison (early flowering anise smelling) come from Sam the skunkmans stock from his breeding in California in the 70s. Sensi, nirvana, Dutch passion. Sam says his was pure South African that he bred from 100 seeds from a seeded pound and that it was early flowering from the beginning. Next year I will grow sensi's as well to see which is better at my location.

Dr.King

Veteran
Dutch passion.

All of the Dutch based Durban poison (early flowering anise smelling) come from Sam the skunkmans stock from his breeding in California in the 70s. Sensi, nirvana, Dutch passion. Sam says his was pure South African that he bred from 100 seeds from a seeded pound and that it was early flowering from the beginning. Next year I will grow sensi's as well to see which is better at my location.

lol Dutch strains where here long before Sam was here. He is a good breeder none the less I take nothing away from him. Let's be real though cannabis has been around for a long time. Longer then we have record of but people just can't admit it. Cannabis was even talked about and used way back in B.C. times.

"A Chinese treatise on pharmacology attributed to the Emperor Shen Nung and alleged to date from 2737 B.C. contains what is usually cited as the earliest reference to marijuana. According to one tradition, it was Shen Nung who first taught his people to value cannabis as a medicine.1 Shen Nung, however, was a mythical figure, and the treatise was compiled much later than 2737 B.C."

http://www.ukcia.org/research/cunion/cu53.htm

MountZionCollec

Dr king actually Dutch seeds weren't really around before Sam got there, or what they had was very limited... and there certainly wasn't any Durban poison. Well worked strains do not fall from the sky. If they didn't come from Sam who brought them out?

SoaringHi

Yes, historically the Chinese and Dutch as a culture bred Cannabis before Sam the Skunkman was even born. No one believes that Sam invented Cannabis The point you are missing is he was at the forefront of MODERN cannabis breeding, a pioneer if you will.

lol Dutch strains where here long before Sam was here. He is a good breeder none the less I take nothing away from him. Let's be real though cannabis has been around for a long time. Longer then we have record of but people just can't admit it. Cannabis was even talked about and used way back in B.C. times.

"A Chinese treatise on pharmacology attributed to the Emperor Shen Nung and alleged to date from 2737 B.C. contains what is usually cited as the earliest reference to marijuana. According to one tradition, it was Shen Nung who first taught his people to value cannabis as a medicine.1 Shen Nung, however, was a mythical figure, and the treatise was compiled much later than 2737 B.C."

http://www.ukcia.org/research/cunion/cu53.htm

Kaskadian

Veteran
Thanks for sharing the detailed report! Durban is one of my all time favorite strains; it's hard to beat the energy that you get from it.

Latest posts

Latest posts