What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Fluorescent Alternative to the Synthetic Strigolactone GR24

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Neat synthesis; I especially like the fluo part :D .
Unfortunately, nothing you could do in your kitchen. Though I get that it has to be fun having weed that glows under black-light I don't think it'll be an advantage when everyone in the disco can see what you're doing...

lolos

In general...

Carlactonoic acid = good SL which promotes symbiotic relationships with fungi.

Orobanchol = bad SL causes root parasitic weeds to germinate.

lolos

In general...

Carlactonoic acid = good SL which promotes symbiotic relationships with fungi.

Orobanchol = bad SL causes root parasitic weeds to germinate.

Carlactonoic acid converts to orobanchol, but they already found a way to fix this by knocking out the orobanchol synthase gene using genome editing.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I think the trail you are on is above my pay grade...LOL

Are you saying we can coax the plant into keeping the weeds down and connect with the mico's?

Can this be done with out gene editing.
I am not too keen on that stuff.

Peace
Shag

lolos

I think the trail you are on is above my pay grade...LOL

Are you saying we can coax the plant into keeping the weeds down and connect with the mico's?

Can this be done with out gene editing.
I am not too keen on that stuff.

Peace
Shag

Yes it's more like inhibition of growth of parasitic weeds.
parasitic weeds are weeds that connect with other plants underground and feed off them.

I'm not an expert on this either but the only way I know is gene editing. Which in the future will be used not only on plants, but on us humans too. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Yes it's more like inhibition of growth of parasitic weeds.
parasitic weeds are weeds that connect with other plants underground and feed off them.

I'm not an expert on this either but the only way I know is gene editing. Which in the future will be used not only on plants, but on us humans too. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Maybe by a synthetic microbe that can act like a little crispr?:headbange
You started it...LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts