What's new

A question concerning the flush...May / Or may not foliar feed with fertilizer ??

So I was wondering... Is it ok to foliar feed a plant with fertilizer spray, that say... has been flushed for like 1-2 weeks... OR... IT WILL RUIN THE FLUSH if I try it???
I always thought you cannot put fertilizer into the soil... You would ruin the flush... But yea... what about foliar feeding, spraying the leaves with the fertlizer to give the plant a little bit of a boost during the flush stage... or will it ruin the flush? :p

''3x... 4x... Hohooooooooooy... xD''

:thank you:

gonzo`

general rule is not to spray anything on your buds especially late in flower... you will probably cause mould and if you don't you have chemical drenched buds to smoke, ew... just leave them and enjoy your harvest!

S

SeaMaiden

I'm such a rule breaker. I don't even flush. It's mellow if it's yellow, too. ;)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
It will totally ruin the flush.

The flush is to remove nutrients... spraying more on the leaves will not help get rid of what's in the plant and will only add to it.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

sea maiden your smoking alot of by products with no flush ,but i've noticed that you get more flavor with no flush.I use molasses and fox farm big bloom which is organic{organic worm castings,organic seabird guano,and organic bat guano's} in the amounts used for flower on the label 1 tsp a gallon. the molasses i use at 1 tbl spoon a gallon.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
sea maiden your smoking alot of by products with no flush ,but i've noticed that you get more flavor with no flush.I use molasses and fox farm big bloom which is organic{organic worm castings,organic seabird guano,and organic bat guano's} in the amounts used for flower on the label 1 tsp a gallon. the molasses i use at 1 tbl spoon a gallon.

...She's smoking the very same minerals that are in the same buds you are smoking. N, P, K, etc. They're present in buds whether its fed via organic or synthetic. Besides, how would flushing for a week suddenly flush these 'byproducts' out of buds? It doesn't make a lick of sense.

S

SeaMaiden

Well... chances are I'm not smoking a whole bunch of byproducts, since I work the soil food web and not my wallet. ;)

You're using too much molasses, IMO. Go with 1T/5gals instead. You'll still get enough S in there to help bring out the girls' best features.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I use hydro.

Plain water is AMAZING for flavor and taste. Using plain water in soil or another medium is just not the same... I have to flush for at least 3 weeks to get the same flavor and taste that I get from 7-14 days of plain water, in hydro.

That's from someone who doesn't have bricks for tastebuds and is truly qualified to make that kind of statement. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
The idea of the flush is to let the plant consume first, what's left in the grow medium, then, what resourses the plant has in itself.
So if,, your plant is over nuted and pushed to the max,,, flushing can't hurt - if you have given them what they need when they need it - your reward id comming!

So why do you want to flush and then feed?

And wet bud,,,, is asking for trouble.

Don't make the job harder than it needs to be, and remember more gardens die of over luvin than any other single reason.

S

SeaMaiden

What do you mean ? xDxD

What do you do when you do not flush? :p

I was making a double entendre. I don't flush my toilets at home as often as others, and the saying I have often heard is, "It's mellow if it's yellow. If it's brown, flush it down." I also use my urine to feed certain types of plants (I don't use it for stuff like the lettuces, that are consumed raw and may get it splashed on them, for example, but I *may* use it for my high-N corn. Make sense?)

However, I also grow using organics and have, for years, no longer 'flushed.' When I use chemical salt-based fertilizers I use very low rates, especially when compared with other cannabis growers, rates that allow me to disregard the concept of 'flushing' as most growers understand it. My (indoor, outdoor are in amended raised beds that are given water mostly with occasional organic feeds) plants are tapered off nutrient strength, never flushed, in such a manner so that by the time they're ready to harvest I'm only putting in water with a very low concentration of whatever type of sugar I'm using at that time.

This seems to be different enough from how most push nutrients as hard as they can that I can get away from the whole flushing idea and paradigm and not suffer quality for it. Thus, I am a rule breaker.

Oh, and I foliar whenever I want. I've never once experienced mold for using any kinds of sprays late in flower. Another rule, broken.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I semi flush :) since I use a chem bud boost in weeks 4-6 I stop feeding at week 8 until the plants have yellowed. Sativas are taken longer before I stop feeding about 10 weeks in flower they dont get anymore food just water...

Latest posts

Latest posts