What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roundup cornfield yellows

Treevly

This field had Roundup applied last July. This year the farmer planted corn, which is now about 12"- or more high. I was looking at it today and my eye was caught by a patch in a particular location. Maybe a dozen or more corn plants looked a sort of bright, light yellow. here were a few other corn plants in other areas, but not very many, maybe 2 dozen in the area I was in. There were a number of weeds of a similar colour, more weeds than corn, although there aren't a lot of weeds in total, no doubt because of the Roundup last year.

Could the yellowing of a small number of corn plants and a larger number of weeds be due to residual Roundup from last year? The yellow does not seem a natural yellow, as from excess water, for example.

Thanks for any wisdom.

Treevly

As if to hijack my own thread - I see on a Roundup page: """, Roundup® brand glyphosate-only agricultural herbicides can be applied broadcast up to the V8 growth stage or 30-inch tall corn, and up to 48-inch tall corn when using drop nozzles.""

Up to 4 feet tall??? They can apply it then?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Usually grubs in the soil eating roots, but could be a number of different things. Depending on the composition of the soil, glyphosate has been known to last in soil for 20 years.

Treevly

So.... if a field was Uprounded last July and the weeds are now laying there dead as ducks, and the corn is growing well, is it safe for cannabis plants there, or can the residual still affect new plantings? Eh?
Thanks

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So.... if a field was Uprounded last July and the weeds are now laying there dead as ducks, and the corn is growing well, is it safe for cannabis plants there, or can the residual still affect new plantings? Eh?
Thanks
No. Probably not safe for up to 20 years depending on the type of soil. If it's in the soil it's going to be in your flowers. Cannabis is GREAT at cleaning up toxic soil, especially toxic farm soil.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It is never safe to plant pot plants anywhere near a farm field that they spray. Hell, I can't even plant grass within 15'of their GMO crap. Roundup is supposed to die when it hits the soil, but I don't trust them.

I had about 15 potted bagseed plants maybe 18" tall hiding in a weedy swampy spot next door that dries in the summer one year, and dammit the farmer decides to bush hog it for the first time ever. Just my luck. Pots are the best way to void the contaminants in the soil, but have their own risks.

Latest posts

Latest posts