What's new

Isles Of Green: 22 Light Adventure Diary

Hey everyone! Isles of Green here! This will be my first grow diary and I'm excited to have you all along for the ride!

Oh man.. where to begin. When I came into this operation late last year mid-harvest it was a nightmare. They we're experiencing everything from mite infestation, PM, mold, you name it. So we've been spending the last month or so cleaning, rebuilding, reorganizing and trying to mitigate as many of the issues as possible.

The grow is a 3 room set up inside a wooden structure that is built inside of a garage. 2 of the rooms are running 9 600watt HPS per room and the third room is running 3 900watt LED / 2 600watt LED. Due to poor insulation and extreme temperature differences during the winter we we're experiencing mold issues on the interior of the wooden structure which had to be dealt with. All the walls we're stripped. cleaned, and primed with mold killing/resistant paint. Doorways we're cut wider for better airflow and PAR readings we're taken on each set of lights to determine distance between fixtures and here are the results:

Room #1
riwVZO6

Room #2
S7idrNP

Room #3
wcZFyft

All Rooms Together
gDChaEg

Currently working on the irrigation manifolds and will post updates!

Today we needed to address some ventilation issues before finishing the irrigation manifolds.

16" Exhaust Fan re-positioned

Light Trap Vent to be prevent light leaks

Barely got started on the table irrigation today but should be able to finish up most of it tomorrow when our new pots arrive!

One fan pulling through all 3 rooms ?

Hey dankwolf! Thanks for checking out the thread.

Yeah we know its not optimal but we're having to use what we have available to us at the moment. The 16" exhaust will be active, not passive. We also have an intake fan for each of the long rooms and will have other smaller fans throughout each room.

Always open to suggestions!

Holy smokes. The kind of space I wish I had available. Count me tuned in.

Hey starke! Very fortunate to be working with a space like this. Be on the lookout for our new greenhouse diary post coming up in the next month or two.

Thanks for joining the party! :party:

We we're supposed to be receiving a shipment today with our new pots but got pushed back to tomorrow.

Re-positioned Intake fan Room #2 and fixed like leak issues from previous build.

Intake fan Room #1 with auxiliary fan

Light Trap Vent for intakes

We've also added oscillating fans to each room (not pictured)

Got a pleasant surprise today. The first stuff for automating our grow got here! Big thanks to the man Zeez for taking the time to answer our questions and help guide us in the right direction for automating our systems.

ZooZ Power Strips + Zooz 4 in 1 Sensors for automation with VeraPlus for the hub.

saitama

Got a pleasant surprise today. The first stuff for automating our grow got here! Big thanks to the man Zeez for taking the time to answer our questions and help guide us in the right direction for automating our systems.

ZooZ Power Strips + Zooz 4 in 1 Sensors for automation with VeraPlus for the hub.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83473&pictureid=2045329&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Very nice! I just got into automation myself with home assistant and flashed smart plugs. No more manual timers or thermostats for this guy.

Very nice! I just got into automation myself with home assistant and flashed smart plugs. No more manual timers or thermostats for this guy.

Isn't it awesome?! I've been coding majority of my adult life but never got into the home automation stuff until getting turned onto by Zeez from this forum. With the knowledge I have from the years of coding I'm hoping I can do some complex set-ups/functions with this system so I can control most everything from my phone.

saitama

Isn't it awesome?! I've been coding majority of my adult life but never got into the home automation stuff until getting turned onto by Zeez from this forum. With the knowledge I have from the years of coding I'm hoping I can do some complex set-ups/functions with this system so I can control most everything from my phone.

Home Assistant keeps things pretty easy. I don't code, but I do IT for a living (Bay Area raised). Here's my current dash, although it could use some simplifying. I really enjoy the open source nature of HA and the community. Energy monitoring plugs are around $8ea!

The phone UI is exactly the same but in mobile form. I just VPN in to access if I'm remote. I'm hooked.

Edit: Updated dash

Ke7H0K0h.png

Home Assistant keeps things pretty easy. I don't code, but I do IT for a living (Bay Area raised). Here's my current dash, although it could use some simplifying. I really enjoy the open source nature of HA and the community. Energy monitoring plugs are around $8ea!

The phone UI is exactly the same but in mobile form. I just VPN in to access if I'm remote. I'm hooked.

Edit: Updated dash

View Image

Damn dude! I am loving that UI. Super clean. Been busy getting all the devices set up today for our set up.

Our pots and other goodies finally arrived today! Spent majority of the day setting up our ZooZ power strips and sensors for automation as well as starting to transplant.

Strains:
Runtz
Wedding Cake

Transplanting the first of the Runtz into 80/20 chow mix into I believe 5.5" square pots.