What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long flowering Sativas? Where are they?

Honus

Greenhouse Seeds Hawaiian Snow will finish in November, you better have a long grow season. I can attest, I have grown it outdoors before with great success. I'm talking a 10 footer with great sativa yields.

Satyros

Just to plug for an underdog, this year I tried some stuff from Mandala.

They seem pretty well geared towards outdoor growing, and you will probably find several varieties that just say "ready by mid-October" or something similar.

I can't swear to the results yet, but I can say the flowering definitely does not kick in with an impressive burst as do most kinds that are designed to go fast and furious. Nor can I swear to the absolute purity of sativa, however, these plants are all super stretchy, some of them having the narrowest leaves I've seen.

I tried to do late planting in containers to control the size. One of them wound up rooting into the ground and turned into a tree a foot taller than its contemporaries. If you had the place to do it, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to get these bigger than a person, at least.

The odd curious point I am watching is Bhutanese which is from around 25 deg. N latitude, which started first, maybe in late July. These are my youngest plants. Two months from seed they are five or six feet tall flowering nicely.

Comparing that to a few things which are tropical--older plants, but their start of flowering is offset 2-3 weeks later, a few still waiting to start.

I'm hoping to give them all a minimum of twelve weeks. One could say "long" for a sativa is twenty or more, but I probably wouldn't attempt a "ready in December".

Latest posts

Latest posts