What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Creeper" weed: what is modifying the buzz?

pinkus

Veteran
Just like the thread title states: what is responsible for this variation on the effects of cannabis? I used to hear it was THCv but have heard numerous times that it is NOT the responsible molecule. If it's a terpene or terpenoid, which one or group is responsible?

Thanks I.C. Brain Trust :ying:

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
THCA, I think. I've noticed through my many times of taking plants too early that it doesn't kick in right away. Have some 30-day blue kush right now that doesn't fully hit you until an hour later. (Planted a bunch of small phenos with 4 big ones in a kiddie pool the small ones didn't like it much.)

pinkus

Veteran
Thanks wbS. THCA get's converted to THC through decarboxylation so that is why we get high, for sure. That's our standard issue high :) great that it is.

An interesting experiment would be to take the "creeper" herb and decarb it in your oven, then smoke it and see if converting the THCa to THC removes the creeper effect. Although I have doubts that is what is causing it.

Jubei

I was reading Cervantes book and he had mentioned how CBD may increase or decrease the affect of THC or even how it is delayed with the CBN for the stoney outcome.

Gry

Never could figure out what people were speaking of when they spoke of such as this. I chalk it up to the the differences between people in general.

RetroGrow

Veteran
CBD decreases the effects of THC. The CBD occupies the same cannabinoid receptors. Equal amounts of CBD/THC=no high, hence the strains Harlequin, Charlotte's Web, etc.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so perhaps the effect of the CBD wearing off is an increase in the high of the THC?

pinkus

Veteran
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm guessing something other than the two main cannabinoids are responsible for this? Thanks for the responses. It seems all involved are grasping at straws though on the creeper question, myself included. :bandit:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Pinkus

Higher THC to CBD ratios .
CBD slows the up take of THC . Longer not as trippy high .
The kind of gear that gets you whacked for a cpl of days then you can`t get high any more .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

armedoldhippy

Veteran
always liked creeper weed myself. sit & burn one with a buddy, lounge around. "man, I think we got ripped off!" "me too. I aint even high!" later "want to burn another one?" "fuck you, I can't SEE straight!" :biggrin:

MelloYello

I could have sworn that I read somewhere, that creeper was from a less lipid soluable THC that was slower to cross the blood brain barrier.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I could have sworn that I read somewhere, that creeper was from a less lipid soluable THC that was slower to cross the blood brain barrier.

Greetings,

This is an interesting discussion. I've always felt that the weed that has the delayed effect is also the weed that is the cleanest, strongest, and the weed that does not a tolerance build up. In short, it is a sign of high quality weed. I have no idea what it is, but ideas on it seem to be all over the board.

My two cents,

ThaiBliss