What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are aluminum grinders a health hazard?

shithawk420

Veteran
Well diamond grind sucks.but anyway aluminium grinders are safe.there might be some metal flakes from the CNC process so just wash your grinder with alcohol or water and you should be fine.oh just saw that video.LMFAO!!that's a load of bullshit!just keep it clean and you'll be fine.have my sharp stone for over 5 years and I'm still alive.good luck with whatever you decide

S

sourpuss

Ones with nylon rings r good. Santa cruz shredders rule.... nothing really compares to the build quality. Nothing feels the same In your hand either.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
mine seems safe it don't rub due to Teflon washer type thingy..i don't remember brand or what kind aluminum...it says novus on one side and contero on other ...one drop design grinder and storage container anodized...looked it up 1dropdesign.--- I think their gone

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have "smart" grinders which have that ring. I think it's fine,

DemonTrich

Veteran
I go out of my way to avoid aluminum. My grinder is a Space Case anodized titanium coating machined from high quality aerospace aluminum. I'm working with the assumption the titanium coating will not wear away over time.
I can provide you with links, but researching aluminum toxicity is fairly straightforward.
If you are looking for opinion, I'm sure you will get a bit of everything.
Did you notice any nice stainless steel grinders?
OutCold!

WTF did you just say?????? your lost bro!!

dickcorn

I stopped using a grinder when I quit brickweed...
I just can't bring myself to shred gorgeous nugs lol.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Can't see why ally grinders would be a problem surely joints don't get hot enough to burn it anyway? Maybe I am wrong not sure.
I don't like em myself I prefer the plastic ones.... Although I really prefer the old pull apart method instead, but it uses too much weed!

S

sourpuss

I like doing it by hand... if grinders r bad whats your snips doing? Prob same thing.... molecularly... if thats a word.... fingers got deead skin. Dirt under the nail. Organic... lol.... wad do yall think... healthiest way to break it up.... dont think I got much metal to metal contact with the santa cruz....

BudToker

Veteran
If you grind up the metal and smoked it then I can see the problem. However I've never seen aluminum grinds in my stuff before. I use an aluminum grinder and vaporize my herbs so I feel confident there is no danger with that combo.

Rinse

Veteran
Make no mistake cheap Ali grinders are a big health hazard, I think the good quality ones are ok but some cheaper ones will leave ali powder in your bud, you cant get much more toxic than that.

S

SPG.

I had a Plastic one.The teeth broke off and fk'd up the Spliff..Smoking Plastic Cant be Disguised no matter what the weed.. :(..
Bet Metals cool but im Disgusted^ i just break it up,Savour the Moment.. STILL Great "Speed" and ideal for Gatherings Gotta Be..
Can't see how Metal Teeth could be bad for ya health "tbh" Unless Sabotaged that is..

Gry

It is to be found in food, in water, in meds, in cosmetics. Anyone recall the adds for some antiperspirant that bragged of how effectively it plugged pores? I think it was Mitchum. There is even an allowable amount in IV supplied Nutrient solution. The odd thing is, that until the Boulder Dam was built, it was one of the most rare metals on earth. So much so, that was used for stuff like crowns for royalty. It was a point of national pride, when it was selected for use as a capstone for the Washington Monument.
Have to wonder how much is ingested by those who consume a lot of canned beverages.