What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dirt Farmers 2011 Pac. N.W. Backyard Giants

dirt farmer

Here is my grow so far. I have pics of the start of the grow. But this is where I am today. Some just started to show tiny buds. Some are still stretching.

Any here some pics. And good to see you old friends.

Almost all my plants are showing tiny buds. The Dogshit is lagging behind.

DSC05851.jpg

DSC05852.jpg

DSC05854.jpg

DSC05856.jpg

DSC05857.jpg

DSC05864.jpg

DSC05865.jpg

DSC05866.jpg

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
DAMM DUDE they r looking super killer. cant wate to see em in full flower.
grow em big grow em green. 1CB.

dirt farmer

Thanks guys.

I am putting up 3 carports in line this week. So I will have them all under a 60x10 carport with one long cover. I am in Oregon so I need o get ready for the fall.

Also will be caging all the plants this week. There still stretching pretty good so been holding off of the cages. I got 5x125 foot roll of trillis netting in the mail now.

B

bongbong

Nice garden! I use the 1/2 barrells also and don't understand why some use the 3 or 4 hundred gallon pots when u can almost get the same size and yield from a half barrell. Good luck on the season!

dirt farmer

Nice garden! I use the 1/2 barrells also and don't understand why some use the 3 or 4 hundred gallon pots when u can almost get the same size and yield from a half barrell. Good luck on the season!

Yah thats is interesting. Although if I had the cash to fill a 200g smart pot with Fox Farms Soil then I would try it.

My 25g barrels are filled with FFOF soil mixed with 30% perlite. I PH my fert water to 6.8. I water from the tap and 7.0. I only water each plant when it starts to droop from lack of water. I never water all my plants at the same time. Each plant needs water at different times. When I water I water super heavy until a gallon or even more runs out the bottom of the pot.

All will know when any of my plants will eed water the next day. For the night before the plant needs water the leafs will not sleep. They will stick up like they are in full sun in pitch black dark. I am thinking this is caused from the roots seeking and searching for water. Not letting the plant sleep. I have no proof this is going on. Ust what I think.

Here is some pics showing different plants sticking all the leafs up like they are in full sun. But as you can see it is dark out. After I see this the next day the plant will start to droop and need water. When I water the plant that next night all the leafs will sleep like normal. I see this as max growth going on. The last pic shows the a plant sleeping (thats what I call it) next to a plant that will need water the next day or afternoon. I have high % of perlite. So I can go thru lots of water and food on hot days. On hot days my plant will need water almost every 2 days. Some drink slower than others though. I only use the ff treo nothing else. No topping or anything. Just let them grow.

This method got me 420 the mag plant of the month in Oct. 2009. You can see the plants in my signature below. If you read that thread you will see I have gold in my backyard soil. So the plants in the ground have lots more going on than FF soil. It is a work rich super soil all natural. But the blue potted plants are all FF and perlite only.

Attachments

• CIMG5640.jpg
    CIMG5640.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11
  • CIMG5639.jpg
    CIMG5639.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 13
  • CIMG5638.jpg
    CIMG5638.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 14
  • CIMG5637.jpg
    CIMG5637.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 11
  • CIMG5636.jpg
    CIMG5636.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC05828.jpg
    DSC05828.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC05868.jpg
    DSC05868.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 10

dirt farmer

Some of you may recall this grow in 2009. As you can see not one single yellow leaf at harvest. My backyard soil grew this plant with no ameding to soil. I did use a 2x3 hole of FF that got the root ball going. Once it hit the backyard soil it went epic.

Here is some pics to show you what my backyard soil can do. Hoping for a mega stretch again this year.

SL739209.JPG

In the middle of harvest and inside the plant. Zero to no yellow leafs.

SL739195.JPG

SL739204.JPG

Buds???

sl739152.jpg

sl739155.jpg

sl739166.jpg

This is the plant in my avatar. Notice the carport sitting on my roof.

sl739180.jpg

dirt farmer

How did my back yard soil get like this??? Good question. But this is what I think is going on. If you look at this pic you will see my contrete patio. Well on the all sides of this little patch of yard is filled it with concret patios or drive ways. So over 50 years since this house has been built. This patch has become a huge work bed. It has work like I have never seen before. I can did up 10 huge nightcrawlers in every shovel load easy. We all know a 2x2x2 FF hole will not grow 5lb plants. So this must be whats going on im my back yard. When it rains I will have 10 worms coming out of the cracks in my patio almost every time.

Again this pics shows you how this could happen over 50 years. It's like a huge worm bed. This was right after harvest 2009. What a great discovery huh? Still no yellow leafs on the ground. Amazing. The ded leafs you see on the gound is all I had thru the whole year. also notice the small FF hole? Trip huh? The carport was on my roof and jacked up anout 2 feet.

SL7392231.JPG

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude, you like disppeared after you harvested that grow - musta been pretty good stuff

dirt farmer

Dude, you like disppeared after you harvested that grow - musta been pretty good stuff

If you remember at that time there was biblical floods in the Philippines. I was there for a few months rebuilding family homes.

It was they lost everything in minutes. But lucky to be alive thing. Not kidding about being lucky. Lots died from the same area.

dirt farmer

To hot to work outside this weekend. I will carport and net next weekend. Got 97 out yesterday. way to hot for my fat ass.

Here is some update pics. I need the 3rd carport asap. They are filling out nice now.

DSC05889.jpg

DSC05888.jpg

DSC05887.jpg

DSC05885.jpg

DSC05882.jpg