What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Vibes

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[YOUTUBEIF]DX4DK_juVvU [/YOUTUBEIF]

Good Vibes to all, and to all a Good Vibe
picture.php

Ok, so I have received enough questions and comments about this cut ("2013 Good Vibes", 2013 denotes the year the seed was germinated) to go ahead and start a thread... this thread will be to back track and go over the brief history comprising the making of the variety... and to document the continuing breeding that is going into the line. 100% accurate linage will be provided once S1s, F2s and crosses have been made and tested... at which time there is a 90% chance the original '13 GV cut will be shared as well. Depending on the results of the breeding. So right now, I am the only one with this cut and it will not be shared right away... though it is not about hoarding and more about preventing anyone interested in acquiring cuts or seeds from getting ripped off by less than scrupulous individuals who will say they have something they don't, so until such things are ready and done properly It will be a private cut and the lineage kept a secret... but stay tuned and follow along to learn more.

the beginning, making the cross... (5/26/15- EDIT: this cross is now Code Named - Kokomo v1.1)
what has been shared to date (the pictures) is known as the "2013 Good Vibes" cut, among friends and family the buds are simply called the vibes. Good Vibes is an individual cut of a phenotype I call "angel breath" found in a Sativa x Kush cross I made. It all originates in 2011 when I was growing out a kush variety that I noted to be very homogeneous for the look, smell, taste and potency of the the flowers. The strongest smelling plant turned out male and because I knew the reputation for this particular strain plus the homogeny I observed I decided I would use his pollen to make some seeds.

at the time that he needed to be removed from the rest of my females I had a few extra female cuttings and used them to receive his pollen... the one resulting in the cross that led to the good vibes cut was a result of the kush male pollinating a Sativa dominant hashplant that is the best specimen I have seen of that particular variety with smooth, expansive, good tasting smoke and a strong biphasic high that starts out cerebral and euphoric then transitions into a sedated super stone.

the females from the kush line are some of the best kush's I have had like many OG's but frostier, with more complex terpene profiles and stronger than most OG's as well.

growing the cross, 2012 Angel Breath
In 2012 was when I started the first batch of seeds, and right away there was a clear stand out keeper amazing smells of honeysuckle and dank... sweet and sour dank artificial flower smells combined with sharp soapy male body wash notes and really sweet doughy backend... sweet musky and so heavenly the only thing I could imagine was the breath of an angel so that is what I called it. The 2012 angel breath cut was super frosty so strong smelling and it was quite possibly the STICKIEST weed I have ever encountered. the best part was that the smell transferred perfectly into the taste and the high was inspirational while potent it was easy to maintain a functional level if I only took a few hits off of a joint... half a joint and Id be lost in quiet contemplation zoned out for a good couple hours... probably some of my favorite smoke ever, right up there with all the Chems. this cut, 2012 Angel Breath (Good Vibes sibling) signifies and embodies the angel breath phenotype of which the 2013 Good Vibes cut is a variant of. The 2012 AB cut is gone though, but with the remaining 200 plus F1 seeds I still have... I don't doubt I will find another AB cut as well as an updated/superior Good Vibes cut as well. e.g. 2014 Good Vibes, 2015 Good Vibes etc. etc.

----------------------

more on the 2013 Good Vibes including pics, the current state of affairs in regards to breeding and future plans for the project in a minute, I just need to get me some coffee, take a little break and I will be right back. stay tuned.

pull up a chair and feel free to leave any questions or comments even if you just wanna post that you are following along, it is much appreciated.

spreading the Good Vibes!

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2013 Good Vibes
in 2013 I started more of the F1 seeds... I had some issues in the grow and I ended up putting the plants outdoor late in the season just to get some bud from them... and about four weeks into flowering with the heavy resin already flowing and that dank floral cologne smell tale tale sign of the angel breath phenotype emerging I knew I had to keep it... it was denser and whiter looking than the original '12 Angel Breath also.

I ended up picking it early just to ensure that I had success in the reveg... still the buds were frosty and loud and delicious, with that same angel breath smell (dank, super floral, cologne) just slightly dampened compared to the 2012 Angel Breath and accompanied by sharp lime OG notes finishing with that doughy smell. again the taste transfers over perfectly from the smell and the head is quick and potent... the high from the outdoor buds was happy and very uplifting/meditative many moments of insight and understanding, new creative ideas flow easily and at times it would seems like I was explaining things to myself... smoking this is lots of fun and is always perma grin inducing. Feeling bad is not one of the options when puffing the good vibes, hence me naming it that.

2013 Good vibes, last years outdoor picked early...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2013 Good Vibes, first indoor run
the reveg went smoothly... I had transplanted the plant into a larger container just filled with what I had on hand at the time just a mix of FFOF and happy frog. I had just planned on taking cuttings and killing the reveg seed plant but was waiting for some other plants in the room to get healthier. after so long and having issues with the other plants the reveg mother was huge and over grown and I needed to get something into flower asap so I just threw it in there wild and untrained as she was being a reveg.

I didn't lollypop them or anything, I did some light pruning and took clones about 2-3 weeks in the flowering cycle. but it was totally scraggly and non optimal as far as yield and avoiding larf. the whole grow was done with water only organics... with an occasional top dressing and molasses with enzymes... definitely not pushing it this run haha. so the performance could be greatly enhanced and will be over the next couple runs

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

ended up yielding between 5-6 ounces and virtually no larf, all nugs... while some may have been quite small... were still just as frosty tight and quality as the rest. very easy to trim as well.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice work mate

thanks Sativa Breather, good to have ya in the thread.

indoor, 2013 Good Vibes drying

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

in the name of honesty and for the sake of transparency, as I could have easily just not mentioned it and given a report based on the previous outdoor run...

this is the only part of the grow that had a hitch, the most impotent part... the drying phase, and it was because my A/C was down and I had 100f+ temperatures to contend with... my buds didn't stand a chance and dried out in 3.5 days... after which they went straight into jars and never even needed to be burped even with only a 3 day dry time!!! I opened them to check, but they never remoistened one bit and probably could/should have been put in the jar a day earlier. So as a result of extremely high temps, low humidity and only a 3 day drying time the final quality was compromised in a couple of ways.

first just the rapid drying is no good as I like to dry as slow as possible 10-14 days hanging ideally.

secondly the terps man, the terps. that is where the GV shines and after drying it like this (rapidly with high heat) I have drawn the suspicion that the terpene profile of the "Angel Breath" phenotype is extraordinary volatile and the molecules that compose it's profile rapidly evaporate at high temps, even more so than normal, because after experiencing it drying like it did and jarring it up, it lost ALMOST all that made it Good Vibes and just smells like some good OG type of Kush... without much of the Angel breath aspect to it. It is still there when you are breaking up a joint or cutting some up for a bowl and you smell your fingers, as it makes my fingers REEK like what I know to be the angel breath profile as the good vibes should be... but it's just not there, any longer, in the levels it should be in order to smell and taste like it's supposed to and has before. While the sample buds I smoked at 2.5 days had it all, look smell taste and buzz. LOL 2.5 days! SMH.

third the taste, the green hits taste awesome... but the rest just taste good... and the taste profile, like the smell, isn't what the good vibes is when dried and cured well... but still good.

and anyone familiar with the idea of the entourage effect would understand the buzz is a little compromised as well, it is still really potent but in a different way than when it is complete with its full spectrum of terpenes... but I will discuss this more in the smoke report.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
final bud shots and smoke report coming up!

final bud shots and smoke report coming up!

Subscribed.

Good Vibes resin: Mouth watering.

ThaiBliss

hey TB,

thanks for checking it out.

yeah wait 'til I get some dry sift screens and I make some sift, bubble and some concentrates. ;8^D

more Good Vibes bud shots
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
Very nice infini!!!!!!!

Pulling up a chair..

Been wondering when you'd show her off in her own thread..... :party:

:lurk:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like you are kickng ass so far! Good luck on the line.

thanks bob

--------------

well, I took a smoke break before I came back to do the smoke report... I smoked part of a joint, it took me like 30-45 minutes of roaming around the forums reading a few things and getting sidetracked over and over again before I could wrangle my thoughts and focus my intentions enough to make a few replies and stuff... I've been up since 2 am today, I'm wasted tired and right now all I want to do EAT and go to SLEEP.

I'll post up a smoke report tomorrow with a wake and bake sesh.

Peace,
Infinitesimal

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
morning everyone,

I am currently writing a smoke report, its taking a while cause I want to be thorough and cause I am stoned from the wake and bake... gonna make some coffee and get back on it.

Peace

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke Report

Smoke Report

Edit: sorry it took so long to get this posted up, I had some family stop by and visit so had to do some hosting.
-----------

Hello to everyone following along,

So I do my smoke reports a little differently, I don't like reading the kind where the reporter is checking boxes and applying numerical values to a predetermined and limited range of options to describe one quality or another... I prefer to hear someone describe the qualities of the smoke and the nuances they experience, in their words, and that is how I prefer to report my smoke as well, I like to share my perceptions and thoughts intertwined in the experience of smoking and feeling its effects.

even though as I have described, this batch didn't turn out as well as I would have liked do to the unfortunate drying situations... I like it and I have been smoking this daily multiple times a day and have gone through at least 5 zips in the last month or so while other jars go unattended and I have not gotten tired of it in the least nor has any real tolerance began to build up... even still, if I take a largish rip and hold it in for a good ten seconds I can feel the high whack me in the head instantly my eyes lose focus and my lids droop, as I exhale I feel the need to put my head in my hands and then I feel the dilation in my chest, like a good hash the expansion happens slow and fierce with a delayed hash cough... and it feels like getting kicked in the chest. for instance I have been smoking this same bowl since like 6:30 am its now 8:25 and I am just now going in for my third hit... and only recently have I smoked a whole small joint to the face, typically when I share a joint we end up putting it out.

The Look
The buds aren't huge, they are very hard, but not the densest. They are covered in resin glands and have a white appearance you really have to sort of look past the white to see any green aside from from any remaining small sugar leaf... my pics don't even come close to doing justice. Leaf to calyx ratio is good, some of the buds I cured un trimmed and just trimmed them up as I smoked them... some people couldn't even tell that they were un-manicured in the first place... pretty easy to trim and the leave that are a little more difficult are so small and so frosty that it doesn't effect the smoke and only minutely effects the looks. It's a little more loose and slightly foxtailed in some cases which some people don't like as much but is of little consequence to me... the slight looseness allows more space for gland production and the buds are so encrusted with resin they are every bit as hard.

The Texture
a nice balance between being open and easy to work with and being chunky and "meaty" for example to me, a really open easy to work with texture would be like a haze hybrid or specifically KK Strawberry Cough and the other end of the spectrum chunky and meaty would be like a bubba or a really dense OG... this is one of the categories that I think the GV cut is better (or more commercially popular) to the 2012 AB cut, the AB cut's bud structure was super Sativa like a fox tailed haze and wasn't the dense little rocks that people want now a days where the GV is more like that. Even though the buds are pretty over dry and not cured (even being in a jar for a month doesn't add to the cure if ALL the moisture was stripped before going into the jar) they don't crumble partly to do with the bud structure and mostly to do with the stickiness. When cutting the bud up with some fiskars the bad falls into a pile and it all sticks to itself... rolling a joint is super easy cause you can line the bud up on the tray and then just transfer it intact into the paper... nothing falls off and none falls out the end of the paper while rolling it... and because its nice and sticky it takes little effort to get the bud into a nice round cylinder shape without having to pinch and twist the weed and paper together. (not is as if that is super unique just a nice quality to have in some bud)

The Smell
When the jar gets cracked from a few feet away its smells like some good kush, with a little bit of skunkiness and a hint of roasted coffee beans. When you are putting a nug up to your nose is smells kind of like hot coco powder with some floral notes and a crisp OG base. The cut up buds smell more like lime zest with flowers and kush and smelling your fingers after cutting up some bud really lets you know that the angel breath traits are in there... dank floral smell that is O-face inducing, soapy and musky with a doughy smell once the floral cologne smell fades... so complex and awesome... its just to bad that with this batch the smell doesn't dominate and carry over to the taste. The dry hit on a joint taste like lime zest and mint with a faint kushy after taste. I would rank the quality of the smell at an 8/10 and the strength of the smell at a 6.5/10... though when proper its an easy 9+ on both.

The Taste
well it burns good with a white ash and is cool and smooth on the throat, its expansive but not explosively like some strains... it is easy to hold in the lungs except for the buzz starts to come on hard and makes you want to exhale, then you feel the bronchodialation effects and your lungs stretch to capacity usually resulting in a good cough that is in no way harsh. quite a few have held their chest in pleasure/pain. The green hits taste good, still sort of faint and dominated by lime kush with only hints of soapy floral that are not to noticeable... and nothing compare to the intensity of the angel breath profile it should have. I get more of the angel breath in the after taste which is a little more sharp musky floral flavors with that hint of dough which lingers on the palate a little bit and is lip smacking. But like when herb isn't cured well, the taste fades after the first couple hits and just taste like some good weed. I would rank the quality of the taste at 7/10 and the strength of the taste at 6/10... again when the batch is right these scores are easily 9+

The Effects
The effects come on quick and they come on hard... the initial head ringer aspect to the high tapers off after about 10-15 minutes... and levels out at different places depending on how much you smoke. For light smokers who don't smoke often or only smoke lower quality this can be a one hitter quitter... even for me I can ride the buzz from a single bubbler hit for at least an hour. With just a couple hits I am happy and chatty, I want to do something fun and enjoyable or am equally content in imagination land. In larger amounts though, its quite different... don't get to comfortable, I get this deeply relaxed feeling... thought and mental imagery become most interesting and even with a full rest I can often end up falling asleep on accident. The interesting thing about it though, it is less like sleep and more like deep meditation... sort of like a dream state but not... the experiences aren't vivid or highly detailed but they are lucid, rich in context and impression and seem like very real experiences... sort of how people describe "remote viewing" which I have no experience with. I come to feeling like I have been asleep for a couple hours, fully rested, only to realize its been 15-20 minutes... power nap, yeah!

and this is where the entourage effect and the high heat during drying really come into play... I feel like the synergies between the cannabinoid profile and the complex terpenes are really what make many of the great strains great... and without some of these more volatile terpenes that are in the angel breath profile the high is really missing a couple dimensions. This batch is a little more... end your day, aint getting shit done type of high in heavier amounts, than it normally is where you can keep puffing and get more and more uplifted and inspired nearly all day. It is also missing a little bit of that vibe, where its just like ignorant optimism and a deep connected feeling to your environment and the world/universe at large, which is the best part of the high. its still there but just overwhelmed by the potency and gives it a little more typical experience than what the Good Vibes is really all about. the quality of the effects are greatly compromised do to the lack terps this round but I would still say around a 6.5/10 and the potency at around a 8.5/10.

overall, I rate it way low mostly because I am comparing it to what I know it's potential to be which is 9+ in every category, with this batch though I give it a 7/10... I would be happy to pay someone else for this quality of herb any day... but it doesn't drop my jaw and make me need to change my pants like a good batch of the vibes.

---------

any questions or comments are welcome. I'll be keeping this thread updated with all things Good Vibes from cultivation, dispensary drops, the breeding and test seeds.

picture.php
picture.php

^not my best pics, but it felt so empty without them.

Peace,
Infinitesimal

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
You and me like the same kind of highs...I'm thinking. I like herbs that travel along potently...can kick the shit out of me..but bring me into contentment land. I like my herbs to kick me up and down...more super high than stoned

Not always easy to find an expression with all the head directional abilities..and the flavors in the profile. Treasures.

I know you know all this shit...but wanted to post up anyways. Happy Hunting

SourDank

Veteran
Looks great man, can't wait to see what comes of the line. Although it already looks fantastic it'll be cool to see where you go with it

Latest posts

Latest posts