What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to preserve aroma and effect in cannabeer?

Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I like beer and I like cannabis but I don’t like to smoke so I figure it would be a good idea to brew a cannabeer. I very much like the smell and taste of cannabis, the sister plant of hops, so ideally, I’d like to process cannabis into the beer in such a way that I can preserve both the effect and the taste of the herbs.

However, it appears like there’s a trade-off between conserving the taste and conserving the psychoactive effect. Similarly as with hops, where you gain bitterness but lose aromatic compounds as you boil them for longer, it seems like heating the cannabis to psychoactivate it, leads to a loss of aromatic compounds and terpenes.

Hence my question: can anybody suggest ways to incorporate cannabis into a beer in such a way that you preserve a maximum of psychoactive effect and aroma? All suggestions are welcome (boiling, macerating, dry-cannabissing…).

I’m also interested if anybody knows whether a specific style of beer might be particularly suited for this experiment.

Many thanks in advance!