What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Glue

therevverend

Veteran
Last summer I visited a buddy's I-502 legal government grow in Washington. He had a lot of nice stuff but the Purple Glue was head and shoulders above everything else. The plants were around 4 weeks into flowering, putting on their first layer of resin in July light dep.

The Purple Glue smelled amazing. I don't think I've ever smelled something that nice that early in flowering. Strong purple candy fruit flavors. We were blown away by it. His other strains were all outstanding top shelf stuff but none of them came close to it. They were already turning a shade of purple despite the 90 degree plus temperatures.

I know there's quite a few purple crosses of Glue out there but this was THE Purple Glue. I'm pretty sure it's clone only. Curious what the cross used is. I'd love to see pics of it finished I didn't get to visit again at harvest.

I still can't believe how great they smelled despite the simple commercial chemical fertilizers they were fed in a mass production type set up. Given real attention and love and using organic techniques to bring out it's full potential I'd like to see what the strain could do.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting...

If your friend was using Jacks fertilizer, they've been optimizing for cannabis for over ten years now, according to their website.

Glue makes some very nice hybrids!
Orange Glue being my favorite so far.
I liked it better than the clone. ;)

Sunshineinabag

Never tried glue myself. I'd be interested to see what mono terpine profiles come from these varietals. My wife is addicted to fruity terps. I'm more of a fuel/ skunk lover. I loved the candy description ....never had a candy profile

Justis

I had gotten a pack of seeds from sunset limited a few years ago when he was going to put out wich I think we’re the first packs of glue seeds as of then. My keeper pheno turned out to be a purple glue that is extreamly dank. I bud fills the room with a very strong smell that is dead give away you have a bud in pocket.super strong smoke kinda like a sweet Burt tire it gets along darker in winter an almost stays green in summer due to slight temp difference.

PDX Dopesmoker

GG4 itself doesn't develop that unique odor its got until later in the grow, that nice young flower smell on the purple one might turn into some kind of acrid sour milk odor in a few weeks. I got bit in the ass once over the summer with one pheno of a GG4 cross that smelled nice through about 7 weeks or so, but ended up tasting nasty, like a mix of orange zest and newsprint and its not the first time I've run into similar unpleasant results from some phenos GG4 crosses.
Does the I-502 legal government grow in Washington have pics of the Purple Glue anywhere?

Dandelo

I wonder what the purple used in this was too, sounds amazing & I would love to try it. Do you know where in Washington it is available?

therevverend

Veteran
Forgot about this thread. I did some research, I'm certain the Purple Glue I saw was the one on the 'official' GG4 website. It was Gorilla Glue.com but they changed it to ggstrains.com after the lawsuit. They sell their stuff to 502 growers in Washington state, it's probably easier to get in Oregon, California, and Nevada. Their purple glue is Las Vegas Purple Kush x GG4. The pictures look like the plants I saw at the 502 grow.