What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Tigre's MICRO MADNESS

El Tigre

Hello everyone! Most of you already know me because I've been around for a while. I decided to open a new thread, to unify those previously opened and to bring together all my micro activities in one place.
My hobby from the beginning has inevitably evolved. By now I know I can reach my self-sufficiency easily enough, I don't consume a lot. I run mostly auto flowering plants, because I found that it’s the best solution for my setup. I can run photo period dependent plants as well though. I find them a very good solution before or “during” some grow stops, like during holyday time etc.
I recently became interested in pollen chuncking and I'm starting with my first crosses now.
My setup is very basic, but it’s well tested and fits perfectly for my needs.
I'm currently using my classic LED / ZEN tent (40x40x120 cm) - powered by 62w of SIL lamps for flowering and vegetating no stop.

picture.php

And my tiny box powered with a single Led bulb, that is for early vegetation, clones, reversing and pollen collecting. Internal dimensions: 30x20x40(h) - Usable space: 30x20x25 (h). There is a pc fan and an anti pollen filter for aeration.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

I want to mention a little trick that permits me to grow mostly no stop in my tent, I’m talking about my external carton box for drying buds.

picture.php

El Tigre

Now, let see what I’m running at the moment.
Here’s my little SODK (Mephisto Genetics) and +Speed (Sweet Seeds) seedlings few weeks ago. On the background the Cream Mandarine (Sweet Seeds) of my last round. Her sister (that became her brother later) provided me my 1st pollen batch.

picture.php

Later after repotting, when flower stage is at the right moment for pollinating the SODK. I want to see what comes out crossing her with Cream Mandarine. I’m quite excited because is my first pollination time. In the meantime I also took a cut from the SODK, for reverting and collecting some pollen.
Tent overview:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

Well, it's time to lose my virginity :biggrin:
I moved the SODK to a different room, put a carton bag on the plant leaving outside the selected branch.

picture.php

picture.php

I applied the pollen with a tiny brush and put a paper little bag on it to prevent pollen to fly around. I sprayed the both plants with water and put the pollinated one back into the tent.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

El Tigre

I left the paper bag on the bud for 48h.
This is after 3 days, looks like that it worked, looking at the pistils.
I repot late this time and i stunted a bit the plants. Nothing too bad for me and my limited space.
I'm going to fill the empty space with a little experiment, a plant into a 2 liters plastic bottle. I popped a Zkittlez OG auto (Barney's farm).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Pollinated bud on the left :
picture.php

Zkittlez OG seedling:

picture.php

El Tigre

Looking great! Nice to hear you're pollen chucking!

Diggin' the new thread. Count me in. :lurk:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2[/FONT]
I' m here mate !!!

a new great thread :groupwave:

Hey folks! It seems that the company is the good one :good:
So yet another 2016 IKEA light bulb broke this morning, so one was missing from the fixture and I decided to renew the light bulb set.
Before i had:
4 x 13w 2700 k 1000 lm
1 x 10w 4000 k 800 lm
New set is:
4x 10,5w 3000 k 1055 lm
1x 12,5w 4000 k 1521 lm

So i'm downgrading my total light wattage from 62w to 54,5w, supposing to achieve a better light flow.
I'm now at 32w/sqft, so in the correct range.
I paid 20 eur for this.

picture.php

El Tigre

Time for a quick update. Plants are very small due to the delayed repot, they are flowering nice though.
SODK has the sharper orange/bitter orange terpenes i've ever smell, during the last days some diesel background appeared but the smell is still super.

I'm happy that the clone i've took from her had rooted well, now i'm spraying it with CS hoping from some new pollen. I know it's not science, but some "orange genes" should surely be there.

+Speed smells more spicy with clear black pepper notes.

picture.php

SODK day and night
picture.php

picture.php

+Speed day and night
picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

Pollinated SODK bud is doing well and if touched is possible already "feel" the forming seeds inside the swollen calyxes.
picture.php

Here's the clone, now into a 1L pot. Leaves have the signs of the colloidal silver on them, but this is normal.
picture.php

picture.php

And last but not least the young Zkittlez OG, growing smoothly in her 2L bottle/pot
picture.php

El Tigre

Suddenly the summer heat has arrived and the maximum temperature in the tent reaches 30 ° C. Plants seems not to care too much and keep doing their thing, probably some terpene will be lost but it's not a drama. Smell is the same for last week on both specimens, just more pronounced.
Little Zkittlez OG is growing well on its corner. Pollinated bud is showing hard swollen calyxes and it’s clear what’s forming inside.
SODK clone was sprayed twice a day for a little more than a week now and looks like some male pre flowers are now starting forming. My current colloidal silver batch sucks, I mixed some from the old one and used the same jar, without cleaning it. Next time i will do. I want to try anyway how it works, leaves are not happy of it for sure.
picture.php

picture.php

El Tigre

Plants in flower start to fade, i removed a ton of yellow fan leaves.
Still too hot and smell is more weak. SODK is now on the diesel side and lost a lot of the orange tones. + Speed still spicy.
Harvest time is getting near.
picture.php

SODK
picture.php

Macro
picture.php

+Speed
picture.php

El Tigre

The seeded bud is maturing and seeds are almost formed.
picture.php

immature seed
picture.php

Zkittlez OG into the 2 liters bottle is doing well, check the weird freak leaf on front
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts