What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are terpene rich plants the new high THC?

LizardMan

Just curious on peoples idea or opinion on this...

The cannabis market changes with trends just like everything else, from flavours and smells to even names. Years ago names use to be "hard" like AK47, whitewidow. Now its like wedding cake, and girl guide cookies...

Along with the smells people were breeding for the highest THC content and have slowly gotten it higher, but with things like live resin and terp sauce do you think the market being hooked on the word "TERPS" is going to swing heavily towards flavour varieties instead of being heavily on numbers?....

I can see some people are hooked on numbers and even the word indoor and outdoor. I had one person recently smoking outdoor and loving it (looked indoorish) once he found out it was outdoor he stopped smoking it... Instagram has made herb need to be looking like its on a pedestal!!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Just curious on peoples idea or opinion on this...

The cannabis market changes with trends just like everything else, from flavours and smells to even names. Years ago names use to be "hard" like AK47, whitewidow. Now its like wedding cake, and girl guide cookies...

Along with the smells people were breeding for the highest THC content and have slowly gotten it higher, but with things like live resin and terp sauce do you think the market being hooked on the word "TERPS" is going to swing heavily towards flavour varieties instead of being heavily on numbers?....

I can see some people are hooked on numbers and even the word indoor and outdoor. I had one person recently smoking outdoor and loving it (looked indoorish) once he found out it was outdoor he stopped smoking it... Instagram has made herb need to be looking like its on a pedestal!!

I ain't seen no diamonds and terp sauce that taste half as good as my rosin made from buds.. not from any dispensary in any state. So I sure hope so cause the terps most these places are playing with taste like crap akin to an asthma inhaler mixed with some mild terps.

I think the markets coming up with new ways to make bunk bud marketable. They have nugs that smoke like ass so they extract them and break every chemical element down into it's purest form and try to piece it back together to match the labs from a quality nug.

It's no replica of tried and true quality not even close.

LizardMan

Sorry if my question was a little unclear, i was more along the lines of do you think breeding is going into a more terp based direction more so then high thc, since its the new hot ticket. The word " terps" is almost annoying at this point lol

I agree tho one proper squish of full delicious plant taste wat better then the fragmented shit that's getting made... I cant stand vape pens!!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have had some stuff come in that was way too terpy. IMO, it can go too far. I am looking forward to getting in some tooti frooti flavors soon, but in my book a nice mellow OGK or creamy MAC is the best. But, like politics, taste is something that each will have their own opinion on.

Sunshineinabag

Growing up heavy garlic almost make ya puke pungency.....and heavy heavy skunks were the top shelf chemovars.....maybe Esther's and thiols are more important?

Great outdoors

I see as it becomes more mainstream and legalized it will move more into flavors.
Now that booze has been mainstream for 100yrs or so do you see more people drinking 120 proof moonshine or fine wines and craft beer?
I see the trend slowly moving away from the strongest THC to colors, quality and taste.
IMO with legalization indoor should go the way of the dodo. What an ecological disaster.

LizardMan

Sunshine what was something that was to terpy? Also never had much garlic stains when younger have grown a few in recent years but were subtle. And do you know much on the esthers and thiols your self?

I see it my self that its going to swing to far to flavours then Come back to a mild ground of flavours and highs but that's like 10 years in the future and alot more research

Sunshineinabag

It's kinda strange cause these farmers would plant in nondescript areas where noone would really wanna go snooping like for example a stinging nettle Grove where roadkill was dumped.....they'd grow there. I'm convinced that what is used to feed the soil can come out in neat ways via chemovars ..but I'm a dirt lover who never really had a prop to really grow on as an adult....I drool at the thought of being able to locally spend 3-4-5 seasons just pumping out potent monsters grown in diff types of environment outdoors

LizardMan

Maybe something to try is several of the same clone grown in the same location, But just have a bucket with different inputs.

Like animal shit, and then one using fish in the bottom, and one with say local compost, and one of your own yard waste compost. and then maybe one of say a heavily amended "super" soil... A

Then see if the flavour difference is much different!? i know the plant growth would be. But could you taste the fish or between the 2 different compost?

mexweed

Veteran
there have always been terps they are just getting marketed more now since people are mostly unfamiliar with them they are more likely to believe exaggerated or complete bullshit claims

mango, strawberry cough, c99 pineapple have been around for a long minute

Latest posts

Latest posts