What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinder Hash

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's the best way to get the kief from the kief catcher on the bottom if it's stuck shut? I haven't been able to unscrew the bottom of my grinder in over a year. It's pretty much packed with kief. I was thinking of just soaking the whole thing in 99% iso if I can't figure out how to get it open.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

A pile of kief would have been nice, but this is good too. :) I soaked the grinder in 99% isopropanol. There should be at least a couple grams of oil here if it's this yellow before evaporating.

I have more hash oil than I can go through, so I'll let this evaporate and redissolve in Everclear 190 to make a little bottle of tincture. It should be strong.

picture.php

I haven't seen my grinder this clean in years. I need to remember to empty the kief catcher before it gets too clogged up next time.

stickydank

MY Grinder

MY Grinder

Heres A few for you

Attachments

• 100_1413.jpg
    100_1413.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1411.jpg
    100_1411.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1414.jpg
    100_1414.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 11

moonshoes

hahaha yea it looks like someone dumped kief into a new grinder.

That would make better hash than grinder hash which is made just from the black stuff that clogs the grinder.

Some people I know never clean it they just struggle through the black stuff, others clean it with alcohol and don't bother to scavenge for hash (they have plenty of tree so not an issue).

I wait until it takes forearm strength to turn in, then start the alcohol.

@m314: That's an oldschool measuring cup, I bet that sucker has some age on it (mine was bought in the 1980s, looks exactly the same).

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That would make better hash than grinder hash which is made just from the black stuff that clogs the grinder.

I always thought grinder hash was what you made from the kief at the bottom. If you have a grinder with a screen and a kief catcher. It's all good until you don't open it for a year and realize you can't figure out how to open it at all.

I put the cup of isopropanol in front of a heated fan in front of a window to dry it out. Once it had evaporated, I added a little Everclear 190 and let it evaporate again. I'm not going to scrape this out and weigh it, but I'd guess it's a couple grams.

picture.php

I'll dissolve this in 30 mL Everclear 190 to make a nice little bottle of tincture. :) It should be strong.

I've had the same set of Pyrex measuring cups since the 90s. One cup, one pint, one quart. It's surprising that they've survived this long.

moonshoes

hahaha, one year? I can't stay out of mine for more than one day!

I bet the tincture is going to be strong if the darkness of the solution is any indicator.

Grinder hash too me is not with straight kief but its the same general idea.

Since I am using a sprinkle of kief each time I smoke it never has a chance to build up down there, but the black shit goo in the top part gets thick from use.

Here is my sad amount:

picture.php

moonshoes

Hahaha, I took the pic because that's as full as it gets, then immediately layered it in a few small bong rips.

The kief is something I always use.

I like the how initially my buzz is stronger with it.

Without it I am not as high or for as long, and I really sleep well after sprinkle of it so it gets dipped into every night.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I added 30 milliliters of Everclear 190 to make a nice brownish looking tincture. :) Just enough to fill this little dropper bottle. I want to try it tonight, except I just had a couple cookies I got at the Hempcon Cup last night. I bet it won't take much to get me high.

picture.php

picture.php

One more bottle for the tincture cabinet. :)

picture.php

moonshoes

WOW :tiphat:

amazing, looks like an early 20th century pharmacy, all the dropper bottles.

I tried making tincture once but I didn't do it right and it didn't have the effect I was looking for (not strong enough, I didn't use enough product).

That's amazing, I just looked up what hempcon was too, you are a lucky guy.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tinctures are my favorite way to get high these days. :) It's fun having bottles from different harvests and different strains to choose from.

For stronger tinctures starting with bud or hash, I like to do the initial extraction with isopropanol like I did here. I purge with Everclear 190, then redissolve in just a little more Everclear so it's strong. I'm guessing I'd feel it with just 5 drops from the new bottle. This is a big improvement over the way I did it for my first 10 years as a grower. Soak the bud / trim in Everclear, strain, and drink. That can work, but it's not that concentrated and it has a strong taste.

California is a great place to live in terms of weed freedom. I moved here in 2010 so my grows would finally be legal. Events like the Hempcon Cup and the Cannabis Cup are fun too. :)

moonshoes

QWISO is the shit, still my go to in dry times. Or when my grinder stops spinning.

Attachments

• knife hash.jpg
    knife hash.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 11
i usually cant collect much though, I don't use a traditional grinder, I use a grinder card! i find it gives me a lot more control over how my herb is grinded! i can changes up the consistency depending on how im smoking it

Latest posts

Latest posts