What's new

Sam's Skunk#1 (the old seedsdirect freebies)

S

Space Ghost

Appearance: (pheno A) Large bright green chunky buds with a modest dusting of trichomes and large swollen calyxes with deep red stigmas to match.(7/10) (pheno B) Brilliant looking silver spears, totally covered with trichomes with smaller(but still large) calyxes, very dense as well.(9/10)

Odor: (A) a very "green" smell with hints of spice and sweet skunk.(6.5/10) (B) strait up grape skittles and "chemicals", didn't even smell like weed and it was so strong that it tickled/burned your nostrils after a big wif. (very nice 9.5/10)

Potency: (A) nothing special, but a very pleasant balanced high. (6.5/10) (B) pretty darn strong stuff, more of a sativa high, but still very balanced but it hits hard and fast in the head (8/10)

Taste: (A) deff got that old-school sweet spicyness.... but it's lacking even after a generous cure (5/10) (B) Sweet grapey spicey goodness, a little earthy too, sort of like GDP (8.5/10)

Growth: (A) Finished in 67 days, classic x-mas tree shape, but with indy nugs, very good yield. Preforms well in sog apps. Easy grower, water+nutes=done, no problems medium stretch (9/10) (B) went 81 daze, more columnar shape, more sativa buds with a mexican appearance to them (not in a bad way, just looks like other mexican plants ive worked with) Medium yield, easy grower, can take a beating, flowering time a little long for my tastes and the yield was unimpressive, but a good plant for sure. (7.5/10)

Medicinal Value: (A) good for depression, gives a nice little mood lift but doesn't send you into outer space (which is good for me) No luck for it working as an anti-psychotic but it helps a little with my back pain.(8/10) (B) about the same as A, but "fucks you up" quite a bit more, so not as medicinal for me (7/10)

Overall: (A) a solid 7, fast heavy harvests, medium smoke.... (B) 8.5 tasty and potent, slower to finish, but worth it.

sorry, no pics, but I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Thanks for the report SG, especially the med. value.
It sounds better than the Sensi Skunk#1 I'm puffin on now.

TheSg

Nice post space ghost, I'm super interested in the old skunk varieties. I just cant resist the spicy sandal wood smell's its just the most meant to be smell and flavour, its irresistable really.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I had some Skunk 1 freebies from old seedsdirect samtheskunkmans I did a while back that was very nice

S

Space Ghost

another thing i wanted to note is that many people complained of poor germ rates and immature looking seeds. My seeds did look a little immature, but I had 100% germ.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm trying to germ the south african durban x skunk 1 freebies. But I don't know if I'm going have much luck. I,ve also had problems with germ rates on the sk1. But these seeds are freebies from a few years back so they could have been kinda old when I got them in 05. I'm not complaning I got some nice sk1 plants

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice report sg. all you have to say is "sam the..." and i pay attention!.....sub

Evil 1

I did a pack of those freebies along with a pack of SOL adventure mix and honestly I preffered the skunk :joint:

C

curious101

i had one of these in my first grow and it was one of the finest plants i've ever smoked...dense cola's with an absolutely euphoric giggle your ass off high...i've yet to find a skunk like it and don't think its for sale either...damn shame i'd grab a pack, MNS G13/Sk was probably the only skunk i've ever tried stronger than sam's sk#1

Stash

I still have a pack of these, sounds like they be worth a try. I think I'll give them a try soon and also make a bunch of F2's seeds. Later, Stash

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I still have a pack of these, sounds like they be worth a try. I think I'll give them a try soon and also make a bunch of F2's seeds. Later, Stash

Especially for the sake of preservation. My guess is Sam put some stellar sativa genes into his skunk. I imagine there would be some fantastic and authentic phenos. Hope they germ.

Latest posts

Latest posts