What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hosting growers Meet-Up Ideas

Canha_patch

Hey there IC members, I live in a country where cannabis was decriminalized 2 years ago, and growers have been popping up everywhere a lot of new guys, and a lot of guys who have been through it all.

I was thinking of hosting grow groups or meetups where the growers could network and start working with each other, share knowledge, build their skills, and the soon to be the industry we will have once new laws and regulations are put in place.

Now there are "collectives" and events that have been happening to bring the growmies together however they were inconsistent, and more about boosting featured or select local brands that where hosting or part of the event.

I have built up a good amount of friends in the community and they all have ideas and plans which over lap each other or could help each other however they have never really been given the chance to properly network and talk with others in a safe environment, Because even though growing cannabis is now decriminalized, the sale of cannabis is still illigal, but people are still getting arrested for growing their own at home, because we are in a grey area.

I want to start hosting events, for growers to do all the above in a safe and sound environment where they can be somewhat anonymous, most of the networking and people I have met has been through instagram and its a big thing this side. Thats how we as growers connect and communicate. But now its time for those of us who want to get together to start doing so.

Im here ask if anyone has any plus ideas for an event, what seems like a cool draw card, an add on, how can i assure people its a good idea, what would the best way of keeping each other as annonymous as I can in my own power. Do i do give aways, or raffles, get a speaker or guest?

I have a venue, and i was thinking of inviting a select handful at first and grow the group from there, as well as keeping everyone anyonomous by using social handles.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Must be nice Canha, the freedom to even think of hosting an event.

Maybe some of the West Coast USA members can help.

As far as "what seems like a cool draw card", that would be food.;)

Good luck and Welcome to ICMag!:rtfo:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- ICMAG does usually put on a 420 event every April in Europe - this year not due to Covid19 - but we intend on still having a 420 event - when we are able -

- What country are you in Canha patch?

Sunshineinabag

Up here we used to call it the vermont reggae fest

Canha_patch

- ICMAG does usually put on a 420 event every April in Europe - this year not due to Covid19 - but we intend on still having a 420 event - when we are able -

- What country are you in Canha patch?

South Africa, yeah covid did so much, look im not planning on hosting anything with over 20-30 people at a time, something small, closed off and exclusive, invite only vibes, just looking for a few addons or draw cards.

Canha_patch

- Yeah we have a little freedom but its still so heavy, and people are still getting in big trouble, that why im not really planning anything big, just a few people, invite only, exclusive, but thats also another thing, somehow trying to keep people as safe about their grows as possible

Latest posts

Latest posts