What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHO HAS THE OLDEST CANNABIS SEEDS?

mukuku

pyramidal power ? ......MYTHBUSTERS on national geographic channel

they proved that it don't work with several experiences...but if you believe in it maybe...like homeopathie ?

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Remember if they could build a pyramid that size, that big...and make mummies that keep for that long, they could probably store seeds properly or preserve them properly too. Technology and all that.. Anyone ever see the myth-busters episode mentioned above where they stuck half a fruit under the pyramid? An apple I think.. Just saying.. physics, chemistry, maths, logic and all that..

Last edited:

JOJO420

Veteran
I have some sssc m-27 beatrix choice seeds..I got them from a friend , who got them from the catalog back in the day.
I also have some Hawaiian stock from the late 70's and the 80's that are in storage..

slshemup

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

I have some sssc m-27 beatrix choice seeds..I got them from a friend , who got them from the catalog back in the day.
I also have some Hawaiian stock from the late 70's and the 80's that are in storage..

m-27 i remember those days.i still had their old catalog till i lent it to a so called friend a few years back.all their strains kicked ass in different ways even compared to most of the strains around these days.memories friesland indica,oakland indica,pluton 2,skunk 1,creeper,nepali.
the days when hybrid vigor was for real fuck they grew so fast with top yeilds.the skunk 1 in their catalog looked like chunks of snow on sticks with a few shade leafs sticking out and it actually grew like that so profuse, to this day i have never seen any breeders sk1 or any other plant for that matter grow with that look.also the males of most of their strains would flower as thick as the fem buds try and find a male like that these days now thats what i call hybrid vigor.goodluck hope they sprout for ya.

mythbusters are a bunch of narrow minded shirt liftin wankers.they appeal to an audience of simular traits.

its good to see there is still quite a few knowledgeable open minded people on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sishemup did not mean to say I have the oldest seed, sorry buddy, I was editing the thread and can't seem to get that title out...of course I do have some crusty seed back in the depths of my freezer..cheers..DD

slshemup

last time i got buckled by the bluebottles they went through my fridge and freezer and took all my stock.most were irreplaceable gems.still trying to get my hands on quality outsider sativas years later maybe one day.some genuine mm or mm x would be nice.we all have our dreams.

sirtween

I' ve some old neville haze seeds more than 10 years. I'm to afraid to loose them with a problem or another so i kept them.

budseyeveiw

mythbuster is good entertainment but they approach it with science and common sense, which as you can imagine, does not go down well with the hippy/weird/extravert/conspiracy-i-got probed anally by aliens so now i carry round colourful stones and grow weed only in triangle frames- kinda folk. lmao

anyway back on topic.. i wonder if anyone has some of the classics stored up like the old greenhouse seed white rhino or white widow etc

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hi Infinitesimal,

Any surfer, sailor, tree feller, maple tapper, etc, knows that the ebb and flow of gravitational pull of this planet is greatly effected by our moon's phase, and that the new and full moons produce the most severe ebb and flow, perigee and apogee does increases this effect, eg the "spring" tide etc.

Many have put this knowledge to use when it comes to sprouting seed, I myself have noted a near zero germination ratio to a 70% + germination ratio of old seed. Depending on the seed (whether it be long or short germinating) the goal is to have it absorb water approximately at the same time as the new or full moon. A kind of tide is created within the seed itself, helping it to burst free from its shell.

To others, I am aware of kumut and tut's beans, date palms, the siberian permafrost seed, and etc. I am also aware of the ego of scientists. Still waiting for an alternate theory of how some guy in the cairo market got ancient egyptian wheat seed etc. But anyway, yeah, I guess I fall into the camp of that where there's smoke there's often fire. And as far as I am currently concerned (feel free to change my mind), the pyramids are the best preservation device ever devised by man (aside from freezing like Sam says this is likely the best, assuming no power outages :p). Perhaps fact was a strong word to use, but I'd wager many seed has been put to use out of the pyramids. And when these ancient pharaohs are regenerated from viable cells as the siberian permafrost seed was (not so far fetch as we might think), we may once again learn that the planet is not flat after all, and that they reached their goals in a round about way - immortality. Sorry for the babble Sam lol. -T

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
What is the oldest anyone has sprouted and grown a plant?

-SamS

i have a bunch of old seeds from the early 90's, somewhere between 92-95 when i first started smoking. i managed to get one to pop out of the 20 or so i tried, turned out male, i called it circa 94.

picture.php

nothing special, just keep em in a ziplock bag ...baggies the weed came in and i stick em in a drawer in my desk.

actually left those seeds in the boiler room for 10 years before i found em and added them to the rest of my seed stash. only thought to try popping em last fall. still got like 100 to go through.

i dunno why everyone is giving that guy so much shit about putting seeds in a pyramid.

i don't know if he actually meant a pyramid per se but people have been planting seeds in mounds of dirt since forever. you take some dirt, make a pyramid / mound shape, put the seed in the middle and water.
picture.php

Last edited:

slshemup

the thing with alot of the old so called hippies is they actually travelled with an open mind to offbeat places and had a go at living the way of the different cultures at the destinations they travelled too,now thats something your average person would never do.most average people would be lucky to leave the state they live in. mythbusters is what it is, just another heavily edited tv show for the masses.ruined alot of stored variety's years ago in amove that involved them being out of the freezer for about 6 hrs.
my silly mistake was a costly learning curve wont ever make that mistake again.these days if i have anything worth keepin they are stored in a straight family members freezer that has no intention of ever moving.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
slshemup - If you are looking for the skunk of old (though i was too young to have puffed then..) get a cut of the real exodus, it is all you described about 80's skunk. And more cuz I think the 80's skunk faded the geezers' memory. Thanks Sam if that is your work. I..O.U. I have not seen anything danker except OG and it still doesn't touch those special cheesy terpenes. Anyway off-topic, pyramids.. yeah.. nuff-said. Tides on the other hand, affect all. Hippies are interesting, fun but gullible. I love em but most don't question stuff nearly enough.
So back on topic, the oldest seeds I have in my collection are pre 2000 malawi cob seeds. They are packed for the bay donations for others to test along with other early 2000's Africans so I guess I'll see here how many germ. Thanks for the knowledge all, I definitively did NOT store them correctly in the past and now know better.

Sam, can they extract the genetic material outa those really old seeds and do any jurassic park type revivals?

purple_man

Veteran
high all!

the oldest ones i possesed and popped are from india 1981... started 12 in diluted gibberallic acid (24h), sterilized and prepared for in vitro transfer... after 2-3 weeks 4 healthy and a runt germed and grown on a MS0 media... by the way those seeds have been stored in a fridge for most of the time

blessss

B

BubbaHaze

Hi Infinitesimal,

And when these ancient pharaohs are regenerated from viable cells as the siberian permafrost seed was (not so far fetch as we might think), we may once again learn that the planet is not flat after all, and that they reached their goals in a round about way - immortality. Sorry for the babble Sam lol. -T

You just blew my mind:bashhead:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Infinitesimal,

Any surfer, sailor, tree feller, maple tapper, etc, knows that the ebb and flow of gravitational pull of this planet is greatly effected by our moon's phase, and that the new and full moons produce the most severe ebb and flow, perigee and apogee does increases this effect, eg the "spring" tide etc.

Many have put this knowledge to use when it comes to sprouting seed, I myself have noted a near zero germination ratio to a 70% + germination ratio of old seed. Depending on the seed (whether it be long or short germinating) the goal is to have it absorb water approximately at the same time as the new or full moon. A kind of tide is created within the seed itself, helping it to burst free from its shell.

thanks for the response Tom,

on the pharaoh thing, I heard they found some viable dinosaur DNA inside the bone marrow of a female T-rex Femur. Id rather visit jurassic park before we bring back any elitist royalty figures, lol

and with all due respect, of course...

I'm somewhat of a nerd... gravity and understanding it is a hobby/peeve of mine

Merriam-Webster
Definition of SPRING TIDE

: a tide of greater-than-average range around the times of new moon and full moon

so spring tide happens twice a month regardless of and completely independent of perigee, in fact perigee happens in between new moon and the first quarter so it has no effect on spring tide

I completely understand how people in those lines of profession could clearly make a correlation between their observations and the lunar cycle

and yeah, the moons gravity has a very significant role on our earth, and between the moons gravitational effects on the earth and the lunar phases (by this i mean waxing and waning) there are strong correlations, but little to no causality

^^ spring tide: notice the larger tides during new and full moons, but thats not caused by the moon suddenly being more gravitational because of the new or full moon, its because the suns gravity is pulling in the same direction and accentuating the moons tidal forces
one should notice a larger high and lower low tide during the new and full moons (spring tide)... not so much because of the waxing and waning of the moon but since the lunar and solar tidal forces will more or less combine to create a larger tidal bulge and a lower tidal troff

the lunar cycle is much quicker than our orbit around the sun so the lunar tidal bulges are going to catch up to (spring tide, when the lunar and solar tidal bulges combine) and surpass the solar tidal bulges several times a year... thereby creating a clear pattern for the surfers and sailors and such. but recognizing a pattern, and understanding the origins and forces involved in creating the pattern are two distinctly different things.

whats observed as an increase in the moons gravitational field during new and full moons, seems more like an accumulation effect between the gravity from the sun and the moon effecting tidal fluctuations

I understand that the waxing and waning cycles of the moon effect many things on earth especially plant and animal mating cycles.

but other than when the effects are attributed to the increased/decreased illumination from the full/new moon... they seemed to be attributed to an increase/decrease in the gravitational field.

like how emergency personal notice there are more emergencies during a full moon, and they seem to always attribute it to there being more gravity tugging on us from the moon... Is some of the moon's Mass missing during a crescent moon causing the gravity to diminish... and if not why then would there be more gravity when we see the surface fully illuminated?

when gravity is a force measured by the mutual attraction between two or more bodies in space based upon their Mass and distance from one another... how then does more or less sun light being reflected onto the earths surface by the moon have any effect on gravity without the moon moving closer or further away from the earth?

I say we are always experiencing the same amount of gravity at all times. the earth is always pulling us down and the sun and the moon are both tugging us off the earth. I think the difference is the direction in which they're tugging, and when the sun/moon/earth line up like during new/full moons the sun and moon are tugging in the same directions so we observe an slightly increased sensation of gravity from the moon but really the increased gravity from the moons direction is coming from the sun.

I don't mean to side track Sam's thread any more than I already have, hit me up in PM if theres a desire to continue the discussion, later man.

peace,
Infi

Tom Hill

Veteran
That's like saying boobs have nothing to do with what's below. yeah, I know why the moon looks full, or new, and what actually causes gravitational fluctuations, but the two are inseparable sir. I (and many other watermen) have always referred only to the proxigean spring tide as spring tide, though technically "spring tides" occur twice a month. I more expected someone to point out that the siberian permafrost experiment was actually regenerated from fruit, not seed. My reaction would be much the same though, as cells are cells.

Last edited:

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's like saying boobs have nothing to do with what's below. yeah, I know why the moon looks full, or new, and what actually causes gravitational fluctuations, but the two are inseparable sir.

:biggrin: I didn't doubt you already knew what caused the waxing and waning... Im just learning that its best to cover most bases on the boards lest I made to look foolish or be led into arguments, by one fool or another

4sure, you can't get the tidal fluctuations without the observable lunar cycle.

It just seems many people attach some mystical understanding to what is a relatively simple matter of physics; like as if the fact we view the moon as being full is the actual reason for the tidal fluctuations, so initially I was just wondering what your view was, and I find it enlightening to discuss such matters with intelligent folks who share different viewpoints and backgrounds. Such as... I am no mariner thats for sure, so your insight helped me learn a bit even as i was responding... thanks

I more expected someone to point out that the siberian permafrost experiment was actually regenerated from fruit, not seed. My reaction would be much the same though, as cells are cells.

wait they regenerated a fresh new fruit, from old frozen cells?

sounds neat, ill have to look for a little info on that... later man.

peace,
Infi

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
1. Patrick Flanagan's Neurophone (U.S. Pat. No. 3,393,279). Flanagan also conducted experiments involving phi geometries and their effects on muscle strength. He played Pink Noise using various geometric shapes as resonators; a model of the Great Pyramid, models of the King's Chamber; Dodecahedrons and the like, to modify the Pink Noise. He then had experts in applied kinesiology test the muscles strength of people listening to the same sounds resonated through said shapes. The results were unanimous, the Pyramid shapes based on the Golden Ratio made people very strong. Cubes made people very weak.

Greenheart

Veteran
:shucks:
My 6 year old beans got nothing on most you. Some great stuff in here besides how old are your beans. Thank-you for sharing. Now I'm off to contemplate how to design pyrmid shaped bud containers and freezers. There are some amazing ooparts in life and many things to make you question everything they told you was fact and fiction.

B

bocil

I have in my home near 30 seeds about old Mexicans (14 years ago) I don´t know stay for put to germinated.